• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brown truck came today!

Brought me my new favorite gun. This is the first time holding an FX rifle. And the are. Very well built. Every bit as tough as my brocock. But lighter. I do see my brocock for sale soon as i dought i will pick it over my impact when pesting or hunting or. Have to get the regular stuff my scope rings all that stuff yet. Can't wait to get it all together and go shoot it. And a big thanks to bakerair guns for packing it well and checking it out overall and geting it to me within a week across the country.

0613221633.jpg

0613221632.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good ! what cal. ?
what kinda rear reg presure it set at you shooting pellets or slugs 22 or 25 cal
.25 cal im stuck on it. The second reg is at 125. Seams hi and the valve adjuster is just past the fourth line. The macro is on 16 and micro is just above 4. This is how i got it. Seams everything is maxed not sure that is how it left FX. It will just shoot pellets. The jsb or fx 25.39s. Not in to slugs.

for 25 grain, you will probably wind up closer to 110-115. I decide what velocity I want and add 5%. I then adjust the reg and max out the hammer. After a few shots I see If I'm at that +5% number. If not I adjsut reg and shoot a few more. When my reg and Max hammer give me my +5%, I start backing off the hammer and shooting a few shots till I'm close to my desired velocity. Then I would ease in on the valve adjustment easy until I'm there. About like I would get any other gun shooting 3-5% down the knee from the plateau. That has me winding up close to the middle of the hammer tension with the 3 tunes I've done so far. I'm not tuning super heavy yet. 25 gr pellets, 34 gr pellets, and 29 gr slugs. The valve is winding up close to the fourth line. Every gun is different, but this method works to find your own settings instead of trying to make someone else's work for you. I know some start with their hammer in the middle and adjust up until adjustment give no more velocity. They are then at that plateau. My way, I start at the plateau and see if it's that +5% number. If not , time to adjust reg. Less shooting my way. I'm currently at an extreme spread of 8 fps with a standard deviation of 2.6, and I'm just getting started with these slugs. I can't be all wrong. I am seriously enjoying not taking guns out of their stocks and regs out of their tubes to get to hammer tension and adjust regs. Have fun with it and try the 33.95 gr pellets. I never looked back once I got my first gun tuned to them. Great pellets. Happy shooting

for 25 grain, you will probably wind up closer to 110-115. I decide what velocity I want and add 5%. I then adjust the reg and max out the hammer. After a few shots I see If I'm at that +5% number. If not I adjsut reg and shoot a few more. When my reg and Max hammer give me my +5%, I start backing off the hammer and shooting a few shots till I'm close to my desired velocity. Then I would ease in on the valve adjustment easy until I'm there. About like I would get any other gun shooting 3-5% down the knee from the plateau. That has me winding up close to the middle of the hammer tension with the 3 tunes I've done so far. I'm not tuning super heavy yet. 25 gr pellets, 34 gr pellets, and 29 gr slugs. The valve is winding up close to the fourth line. Every gun is different, but this method works to find your own settings instead of trying to make someone else's work for you. I know some start with their hammer in the middle and adjust up until adjustment give no more velocity. They are then at that plateau. My way, I start at the plateau and see if it's that +5% number. If not , time to adjust reg. Less shooting my way. I'm currently at an extreme spread of 8 fps with a standard deviation of 2.6, and I'm just getting started with these slugs. I can't be all wrong. I am seriously enjoying not taking guns out of their stocks and regs out of their tubes to get to hammer tension and adjust regs. Have fun with it and try the 33.95 gr pellets. I never looked back once I got my first gun tuned to them. Great pellets. Happy shooting
I have some of those in my test sets. They are to heavy for my concept xr. I will try them. Tuning will come slow as i dont have a chronograph or easy access to one it's on my shopping list. Sounds like you have it fairly well worked out. Thanks

I have a love hate relationship with the labradar. It's incredibly effective and capable, but pricey and could do with much better software. If I were on a tighter budget I'd be looking at a fx. I don't want to go back to shooting an old school chrony. I did mean shooting the chrony, not shooting through it. Fact of life; chrony's get shot to bits. Just my $.02 on chrony vs radar. Also big shout to Dad, without whom the labradar would not have been possible. You might go shopping around for someone else's tune on a setup just like yours. You could tweak it to suit you without a chrony until you get there.

Mine has the holes. Probably not needed for pellets anyway. I'll most likey get an fx chrony. To many thing to buy not enough money.
get the cheap caldwell chrony from amazon works just fine, i think its more accurate than the fx. few fx iv had sure miss alot of shots mycalwell very good 80or so bucks