BRUTAL Experience Today Shipping at UPS Hub

Ups is my go to. But I do not tell them what I'm shipping. I understand their policies, and also understand that they often have a poorer grasp on them. I also understand that obscuring what I am actually shipping could be problematic were something to happen to the package. But this is how I currently ship anything I have to.

That said, if I had the intention of telling them, and encountered the same person and situation... I would have quickly turned around and left. 

Nothing like someone that thinks they know better and are "in charge" to wreck your day.

I have had no less that 3 experiences like that at my local UPS over 20 years.. Always when they guy who I have dealt with since the late 90's goes on vacation and leaves an uneducated person there. Been through the box opening. Been through the accusations. I have even had a manager from another store call into the storm I was going through and tell me that an airgun was in fact, a firearm. I have been told once that even though one employee knew it was a pellet gun, they needed to ship it overnight like a PB handgun, firearm. So yes. I have been through it at UPS. I kind of know when my UPS guy will be off and I don't go near them in those times. Luckily he takes vaca in the summer. I feel for you and hear you loud and clear. It's always the lowest common denom when it comes to these mistakes. Hiring mistakes based on some "invisible" rule. 

Reactions: mtnGhost
FedEx started refusing to accept air rifles out of the blue.

I don't believe that is correct just 2 weeks ago I ordered an air rifle from Pyramid Air it was shipped via FedEx

Their actual corporate policy vs. what their gun hating employees accept here in Seattle are two very different things.