Broken Stock Repair?

Sorry to hear that you dropped your Sig Glen ! Any other damage other than the stock ? Trying to figure out how you dropped it while cocking ?

The key to a good wood crack repair is to open up the crack as much as you can without increasing it's length. I've used Gorilla Glue on cracks that wasn't a gun stock. Wetting the wood is a great thing to do and will allow for a better bond. Fortunately, I think where it cracked might be a better place than if it were on the forearm. Just keep watching it as the ASP20 has high shake firing behavior.

So frustrating. I had placed the butt of the stock on my bed and started to cock it while looking at a squirrel. My right hand was cocking the barrel, my left hand supporting the forearm on the underside, and the butt was pressed against the bed. The butt slipped off the bed and because it was "half cocked" it launched it across the room. I had never cocked it that way, just was rushing to get to my "target"....zero other damage thank God.

I have now shot it probably 100 times already, and no sign at all of ANY weakening. 

I already contacted a repair guy who is fantastic. He called me yesterday because his emails weren't going through. If I need to send it to him he'll fix the crack, sand the stock and refinish....It would be 100percent. Right now I'd call it 95 %. You can still see the crack if you look for it....boy did it frustrate me.

20210531_110901.1622473833.jpg

(Ignore messy bed)...

Imagine my right hand cocking the break barrel. I didn't apply enough downward pressure to prevent the butt from sliding away from the break barrel angle. Somewhere prior to actually cocking it, the friction broke at the butt, and it slid out from the bed. As the breakbarrel slammed shut it launched the rifle. No other damage, still shooting POI where the POA is.....I was "lucky"

I'm a Righty and that would be an awkward way to cock it for me. Right hand forearm. Left hand cock. Right hand load. Left hand close action. If it doesn't hold you might consider the guy you mentioned. Then have him sand a finish in a traditional walnut finish. You'd then have a very unique asp20 that would be eye catching. I do miss my Sig but I needed the cash. The guy in Washington state that I sold it to loves it. I watch for them on ebay and saw a 4.5mm go for $700. I'm watching out for a R9 in 5mm now to complete my collection.

RWS 34 T06 IN 5.5mm

FWB 124D Jnc.

NEXT....R9 in 5mm

I'm a Righty and that would be an awkward way to cock it for me. Right hand forearm. Left hand cock. Right hand load. Left hand close action. If it doesn't hold you might consider the guy you mentioned. Then have him sand a finish in a traditional walnut finish. You'd then have a very unique asp20 that would be eye catching. I do miss my Sig but I needed the cash. The guy in Washington state that I sold it to loves it. I watch for them on ebay and saw a 4.5mm go for $700. I'm watching out for a R9 in 5mm now to complete my collection.

RWS 34 T06 IN 5.5mm

FWB 124D Jnc.

NEXT....R9 in 5mm

Lol. I am right handed!! Although I am ambidextrous and do most things left. I write, pitch, shoot mostly right sided...

Would love that R9!!! Good luck.

The best way to repair a cracked stock if it is cracked, but not pulled apart, is Cyanoacrylate glue. (Super glue) It will penetrate the crack without needing to opening it up, which you should never do, as it will always be visible.

Just remove the stock and wick it in from inside. Have repaired dozens this way. I only use epoxy or wood glue IF the crack has opened up, which will then be visible even after refinishing.

The best way to repair a cracked stock if it is cracked, but not pulled apart, is Cyanoacrylate glue. (Super glue) It will penetrate the crack without needing to opening it up, which you should never do, as it will always be visible.

Just remove the stock and wick it in from inside. Have repaired dozens this way. I only use epoxy or wood glue IF the crack has opened up, which will then be visible even after refinishing.

Interesting !