BSA BSA Mercury S 177

Thought I'd share one of my first adult airguns. I think 1979 manufacture. Early 80's I was just eyeballing Beemans at the local dealer and had fired one in the warehouse. Went to another sporting goods store and found this BSA Mercury S used with the box and a 4x Redfield rimfire scope mounted for $150. So I bought it and carried it around plinking and such for quite a while until I couldn't resist a Beeman R10 any longer and shortly after a Theoben Sirocco.
I took good care of the BSA and never goofed it up so it's still minty and I kept the box so I expect it will bring good $ on eBay when I do post it there. Pretty rare one.
The S model came with a walnut stock instead of the ungainly blonde beech stock and a threaded breech pin. Very attractive gun and shot pretty well too. In 40 years I don't think I've seen another. They typically run 10 to 11.5 ft lb with an adjustable fake 2 stage trigger that releases with no noticeable creep.
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg

Thought I'd share one of my first adult airguns. I think 1979 manufacture. Early 80's I was just eyeballing Beemans at the local dealer and had fired one in the warehouse. Went to another sporting goods store and found this BSA Mercury S used with the box and a 4x Redfield rimfire scope mounted for $150. So I bought it and carried it around plinking and such for quite a while until I couldn't resist a Beeman R10 any longer and shortly after a Theoben Sirocco.
I took good care of the BSA and never goofed it up so it's still minty and I kept the box so I expect it will bring good $ on eBay when I do post it there. Pretty rare one.
The S model came with a walnut stock instead of the ungainly blonde beech stock and a threaded breech pin. Very attractive gun and shot pretty well too. In 40 years I don't think I've seen another. They typically run 10 to 11.5 ft lb with an adjustable fake 2 stage trigger that releases with no noticeable creep.
View attachment 455653View attachment 455655View attachment 455656
Oh so sweet!