• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning bsa R10 MK2 found in back corner of gun safe has no air, leaks air

poor neglected bsa the only 1 i own anymore. i filled it and didn’t notice a leak, shooting recently received jsb hades 1 shot on top of another @ 35 yards, leak got worse and i hear it. I took apart the fill port check valve and did find potential problem causing debris. After reassembly i try to fill and now air blows out of the reg “bleed to atmosphere” holes. i didnt touch the reg. I have a huma-air reg on order. anybody have advice? much appreciated as always. the camo stock seems so cool to me. its ambi which is better than righty only but not as good as lefty only. after seeing 2 mags of hades stacking this ag is my new project. by coincidence i have hades 30 cal i need to try with the RAW, that pic was taken long before hades existed 

FD60B547-1D21-4228-8733-8121BC09AEB5.1632990831.jpeg

It's the o-ring on the reg piston. Happens to the reg when sitting unused for a long period of time. I've had several do that. My theory is that the o-ring gets "stuck" to the reg housing (kinda kike stiction) then when you shoot it, the o-ring gets a minute "tear" in it. In fact this just happened to the Cricket compact I picked up, not air "blowing" out, but would leak 50bar over night. (A little leak detector and bubbles on hole) New o-ring and good as new.

Replace that o-ring and I bet all it better.

I just replaced that o-ring for the second time (and a few others while I was at it). Mine was one of the old stock that PA sold discounted awhile ago so the first new set of o-rings was to be expected. Still kind of funny that both my BSA and my Wildcat see regular use yet I've never had to replace anything on the Wildcat. I've had the FX longer but she just keeps purring along. Good to see that you are having that kind of accuracy with the Hades. I will have to try them. The Huma reg should take care of your leak. Almost bought one but still had spare o-rings from the first rebuild (always order spares). Let us know how the Huma works out for you.