• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Browning Buck Mark vs Ruger Mark IV Shoot Out Review

Gotta go to a different computer to view, later.

Funny though. I sold my Ruger Mk I firearm, and bought a Browning Buckmark firearm. While the Ruger is a nice gun, very accurate, I didn't like the steep grip angle. Plus the reassembly after cleaning was a pain in the rear.
The Buckmark has a better (to me !) grip angle, and its teardown and reassembly after cleaning is a snap, compared to the Ruger.

In case you don't realize, .22 ammo is VERY dirty burning.

Mike

Reactions: EdinGa
I've never handled the BuckMark, but I have the Ruger pistol. First thing you notice with it is how light it is compared to the real gun--IIRC it's something like 1.3 pounds vs about 3 pounds for my real Ruger Mk II (5.5" barrel). Cocking effort isn't horrible, and accuracy seems to be acceptable, but the trigger pull is horrendous--AT LEAST 10 pounds as the video says, and I think mine is even heavier than that.

I saw a video on improving the BuckMark's trigger and it looked like something I could do. Yesterday I watched a video on improving the Ruger's trigger and OMG it looks like a nightmare to work with. I've done action jobs on both (real) Colt and S&W revolvers and it looks like that's a LOT easier than working with this Ruger airgun trigger. Only good thing I can say about this trigger is that it breaks clean, no creep or apparent movement at all.

Between the gun's light weight and the horrendous trigger pull, this gun is not easy to shoot at all. If you can work yourself up to shooting this gun even halfway well, any other handgun I can think of will be a breeze to shoot.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I watched a lot of videos and did a bunch of reading before I decided on the Buckmark. No regrets.
39688.jpeg