Brown truck came today!

get the cheap caldwell chrony from amazon works just fine, i think its more accurate than the fx. few fx iv had sure miss alot of shots mycalwell very good 80or so bucks
Been around the block on these things & now back to the cheap Caldwell. Relatively small investment & could recoup a lot of it if you decide to sell* & move to more advanced tech (or keep it as a backup).

* Assuming it doesn't have a hole in it (@scoutscope is not wrong) :eek:

Reactions: ripping.r
get the cheap caldwell chrony from amazon works just fine, i think its more accurate than the fx. few fx iv had sure miss alot of shots mycalwell very good 80or so bucks
I can second this, my caldwell missed 1 or two out of all, had my fx chrono miss a ton when chronoing my taipan, however I did hear that it could be a preset I need to change causing this to happen.

Reactions: MrP
I'm not saying they're not durable. Just don't drag it behind your truck over rocks and throw it off cliffs and it should be ok.

i watched those when he first put them up. at first i could not believe what i was watching. I am positive mine are very safe from that kind of threat. the stuff people can and do to stuff when its free.

Reactions: qball
Good advice there from douger,
My 1st chrony was the Caldwell, it unfortunately got in the way of a.25 cal and died a painful death...
I now have CE ProChrony and the FX, The FX is more convenient , but not as accurate , not to mention the price is ridiculous