• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Sniper XR for HFT?

I take exception to the comment, "just a bunch of grown ass men"!

I'll have you know, Sir, that I am only 68 years young... and hope I NEVER grow up!

No matter how much you spend, there will be guys like AirNGasman who will beat you with an old Crosman......

The Sniper HR is a SOLID rifle and will be as good as anything for HFT. The scope will be important for success, though... there are lots of threads about that.

One different thought on the high dollar stuff... a LOT of us use any excuse to try the "best" stuff. Sometimes it can make a difference but there is a thing called "placebo effect" 😉.

In the end, reliable equipment that fits you is all it takes.

Bob

With my ears burning for some strange reason(s):unsure:, I feel inextricably compelled to "contribute" to this thread again.

Now a year older than my first "contribution" to this thread, I (belatedly) realize I own a Sniper XR myself and LOVE IT! Of course mine has a WOOD stock. It also being .22, it's not for HFT. But it serves me well in 35 Foot-Pound Class (on power level 3) in my TEXtreme Bench-Rest Silhouette competitions. No doubt a .177 Sniper would be a great choice for HFT. Also, any time that VERBOTEN subject comes up ("If you could own only ONE"🖕), my Sniper easily makes the top THREE🖕.

As for my HFT rig(s), with my age (now 69) starting to catch up with me, the heavy heft of my well-decorated RAW TM1000 has become a liability on standing and kneeling lanes due to my Daniel Boone-ish, TRUE offhand form. Hence, I've obtained a lighter HFT alternative.

Correction- THREE lighter alternatives!:oops:

However the statement "He ain’t using archaic equipment any longer!!" isn't true. ALL my HFT rigs wear long out of production Weaver V16 (front-focusing) scopes, I don't own a side-wheel, I don't bracket, still use the American Airguns Trajectory Calculator exclusively, use the OLD-school "point-blank" aiming method (holding LOW between 15 and 40 yards), and my only bubble-levels are my eyes.🤪😵‍💫😵

:ROFLMAO:

Here's another viewpoint. $3000 would get you in the game with a great scope and a top of the line springer. Or a great scope and two top of the line springers. Or a great scope, a top of the line springer tuned to 12 fpe with a custom stock, a shooting jacket, a bum bag and a subscription to Masochists Monthly.
“Masochists Monthly” is a fine publication. Spring gun FT will appreciate the article “Alcoholism - It Ain‘t So Bad” in the last issue. Uj

With my ears burning for some strange reason(s):unsure:, I feel inextricably compelled to "contribute" to this thread again.

Now a year older than my first "contribution" to this thread, I (belatedly) realize I own a Sniper XR myself and LOVE IT! Of course mine has a WOOD stock. It also being .22, it's not for HFT. But it serves me well in 35 Foot-Pound Class (on power level 3) in my TEXtreme Bench-Rest Silhouette competitions. No doubt a .177 Sniper would be a great choice for HFT. Also, any time that VERBOTEN subject comes up ("If you could own only ONE"🖕), my Sniper easily makes the top THREE🖕.

As for my HFT rig(s), with my age (now 69) starting to catch up with me, the heavy heft of my well-decorated RAW TM1000 has become a liability on standing and kneeling lanes due to my Daniel Boone-ish, TRUE offhand form. Hence, I've obtained a lighter HFT alternative.

Correction- THREE lighter alternatives!:oops:

However the statement "He ain’t using archaic equipment any longer!!" isn't true. ALL my HFT rigs wear long out of production Weaver V16 (front-focusing) scopes, I don't own a side-wheel, I don't bracket, still use the American Airguns Trajectory Calculator exclusively, use the OLD-school "point-blank" aiming method (holding LOW between 15 and 40 yards), and my only bubble-levels are my eyes.🤪😵‍💫😵

:ROFLMAO:
You've gone soft and you know it!! Long passed the Crosman and cowboy Koreans.

I wouldn't brag on not using an anti-cant bubble, cause that's just a straight, well............Ron Robinson move. Kinda like kicking a cactus because it poked you!!! :eek::unsure:

Last edited:
"Kinda like kicking a cactus because it poked you!!!"

Oh, like NOBODY ELSE does that!🤤

However I'd bet good money I've done things in a cactus-patch that no-one else has. It involves bobcat love😻. Correction- bobcat lust🙀.

It leaves you... Correction- it leaves me looking and feeling like a badly road-rashed pin-cushion.🤕🤒 But worth every minute!🥴

Correction- Worth every SECOND!:unsure:

Don't you recall my answer every time you've asked, "What happened to your arms, Bud?".

• Haha
Reactions: zx10wall