• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Sniper XR

I own the older version .22 Sniper HR (Huma regulated), bolt action model. It's been a solid PCP right out the box. Just used it this evening and shoot it almost everyday. I have shot thousands of pellets through mine very accurate and reliable. As for being a beginner? It's a fine choice, but you'll need the means to air it up. A hand pump won't cut it. So a tank (SCBA) or a HPA compressor. Good luck. 

First, welcome to the world of airguns! 

Brocock gives you a lot a value with the easy ability to adjust speeds and if you decide to get crazy you can adjust the regulator too. I would suggest shooting it the way it comes for awhile first. You will likely be surprised how well it shoots. Also make sure to clean the barrel using something like the patchworm cleaning sy system. A moderator is a must if you want to quiet it down a lot, but not necessary if you are on a budget.

Great first choice! Can’t go wrong with it. The only downside is the trigger is as good as some others but you won’t even notice if it is your first high end Airgun. Let us know what you end up decoding. I love the laminated stock versions.

Welcome to the “dark side”. The XR is a great rifle and very accurate. The trigger can be adjusted and with a bit of polishing can be made very nice. The power adjuster is a great feature that allows you to easily adjust the velocity on the fly. However, it really won’t yield a lot of extra shots if you lower the velocity. Lowering the velocity changes the POI so you will need dope sheets at all power levels if this is a feature you might use in the field. I have an XR is .22 and it’s my primary hunting tool.

My recently sold Sniper XR hooked many folks up at the Cowboy range where I shoot. None had ever shot a PCP air gun before and were totally blown away at the the accuracy, smooth and light cocking, and the easy shootability of the Sniper. 

The Sniper is rugged, convenient length, great shot count and has the 'easier' accuracy of a rifle format as compared to a bullpup. I think that it is a great first PCP air rifle, from a quality manufacturer. 

Something that TMH mentioned should be emphasized and that word is “rugged”. Brococks are built tuff and rugged but aren’t overly heavy in weight like the Eastern Block rifles are and they aren’t too light and fragile like some FX models. You don’t have to worry about bumping the barrel on a Brocock and losing your zero like some fragile rifles.