BSA CLX is States side

I’m intrigued on whether they fixed the hammer bounce issues from the earlier bsa rifles. Did they finally go with a floating hammer? Or are they unimpressed by progress?

AFAIK they have not made any updates to their action for very long time, in fact they originally had a factory denounce device but no long make them probably because they didn’t really work and more parts also means higher cost for them. 

it’s a UK gun company and the design is for sub12 so when the tune is under 12fpe the bounce isn’t too bad but going above that you can literally hear the buzz from hammer bounce letting out air after the hammer ping on each shot. The new sign which looks identical to the S200/CZ200 with valve in the tube is a better design even though it’s almost just as old. At higher than 12 FPE there shouldn’t be too much bounce or less than BSA design with lighter spring if I remember correctly, either way it’s more efficient at higher power turn than BSA. BSA’s design isn’t horrible, it’s very consistent but does sacrifice efficiency. If you add a regulator that is set at lower pressure range and go light on the hammer spring the hammer bounce will be reduced but certainly won’t be fixed. BUT the down side of that is because of the short barrel it will be very loud!

according to airgun review channel BSA has bunch of new products coming so it’s possible they do have a new design so we will see. But the CLX is a bit under whelming in terms of a “redesign”. I have no expectation that Gamo will invest in any R&D and all the new guns will be either Chinese or Turkey guns with their name on it (just like crosman) and when it happens they are really dead to me. For now at the very least I’ll think about the CLX/CZ if it goes on sale. I wouldn’t buy it with my hard earned money at the current asking price, just my opinion/evaluation. At 850 I would rather toss in a few more bones and get a HW110 carbine at sale price, way more efficient and way way way quieter……or just get a Dreamline classic if length isn’t an issue.

Hw110 carbine and dreamline are sweet rifles. And you're right they have similar costs. At the end of the day though, they are not the same substitutes for the Ultra's short length IMO, which is really the main selling point of the gun. HW110 and dreamline are Goldstar length. The shortest Hw110 is 5 inches longer than the CLX and the dreamline about 6. If you go to the BSA JSR model (if you're saying all the Ultras have the same action anyway) its 27 inches -- over 10 inches shorter than the HW110 carbine. No matter how much money you throw at the HW110 or dreamline, they'll never be as short as the Ultra and will be noticeably longer (unless you go bullpup). That may not matter to some, but it's significant length in a truck or barn.