• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Sniper XR Magnum "Safari"

Received my Sniper XR Magnum "Safari" stock edition in 25 cal. I haven't seen anyone post this gun here yet. As far as I can tell, it's just the Sniper XR Magnum with a Safari stock (and new improved magazine).

I really like the stock - very unique. (Same as Daystate RW Safari.)

PXL_20210607_195931303.1623096441.jpg

Haven't shot it much yet. Just a few shots over the chrony. I'm getting around 875 fps with 34gr JSB (just under 58 fpe, so higher than spec.) Reg came to me set at 150bar which is pretty standard for the Snipers as far as I have seen. It feels great in my arms and feels very light. It seems to be very quiet with the 0db on it. I'll post more when I get more time with it. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

-Clayton

That’s stylish looking laminate. How do you like that new mag? It looks faster to load with the flip down back panel. Still made of all metal parts? Will the older Sniper mags work as well or are the dimensions different?

Yeah, I like the new mag style. It's really easy and fast to load. I have one like it with my recently purchased Atomic XR. Yes, it is all metal.

I'm not sure if the old mags will work. I'd be curious to know that as well.

I've had my Sniper XR Magnum, synthetic stock, for about six weeks. Now that I've seen your stock I'm jealous......

Yeah, I was going to purchase a synthetic a few weeks back, but then I saw the safari stock version online. I called to ask AoA when they would have them to sell (if ever) and they said they had them now, so I immediately bought one.

Watch out for the failing fill valve! There are cheap replacements on Amazon that function perfectly though.

1f44d.svg

Only happens if you fill it too fast. Happened to me early on, but it was my fault (opened SCBA valve a bit too much). It only dislodged the O ring, it was an easy fix. I have hundreds of full and partial fills on my Bantam since, the so called issue has never “recurred”.

I have the Sniper XR Magnum .25 in synthetic. I popped the O-ring on my XR on the first fill because I opened the valve on my tank too fast. Steve at AOA was kind enough to send some spare O-rings and dowty seals. It's been a 13 months and I haven't had another issue. Oops I lied. The old style magazines suck. I had the first one replaced because of misalignment issues and the replacement mag has the same problem. I purchased two mags from CARM and they work flawlessly.

This is a very accurate rifle. I've only shot groups out to 50 yards. Groups at 50 yards average about a nickel at using JSB Hades, 25.39s and 33.95s. After a few cold ones my father-in-law (rest in peace) used to brag that he could shoot the wings off of a fly at 20 yards. Well I can shoot the wing off of a dragon fly at 40 yards. Well 39 yards but who's counting.

download.png