• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

JTS Broken Airacuda Max .25 Valve Core

Max recently broke valve seat, JTS replaced under warranty, new one broke after a dozen shots. No response from JTS for purchasing another so looking for suggestions. Does anyone make these out of stronger material? Thanks, WM
IMG_20240226_144632.jpg

Solution
That’s frustrating. I don’t know how prevalent the poppet breakage is on the Airacuda but I thought the factory had pretty well worked it out on the DAR platform. By that I mean it was a common failure on the gen 1 (experienced it myself) and then seemed to subside on the gen 2 and 3. The only advice I can offer is take a careful look at the valve spring adjuster and the poppet’s travel.

Referring to the threaded cap that retains the valve spring. If the cap is threaded too far into the valve body, there is a potential for the hammer to overdrive the stem, causing the poppet to reach a hard stop. If that happens, the hammer can drive the stem through the poppet, rupturing it. The location of the break in your photo is consistent with...
3/26/24 Update
No reply to 3/11 e-mail to JTS re: replacement valve core, following Monday, sent another, reply was request for mailing address. 3/23/24, Delrin valve core, with metal rod, arrived, under warranty, from JTS. Installed and successfully tested on 3/24. Monday, 3/25, sealed envelope arrived from Firewalker. Opened to find only full envelope length folded over red #110 card stock. PM to Firewalker revealed original valve core and replacement had been secured, via shipping tape, inside folded card stock. Close inspection of internal card stock revealed wear marks from both valve cores. Notified USPS of theft today. Big THANK YOU to Firewalker for the time and effort, nice to know some really good people are still out there. WM

Reactions: Stubbers
In regard to how "deep" to tighten valve spring cap, had only my 20.1mm finding and 45Bravo's 18.9mm video one. Ernest Rowe's YouTube re: Kalibrgun Cricket valve spring mods, which appeared very similar to JTS, he suggested two full turns in, after cap to OEM spring contact, was his general practice for good shot count. Applying this resulted in14mm, felt comfortable with two more full turns to 16mm. Preliminary testing revealed good accuracy with JSB 33.95s and increased shot count. Chronograph work to follow. WM

Reactions: Stubbers
Max recently broke valve seat, JTS replaced under warranty, new one broke after a dozen shots. No response from JTS for purchasing another so looking for suggestions. Does anyone make these out of stronger material? Thanks, WMView attachment 444946
I'm dealing with this exact break right now. I did a glue/electric tape fix and it shot for awhile but then today it's doing the same thing it did when it broke so I'm assuming it finally re-broke I just haven't taken it apart yet. I reached out to jts for a email response so just waiting for that. I seen the pellet shop had aea challenger valve pins that kinda look the same but they said they wouldn't fit.

Reactions: Firewalker
I'm dealing with this exact break right now. I did a glue/electric tape fix and it shot for awhile but then today it's doing the same thing it did when it broke so I'm assuming it finally re-broke I just haven't taken it apart yet. I reached out to jts for a email response so just waiting for that. I seen the pellet shop had aea challenger valve pins that kinda look the same but they said they wouldn't fit.
Onpoint,
Sorry to hear of this, watching 45Bravo's video and following information posted here should help when new valve comes. WM

Just let me know if I can help, I'll ship it in a BOX! 🤣

I got JTS to send me one.

Reactions: Firewalker