• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Brocock Patagonia 22 tune

Hi Tony, I have the Brocock Sniper HR Magnum (a.k.a HP). I assume our guns are pretty much the same and have the LW Polygon barrel. I have found this gun to be quite accurate with JSB Monster Redesigned pellets at 895 fps. 

BUT...

This barrel is THE MOST PICKY barrel I have ever owned.

Accuracy goes down the tubes as soon as the barrel gets a little dirty. In good conditions and with a clean barrel, 1/2 inch 5-shot groups are possible at 50yards. I DO get the occasional flyer but for my purposes I shoot straight from the tin so I'm OK with this.

Oh, while I have tried lower reg settings, I still come back to factory of about 155 bar on the reg and having the hammer spring screwed in about 3.5 mm in from being flush with the back of the receiver.

This target was at 50 yards off a bipod prone...with lots of coffee on board ; ) Upper right was last target. 880 FPS

IMG_4480.1602263380.jpg

Was playing with it today over Chrono and stopped here for now...Looks like reg is set at 160 (At least the gauge says so)...Any further in on the hammer spring speeds go down so I backed it off 1/4 turn and came up with this shot string....Not too bad so Sunday I will see how it groups.....

Shot count: 10
Low: 895
Hi: 912
Avg: 904
Spread: 17
STD Dev: 4.5

mcoulter....Same barrel and yes it likes being clean....I got it used and the barrel was filthy....It took a long time to get clean patches through it...

Tony P.