Broken FWB 124 rifle price

If it won't engage the sear or the safety doesn't reset you got problems. Regardless, factor in the cost of a main spring and a seal. If you are working on it yourself. Triggers and safety slides aren't too cheap. I only know of 1 place to get a trigger and you have to finish it yourself.
so in your opinion what would you give for it?

No more than I could get parting out the good parts. You should be safe at $175-225. I'm not one for beat up stocks myself. I can do really nice stock refinishing but if it's gacked up too much I pass. I very rarely ever put any marks on my guns myself.
This one needed a seal and the stock needed a little help. A few pressure marks that came out. Easy refinish. Took a few tricks to make the stain look so nice. Spring was fine. Looks super now. Shoots really well just over 12 ft lb. No vibration. Nice trigger. The Hakko scope came with. I made the muzzle brake. No sights but IDC. Notice the Deluxe stock with no sling swivel on the breach block. IDK Came that way. I don't want a sling on it anyway. Looks better without to me.
IMG_3802.jpg

Parts for these things other than springs and seals are very hard to find, and extremely expensive when you do. Keep that in mind.

At best it could have a broken spring, at worst it could have a broken trigger or chipped sear. Even if you get it working, it can still suffer from other issues.

Despite being raved about, these guns were very cheaply built and flimsy, and had their fair share of issues. I've had and repaired several and they just aren't worth the crazy money people seem to expect them to be worth.

I wouldn't pay over $300 for one that shoots, and wouldn't touch it unless I needed it for a parts gun.

That's my opinion from a "been there and done that more than once" point of view.

Beeman. deluxe. Not sure which wood but it has a several deep Dings. plastic trigger. factory plastic sights. Not sure what JNC marked is. didn't see anything like that.
EDIT not walnut or Jnc
The "Jnc" is just a screw up from the factory in Germany. Should be Inc. for "Incorporation".
The Jnc rifles are rarer and it adds some value. I watch for 124's on Ebay all the time. Deluxe
versions in 90-99% condition can fetch $500 even if they need servicing. Fully restored and mint
or near mint condition can be as high a $600-700.

I just picked up a 124 Sport and it needed a new piston seal. When I put everything back together, the rifle wouldn't cock (piston rod was not being caught by trigger assembly). I tracked the problem down to a broken sear safety. Some call it an intermediate sear but it's part no 12.147.1. So far, no one, including FWB in Germany, has it. So, anyone here have a metal 3D printer who is willing to make the part? Of course, we need to create the 3D file instructions. Sigh.

I just picked up a 124 Sport and it needed a new piston seal. When I put everything back together, the rifle wouldn't cock (piston rod was not being caught by trigger assembly). I tracked the problem down to a broken sear safety. Some call it an intermediate sear but it's part no 12.147.1. So far, no one, including FWB in Germany, has it. So, anyone here have a metal 3D printer who is willing to make the part? Of course, we need to create the 3D file instructions. Sigh.
I just sold a bunch of 124 parts on ebay. Including the 12.147.1.

No more than I could get parting out the good parts. You should be safe at $175-225. I'm not one for beat up stocks myself. I can do really nice stock refinishing but if it's gacked up too much I pass. I very rarely ever put any marks on my guns myself.
This one needed a seal and the stock needed a little help. A few pressure marks that came out. Easy refinish. Took a few tricks to make the stain look so nice. Spring was fine. Looks super now. Shoots really well just over 12 ft lb. No vibration. Nice trigger. The Hakko scope came with. I made the muzzle brake. No sights but IDC. Notice the Deluxe stock with no sling swivel on the breach block. IDK Came that way. I don't want a sling on it anyway. Looks better without to me.
View attachment 270954
Love the look of that muzzle brake. You make these for sale by any chance? I have 2 124's and a Sport (newer model, same barrel diameter). Currently have the old Beeman muzzle brakes on them, which are fine, but I prefer the sleek looks of your design.

I see barrels go for more than that ! I sold a fairly rusted one on ebay for $40
we have no idea what IS wrong with the gun ,could be everything mentioned and more . more importantly we do not know what has benn tried and who tried to fix it . So my price still stands .

Love the look of that muzzle brake. You make these for sale by any chance? I have 2 124's and a Sport (newer model, same barrel diameter). Currently have the old Beeman muzzle brakes on them, which are fine, but I prefer the sleek looks of your design.
Thank you. Machining is a life long hobby for me after going to trade school and only working in the trade for a while. When I have time I get to make stuff. I spend so much time working, with family commitments, and getting exercise that my shop and airgun time is limited. I don't have any machines that could easily be set up for production. You can make anything in a shop with mostly vintage manual machines except money.
I spent hours making these 3 screws that I could have bought from UK delivered for about $50.
BTW the threads have to be single pointed (my preference anyway) because BSA used proprietary threads. There are no taps or dies available for them.
IMG_3696.JPG

Last edited: