Brown box Truck gone Wrong stories.

I bought a few hundred bucks worth of pellets off AGN a few months back. They somehow got redirected across the country to my old address (which we moved from almost five months ago). Then returned to the sender’s UPS Store location, then BACK AGAIN to my old address!!! I finally had to pay an extra $65 for UPS to fix their screwup and get them to me. When the box arrived, it had literally been beat to hell. I’d wager more than 70% of the pellets are damaged, with probably 20-25% of them having skirts damaged beyond repair. It took almost two month for them to get to me, and was an absolute nightmare. I still need to buy or build a skirt repair tool to salvage what I can… 😑

I bought a few hundred bucks worth of pellets off AGN a few months back. They somehow got redirected across the country to my old address (which we moved from almost five months ago). Then returned to the sender’s UPS Store location, then BACK AGAIN to my old address!!! I finally had to pay an extra $65 for UPS to fix their screwup and get them to me. When the box arrived, it had literally been beat to hell. I’d wager more than 70% of the pellets are damaged, with probably 20-25% of them having skirts damaged beyond repair. It took almost two month for them to get to me, and was an absolute nightmare. I still need to buy or build a skirt repair tool to salvage what I can… 😑
☹️

My shipping problems doesn't involves the Big Brown Truck.....
It is those Dang White TRucks!!
My latest Costly Fiasco involves a Hill EC3000 compressor!!
20220510_102450.jpg

Well it was dropped in transit....Refunded by the company I bought through.
I had to shop around toi find some who Would ship through the Brown Truck!!

Stuart

Reactions: SHOMER
These stories are far too common for a shipping industry that is neither inexpensive nor 100% reliable. For the money spent on shipping items, one would think the shippers would make every effort to guarantee that our purchases arrive free from damage. It's especially irritating knowing that the large shippers oftentimes try to duck responsibility for the damage they caused.

I've seen many guns for sale in the classifieds that have sorely tempted me, but because of my distrust of the simians who have been entrusted with our packages, I have mostly demurred. The sad reality is that we simply cannot count on receiving an item in the same shape it was shipped.

Reactions: SHOMER
Silly question....... Who did the replacing? The vendor or UPS??. Shipping cost on the replacement? I have a sizer that a machinist friend made for me that works wonders on those bent skirts. There are a bunch for sale on E-Bay
Airguns of Arizona, replaced the gun, no questions asked. No cost to me thankfully.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
My shipping problems doesn't involves the Big Brown Truck.....
It is those Dang White TRucks!!
My latest Costly Fiasco involves a Hill EC3000 compressor!!
20220510_102450.jpg

Well it was dropped in transit....Refunded by the company I bought through.
I had to shop around toi find some who Would ship through the Brown Truck!!

Stuart
Never liked FedEx, always needed a signature to leave package and they always arrived at the end of the day or next day after driving around in circles between towns.

Reactions: CoyoteGod
My UPS person is a nice kid but I have a feeling he is dyslexic, as he 50% of the time sends my 17671 package to the neighbor that is 17761. As you can imagine this is a pain. So much so UPS got sick of me complaining the first three times and gave me the secret distribution number to have the package flagged each time. If I have an expensive item, I try to get it done FedEx, not because they are any better company, but just the assigned delivery person doesn't get my address wrong. Or I have to spring for signature required to get it to the right location. One good thing to come of it was I made a relationship with my neighbor and he calls me when my package arrives at his home. He's a nice guy, thankfully. Odd thing is I never get his packages from this UPS driver though. :rolleyes:

These stories are far too common for a shipping industry that is neither inexpensive nor 100% reliable. For the money spent on shipping items, one would think the shippers would make every effort to guarantee that our purchases arrive free from damage. It's especially irritating knowing that the large shippers oftentimes try to duck responsibility for the damage they caused.

I've seen many guns for sale in the classifieds that have sorely tempted me, but because of my distrust of the simians who have been entrusted with our packages, I have mostly demurred. The sad reality is that we simply cannot count on receiving an item in the same shape it was shipped.
I hear that Phillip. The last few guns I sold, I met the person half between 2 States. My guns mean alot to me, like their apart of me and not, as you said, take that chance.

Reactions: phillip
I get quite a few packages from UPS, only a few are guns, however. I have not had any problems with the material being damaged but I think UPS was at least partially responsible for about a one week delay in my receipt of my most recent guns from Krale. They said they couldn't find the shipping invoice but it was on the outside of the box when it got to me (I got them another one working with Krale so they could clear customs).

Reactions: Mickshooter