Broke Impact Cocking Lever

Txboy

Jun 23, 2015
TX
On my tenth ten of pellets the cocking lever gave out. I was thinking I was gonna be problem free well guess not. From what I can tell the pin sheared. I looked close at the connecting rod and it looks to be made out of aluminum. I think after a few thousand shots the way the hole is oblong it is gonna give out also. If I could reach the hole where the pin goes I could probably fix it but it looks like the rifle has to be torn down. I sure was looking forward to punching targets over New Years guess not. Anyone else have this problem. I think Fx has got a QC problem

My pellet probe seated too deeply and actually bottomed out in the barrel before the lever was fully closed, that type of additional stress could cause the pin to break. without the mag or a pellet the action should be sooth as glass all the way through close, if the last sector of the lever throw gets a little resistance before closing fully, the probe may be too deep, or the barrel seated too deep. I only got 3 tins through mine before sending it back, if you had the same condition with 10 tins through it, that interference between the probe and barrel might be the root cause, worth checking.

The cocking of the gun was smooth. I always checked my barrel to make sure it was in the right spot. I have an airarms with the same type of action with well over 15000 shots with out a hiccup. I inspected it's action and there is no sign of wear at all. I think the material the rod is made out of is to soft which allows play for the pin to move back and forth causing added stress on the pin. Just my thoughts I'm surely not a design engineer. 

The hits just keep coming. As much as I want an FX impact, these guns should never have left the factory, and then never have left AoA.
An $1800 gun better work and be reliable for MANY years of hard work with only maintenance steps to prevent problems. The number of problems and repeat issues that keep coming up is mind boggling. I know that problems can and do happen, but this one could have been avoided with better materials application. Or beefing up of the pivot linkage. I know it is a game changer Airgun, I truly want one, but it is clearly not ready for GA.

I have been in the firearm industry and the automobile and motorcycle industry. Those who are flabbergasted that something can break or go wrong have obviously never worked around manufacturing. Parts that go through magnafluxing and xraying still can brake fatigue wear out etc. Have you seen the speed at which Tominco shot the EBR speed match ? I guarantee someone will brake a Wildcat lever and yet his did not brake..... failures are just a part of mechanical assemblies I don't see a need in making a big deal about them unless they are blatant negligence like improper materials or faulty machining. You can't compare a company failure rates when the other companies do not match production volumes. I can only imagine what the warranty return dept looks like at Crossman.... I'm not talking about quality I'm talking about the quantity of guns they produce.

"AZBOBCAT"I have been in the firearm industry and the automobile and motorcycle industry. Those who are flabbergasted that something can break or go wrong have obviously never worked around manufacturing. Parts that go through magnafluxing and xraying still can brake fatigue wear out etc. Have you seen the speed at which Tominco shot the EBR speed match ? I guarantee someone will brake a Wildcat lever and yet his did not brake..... failures are just a part of mechanical assemblies I don't see a need in making a big deal about them unless they are blatant negligence like improper materials or faulty machining. You can't compare a company failure rates when the other companies do not match production volumes. I can only imagine what the warranty return dept looks like at Crossman.... I'm not talking about quality I'm talking about the quantity of guns they produce.
Obviously, NO Quality Control of Impact

"aaronchow"
"AZBOBCAT"I have been in the firearm industry and the automobile and motorcycle industry. Those who are flabbergasted that something can break or go wrong have obviously never worked around manufacturing. Parts that go through magnafluxing and xraying still can brake fatigue wear out etc. Have you seen the speed at which Tominco shot the EBR speed match ? I guarantee someone will brake a Wildcat lever and yet his did not brake..... failures are just a part of mechanical assemblies I don't see a need in making a big deal about them unless they are blatant negligence like improper materials or faulty machining. You can't compare a company failure rates when the other companies do not match production volumes. I can only imagine what the warranty return dept looks like at Crossman.... I'm not talking about quality I'm talking about the quantity of guns they produce.
Obviously, NO Quality Control of Impact
Hard to tell if a pin will fall out, or shear off by QC-ing it.
The impact is hot news right now, that's why we read so much about it. Either good or bad.
But I really understand that people get disappointed when their new toy breaks down after paying so much money.

B.t.w. The arm and lever look to be made of steel, not aluminium. Don't act on assumptions, same goes for the RAW bottles (off topic) they are made of aluminium, and not steel what I read a lot here.