BSA Air Rifles

Hope there is someone to sell them in the states .
They're owned by Gamo/Daisy so if nothing else, I'd assume they'll use their distro network.

@KWK here's a good comparison to the HW50 and SS

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

I have a BSA Scorpion SE .177 that I bought new "a while back". I have never done a thing to it. It has proven itself to be reliable and accurate. Every time I think about buying a "better gun" in .177 like a Daystate, I think about how well this rifle shoots and the idea goes away. It's shooting ~20fpe, for lower power I have a 12fpe CZ200 and a few springers.

Reactions: orangeokie
Since this thread was posted I'm sure there are many others on the forum who have bought a BSA or two for their collection. I bought two from AoA. The first was a new R10 in .177 and the second a pre-owned Scorpion Multishot in .22, excellent condition. I put Huma Air shrouds with internal moderators on both rifles which shortened them by 3-4 inches and both rifles are now nearly silent in the backyard. Deadly accurate at 25 yds (the max distance I shoot from my back porch) on paper and on sparrows and starlings. I love an accurate, walnut-stocked rifle that requires no tinkering. Just pull it out of the safe and start shooting. I have Optisan scopes and low mount BKL rings on both rifles and shoot at 10x. I have been going through the classifieds thinking I "need" another .177 in a Daystate Huntsman configuration, but every time I shoot my BSA, that "need" evaporates. Plus, I have a Huntsman Regal in .20 that satisfies along with an electronic Air Wolf in .22. If I were to get another BSA it may be the Defiant bullpup or the CLX sub 12. But for now, I am fat, dumb and happy with my two BSA beauties.

BSA R10b.jpg

Last edited:
It really is a shame that BSA seems to have such little interest in the North American market. AoA is the sole distributor, and even they seem content in moving very few BSA guns recently. They only carry two of the BSA models, currently.

That's BSA's choice, obviously. Their company, their decisions. But still quite odd that they choose to give such a cold shoulder to such a sizeable portion of the market.

I tried for a few weeks in earnest to send someone...anyone...my money for an R12 not long after they were introduced, but nobody wanted said cash. Oh well :(

Reactions: Dairyboy
Just sold my scorpion since I picked up a MINT ultraView attachment 366085View attachment 366086
I didn't really shoot the scorpion much do to the size, and have lusted after the ultra for years. They are amazing guns.
Doc . . . You should order one of these Huma Air Shrouds for your Ultra and get rid of that big ol' honking moderator on the end of it. Your gun will be virtually silent.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein