Brocock/BRK Brocock Sniper XR Sahara or Commander XR

Does anyone have experience with these two rifles in .22 caliber? I'm trying to decide which is better for the shooting I do. Or maybe there's something better.

Brocock Sniper XR

Brocock Commander XR

I'll spend around 75% of my time with it on my backyard bench (40 to 60 yards, occasionally 85 to 100 yards), and 25% doing pest control and plinking. I'm sorry to say I sold my only Brocock a couple of years ago and I have missed it ever since. Right now I spend most of my time with a .22 Taipan Veteran shortie and .177 Daystate Revere. Both are very accurate. Thanks in advance for your help!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
You already have experience with the awesome Brocock BRK platform, simply make your choice. The Commander and Sniper? Same gun, only difference? The folding stock. The biggest downside to the Brococks/BRKs ”is” that they are “drama free”, they simply perform. If you seek drama and the “chase” buy elsewhere.

I just got my Brocock Sniper Xr Magnum .22 in cerakote (tan). Super excited but weather hasn’t been good to test yet. This is my first pcp. I also have a brk ghost .25 coming next week.

The bullpup style is not bad. Easy to sholder and my cheek rest right on the stock without straining my neck. I have many rifles in the AR platform but find myself buying different stocks to please the comfort and appearance.

So far, it’s beautiful, balanced, and long. Been trying to find a hard case for transport (maybe 52-54 inch case).

I don’t have any regrets.

Reactions: L.Leon
Depending on your size, you might want to inquire about length of pull. The commander will allow some changes to that and I have a feeling it’s max and min lop are more, the sniper is fixed. But the sniper has an adjustable cheek riser, to get that on a commander you would have to change the stock. AR stocks are plentiful, so not really an issue.

I have a Concept Lite 22 and really enjoy it. Mine easily tuned from shooting 16gr at 870 fps how it came, to now shooting 18gr 880 fps.

A word on warning, the stock shroud really doesn’t do much. You need a moderator with these rifles.

Does anyone have experience with these two rifles in .22 caliber? I'm trying to decide which is better for the shooting I do. Or maybe there's something better.

Brocock Sniper XR

Brocock Commander XR

I'll spend around 75% of my time with it on my backyard bench (40 to 60 yards, occasionally 85 to 100 yards), and 25% doing pest control and plinking. I'm sorry to say I sold my only Brocock a couple of years ago and I have missed it ever since. Right now I spend most of my time with a .22 Taipan Veteran shortie and .177 Daystate Revere. Both are very accurate. Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello @GunshipGuy

I have owned the Commander XR and wish that I never sold it, but with that said, it was one of the most accurate and easy shooting PCP rifles that I have ever owned. And I have owned all of the "big name" rifles.

I currently own the Brocock Sniper XR in 22cal and it has turned out to be the most accurate. I was not sure about the "configuration" of the Sniper but now with over 4,000 pellets down the barrel I absolutely love this rifle. I do 99% benchrest target shooting with the Sniper but have done a bit of Squirrel hunting with it also. I am sure you will enjoy either of the two.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: lwm211 and L.Leon
Hello @GunshipGuy

I have owned the Commander XR and wish that I never sold it, but with that said, it was one of the most accurate and easy shooting PCP rifles that I have ever owned. And I have owned all of the "big name" rifles.

I currently own the Brocock Sniper XR in 22cal and it has turned out to be the most accurate. I was not sure about the "configuration" of the Sniper but now with over 4,000 pellets down the barrel I absolutely love this rifle. I do 99% benchrest target shooting with the Sniper but have done a bit of Squirrel hunting with it also. I am sure you will enjoy either of the two.

ThomasT
Thomas shoots his Brocock Sniper with surgical percission! Check out his thread "what paper target did you shoot today" where you can see how accurate you can be with that rifle. Very consistent and precise results show the abilities of both the rifle and the shooter. Should definitely be a rifle of consideration for purchase.

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon and ThomasT
Both are great. FloridaMan and Leon made good points, above. I don’t pest but if you’re in good shape and wanted one over the other, go Commander Magnum, due to its versatility. The Sahara looks and is awesome, I’ve only had it a short time. It’s not the Magnum and so the shorter barrel is louder without mod. Getting a Commander preowned by AoA or a reputable member would be my choice to narrow the gap in price vs the new Sahara special AoA is running. The good news is that if you go the other route, you wind up with the Sahara. Enjoy.

Reactions: L.Leon and ThomasT
Guys, your posts are incredibly helpful. Thank you so much. I've followed a number of you and gained a lot by reading your posts in the past. It would take me a page to thank all of you individually.

Well, I didn't realize I was looking at the "same gun/different stock." Maybe that explains why I was having difficulty with the "which one" question. I'm leaning toward the Sniper Sahara. The main reason is because I know I like the feel of the Brocock semi-bullpup. I had one in the past (wish I'd kept it) and found it very comfortable and easy to carry and shoot. I love the accuracy of my Veteran, but when I'm away from the bench I feel like I'm carrying a lead pipe.

Guys, your posts are incredibly helpful. Thank you so much. I've followed a number of you and gained a lot by reading your posts in the past. It would take me a page to thank all of you individually.

Well, I didn't realize I was looking at the "same gun/different stock." Maybe that explains why I was having difficulty with the "which one" question. I'm leaning toward the Sniper Sahara. The main reason is because I know I like the feel of the Brocock semi-bullpup. I had one in the past (wish I'd kept it) and found it very comfortable and easy to carry and shoot. I love the accuracy of my Veteran, but when I'm away from the bench I feel like I'm carrying a lead pipe.
That would be my choice. I’m a short gun dude