• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Brocock or Daystate for contact?

I have been trying to email Brocock for about 10 days now. No response.

I wonder if I should contact Daystate instead?

I am just wanting to verify the date of manufacture on a rifle I recently purchased from the classifieds.
I am not sure it is as new as advertised,

Ideas?

Doc

Brocock air rifle serial numbers

Brocock does not keep a publicly accessible serial number database. If you have a specific question about your rifle, contact Brocock at https://brocock.co.uk/support

How to determine how old a Brocock air rifle is?
Contact Brocock at https://brocock.co.uk/support/ for more information.

Reactions: Doc C.
@Doc Craker When I had an issue and questions concerning my Brocock rifle it took 4-5 days to receive a response and between 3-4 weeks to resolve the issue with the folks at Brocock. Best advice I have for you is to be persistent and follow up if you don’t hear from anyone within a business week. Also keep in mind their business hours as they are located in the UK. I used the email address in the link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone02 and Doc C.
@Doc Craker Whatever happened with this situation? Were you able to obtain a date of manufacture?
hello.

Just got an email.

Interestingly enough it was from AOA sales department replying to an email I sent to Brocock.

They told me the airgun in question was manufactured in June of 2020.

Wish I could have gotten this BEFORE the purchase on the classifieds.
Gun was listed as " only had this a few months, less than a tin of pellets through it,"
Turns out it was actually 3 YEARS OLD.
Oh well, caveat emptor, right?

Thanks for checking in.

Doc

Reactions: rcdyna
hello.

Just got an email.

Interestingly enough it was from AOA sales department replying to an email I sent to Brocock.

They told me the airgun in question was manufactured in June of 2020.

Wish I could have gotten this BEFORE the purchase on the classifieds.
Gun was listed as " only had this a few months, less than a tin of pellets through it,"
Turns out it was actually 3 YEARS OLD.
Oh well, caveat emptor, right?

Thanks for checking in.

Doc
It’s possible and highly probable the seller bought it used and did just own it a few months. Sometimes you can look at a members previous postings and get a feel for how long he has had a particular gun if they are a regular poster. Another method to check the ballpark age of a bottle gun is look at the bottle manufacture date on bottle. But…regardless I wouldn’t worry too much about the gun’s age as long as it looks reasonably well cared for. Brocock’s are stout guns, I shoot my XR regularly in field target and it has seen a lot of pellets.

Reactions: L.Leon
I am not too worried about it. The gun is functioning well and we are enjoying it immensely.
If the seller misrepresented the age of the weapon, it is on him. My karma is fine.
There is nothing positive to be gained by complaining and dragging that person through the proverbial mud.
Just more negative comments on a negative thread that no one really needs anyway.
Cheers
Doc

I am not too worried about it. The gun is functioning well and we are enjoying it immensely.
If the seller misrepresented the age of the weapon, it is on him. My karma is fine.
There is nothing positive to be gained by complaining and dragging that person through the proverbial mud.
Just more negative comments on a negative thread that no one really needs anyway.
Cheers
Doc
I got to thinking more about your posts on this (uh oh). The gun was made during the worst period of COVID shutdowns and slowdowns. Several scenarios could explain what happened before you bought the gun:

- The gun sat in manufacturer’s or retailer’s inventory for a couple years before being sold to the first buyer.
- The first buyer lacked at-home safe range space to use the gun, and/or the “official” range he could have driven to closed (this happened to one range near my area).
- The buyer did not use the gun and lost interest in shooting it
- The buyer died, heir sold gun el cheapo, and the buyer before you bought it to flip if he didn’t like or need it.

The buyer before you might honestly have had the gun only a few months and really did just run one tin of pellets through it. So you are right that badmouthing him or her without knowing the full story is pointlessly negative.

Sounds like you (or your wife?) really like the gun, so that’s what counts.

P.S.
I bought a PB handgun more than 20 years before I first fired it. Long story that I won’t go into here, but yes—sometimes expensive new gear does indeed sit unused for a long time waiting!

Any one like to guess how many Emails either one of these company's get an hour ? special personal to answer Email eat profits . and price would go up .
Hi Beerthief (love the name!) sorry for the lateness of my reply to this thread. email to the company does total a couple of hundred a day, every day including weekends, which falls to really 5 people depending on a choice of speciality. That person has to then find time to answer mixed in with their normal work. the level of knowledge needed to reply to these special questions means hiring someone to answer all email is pointless as all they can do is pass the questions onto more experienced staff achieving another level of bureaucracy, though we recently hired Olivia who does help with routing questions and will answer something like a serial number question and is getting more experienced with the more normal questions (if there is such a thing).

So to go back to the OP's question. As the gun was sold to AofA - AofA needed to answer, as all Daystate/Brocock knew was the date it sold to them. Its clear from the late reply that they were very busy too! and to be fair AofA get even more email that we do.

BRK-Brocock serial numbers have been on the Daystate database since 2014, so a search on the daystate BRK database would have brought up the date to AofA . Prior to 2014 (and the purchase of Brocock by Daystate) we have the data but its in a chrono log data base which we have to manually search. In reality we don't get too many serial number requests for Brocock.

I will add to my to-do list the job of getting the online serial number finder to the Brocock website as soon as possible

Tony Belas