Broke Impact Cocking Lever

"weatherby"
"aaronchow"
"AZBOBCAT"I have been in the firearm industry and the automobile and motorcycle industry. Those who are flabbergasted that something can break or go wrong have obviously never worked around manufacturing. Parts that go through magnafluxing and xraying still can brake fatigue wear out etc. Have you seen the speed at which Tominco shot the EBR speed match ? I guarantee someone will brake a Wildcat lever and yet his did not brake..... failures are just a part of mechanical assemblies I don't see a need in making a big deal about them unless they are blatant negligence like improper materials or faulty machining. You can't compare a company failure rates when the other companies do not match production volumes. I can only imagine what the warranty return dept looks like at Crossman.... I'm not talking about quality I'm talking about the quantity of guns they produce.
Obviously, NO Quality Control of Impact
Hard to tell if a pin will fall out, or shear off by QC-ing it.
The impact is hot news right now, that's why we read so much about it. Either good or bad.
But I really understand that people get disappointed when their new toy breaks down after paying so much money.

B.t.w. The arm and lever look to be made of steel, not aluminium. Don't act on assumptions, same goes for the RAW bottles (off topic) they are made of aluminium, and not steel what I read a lot here.
So are you saying the rod on your impact is made of steel? The way mine is unfinished bare metal on the bottom side it would be completely rusted where I live if it was steel. 

"Txboy"
"weatherby"
"aaronchow"
"AZBOBCAT"I have been in the firearm industry and the automobile and motorcycle industry. Those who are flabbergasted that something can break or go wrong have obviously never worked around manufacturing. Parts that go through magnafluxing and xraying still can brake fatigue wear out etc. Have you seen the speed at which Tominco shot the EBR speed match ? I guarantee someone will brake a Wildcat lever and yet his did not brake..... failures are just a part of mechanical assemblies I don't see a need in making a big deal about them unless they are blatant negligence like improper materials or faulty machining. You can't compare a company failure rates when the other companies do not match production volumes. I can only imagine what the warranty return dept looks like at Crossman.... I'm not talking about quality I'm talking about the quantity of guns they produce.
Obviously, NO Quality Control of Impact
Hard to tell if a pin will fall out, or shear off by QC-ing it.
The impact is hot news right now, that's why we read so much about it. Either good or bad.
But I really understand that people get disappointed when their new toy breaks down after paying so much money.

B.t.w. The arm and lever look to be made of steel, not aluminium. Don't act on assumptions, same goes for the RAW bottles (off topic) they are made of aluminium, and not steel what I read a lot here.
So are you saying the rod on your impact is made of steel? The way mine is unfinished bare metal on the bottom side it would be completely rusted where I live if it was steel.
I don't have an Impact, but I have had a Boss, Bobcat MK2, and an Royale 500. the levers are steel for sure, same goes for the link.
I'd say, grab a magnet and you'll know for sure. I would be really surprised if they'd make such a high stressed part out of alu.

Arron how do you know what the sales volume is on the impact?

Someone mentioned how complicated the Impacts design was, but Fredrick commented at the shotshow that the Impacts internal design was described as "least combative of any airgun on the market" I believe when he compared the everything that is involved in firing a pellet in a PCP air gun to War.

Lastly I still WANT to believe out of all off the Impacts sold only a small percentage of buyers are having issues, but AGAIN neither I nor you know exactly how many Impacts have been sold, an how many Impacts are having issues. It's not perfect by any means but for those whom are not having any issues they love it and those with issues still love it but are pissed its not up expectations. I'm sure all new airguns that get release experience the same thing (good and bad press).

Your right Weatherby it is steel. I don't have my impact cause I sent it back to AoA but I had my dad check his and its steel. It's pretty soft though cause the holes in that rod are ablong from the stress of cocking the gun. I by all means know that Fx makes awesome rifles cause this is not the only Fx gun in the pellet gun aresonel. I just simply posted this to see if anyone else has had this issue not to bash Fx. I wouldn't have bought this rifle if I didn't believe in them. 

"Txboy"Your right Weatherby it is steel. I don't have my impact cause I sent it back to AoA but I had my dad check his and its steel. It's pretty soft though cause the holes in that rod are ablong from the stress of cocking the gun. I by all means know that Fx makes awesome rifles cause this is not the only Fx gun in the pellet gun aresonel. I just simply posted this to see if anyone else has had this issue not to bash Fx. I wouldn't have bought this rifle if I didn't believe in them.
Txboy, no sweat, I wasn't thinking that you are bashing FX☺ They are an inventive company, and I really like them, but unfortunately, they are a bit delicate.
For instance, compared to a RAW, the difference is substatial. The RAW's hinge pins are twice as thick, and when cocking, the RAW feels robust and solid.
Downside is the added weight. But I had great fun with my FX's, and I'm thinking of buying a new R400☺
I hope your impact will be up and running ASAP, so you can continue enjoying your new gun.

kind regards, Gijs