• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA R10 Mrk II help?

Hey I recently had the same problem,

Part of the bolt is curently pressing against the stock, this causes the chamber to be only partually closed.

To fixt this you need too looses the screw on the bolt and move it a bit upwards.

This should fixt the problem.

The video shows how the bolt moves backwards when you fire.

So when the bolt is closed it shoudn't touch the stock, this way you ensure it's completely closed. 

Great insite! I also found this-
http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=56436.30

This is the number two thread on the BSA forum and it was a lengthy discussion on the bolt problem. I've posted the link here, in case anyone searches the thread in the future.

Summary is, there is a custom aftermarket bolt sold overseas made from stainless, with a deeper socket for the ball detent that is supposed to correct the problem. England has the problem even with their 12 ft/lb rifles. Our FAC's really push the envelope. I've asked the vendor if he'll ship to the US and if not, if there is a US source for the improved part. Once I've that info, I'll make one more entry....

934e9e09aedf153f36812a242e93720b.jpg
024ae12e1cfef0137e1be49e1461f274.jpg

These are the up and down positions of the bolt of my gun, as you can see there is a clear gap present in the down position. This ensures that the bolt can make the whole movement to lock the chamber and doesn't come back up when you shoot. The screw in the middle you can easily adjust. It took me just 30 seconds to fix the problem.