Tuning Brocock Sniper HR Regulator Question

Gents,

Dealing with a new to me Sniper HR that is exhibiting some suspected regulator issues. I de-gassed and pulled the regulator for inspection and found the below. The bottom of this part, on which the little plastic disc sits on, has a nub sticking up. I thought that the surfaces on which the disc sat were supposed to be flat, and tool mark/scratch free. This looks to me like the tooling to face this part off wasn't on center. Or, it's designed that way, which seems peculiar given we're looking for a seal. But what do I know...

Does anybody know if this nub is supposed to be there?

Thanks,

Justin
20210103_153303.1609717420.jpg

The raised bit around the orifice is normal. It is a necessary feature to facilitate proper operation of the regulator. If it were removed, the regulator would creep like crazy. Being small like that creates a pressure concentration at the valve seat to help it seal promptly and positively.

The rough machining around it does not matter for its operation. It’s just cosmetic. It does however make me wonder if the ring around the orifice may be rough...you snapped a pretty good photo but I can’t tell from the shallow angle. If it’s rough, dress it with very fine wet/dry paper. That will help minimize wear of the valve seat.