• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Brocock Ranger

Hello, Let me start by saying I have enjoyed reading all the PCP post. I own a .22 Disco. I want to get a Brocock ranger.22 for the backyard and for some hunting out to 50 yards or so. I have not read a lot of real world reviews on the forum. I was wondering is it worth the price? It seems expensive. How pellet picky are they and what optics are other guys using? Also if there is anything else you think I need to know please feel free to add. Thanks in advance.

Hello, Let me start by saying I have enjoyed reading all the PCP post. I own a .22 Disco. I want to get a Brocock ranger.22 for the backyard and for some hunting out to 50 yards or so. I have not read a lot of real world reviews on the forum. I was wondering is it worth the price? It seems expensive. How pellet picky are they and what optics are other guys using? Also if there is anything else you think I need to know please feel free to add. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to AGN. If you’re interested in the Brocock Ranger check out posts by @L-Leon and @Rsfrid

Consider starting here https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/atomic-xr-initial-setup-and-sight-in/?referrer=1

Either the Ranger or Atomic would be good choices. If you plan to use the stock as provided and never take it off, get the Ranger. The Atomic can be set up as a pistol. I think with a moderator either will satisfy your needs. AEAC has a YouTube video on tuning the Atomic which should also apply to the Ranger. Jessica down in Miami does Iguana hunting with the Ranger - check out her videos — Iguana Solutions. And you can hand pump either one easily, so you won't need a compressor or scuba tank.

@Deerturkeyhunter, my Atomic has not been pellet picky and has been amazing me with the accuracy from inexpensive Crosman Premier Hollowpoints. I've put at least two tins of pellets through mine and have taken a few dozen pests with it. Chipmunk or sparrow size critters are in mortal danger from 5 to 60 yards. At the moment all my other PCPs are crying in the safe. I'm simply loving the form factor, but more importantly how capable it is in the pesting I do.

Reactions: Sonnyaaron20