Brocock Ghost

What kinda shot count with the testing you have done

I did a full shot string this afternoon shooting the JSB 13.43 gr RD at 870 FPS - I got 90 shots from a fill (y) :)

D5BFC5D2-04B1-439E-B3D7-5FEB88E317F1.jpeg

Just watched the introduction video by AOA on the Ghost. Very nice airgun. I definitely would like to buy one. Icing on the cake that the warrant work is provided by AOA also. Should be easy enjoyable ownership.
I agree AOA is the best as far as taking care of there customers. Definitely a selling point.
thank Jim

Reactions: L.Leon
Very interested in a ghost in .25, is this barrel chocked or non-chocked? what make of barrel is it? read somewhere that they were polygonal barrels ? Current gun is a Taipan Vet in .25 with a 24in. poly LW barrel and I'm shooting 48gr slugs at 935fps so hoping this ghost will provide similar performance - can anyone comment
Member @Franklink, has posted in-depth about the Ghost. His review is a thorough, deep dive into the gun. Find his post.

here you go

Very interested in a ghost in .25, is this barrel chocked or non-chocked? what make of barrel is it? read somewhere that they were polygonal barrels ? Current gun is a Taipan Vet in .25 with a 24in. poly LW barrel and I'm shooting 48gr slugs at 935fps so hoping this ghost will provide similar performance - can anyone comment
Not sure it can do 93 FPE in .25 caliber. Your Vet must have a LOT of mods…. Could it do 93 FPE off the shelf?
Ok, I’ll answer that. No it couldn’t. Honestly I don’t think the Ghost can either.

Member @Franklink, has posted in-depth about the Ghost. His review is a thorough, deep dive into the gun. Find his post.

here you go

Much Thanks

Not sure it can do 93 FPE in .25 caliber. Your Vet must have a LOT of mods…. Could it do 93 FPE off the shelf?
Ok, I’ll answer that. No it couldn’t. Honestly I don’t think the Ghost can either.
Much Thanks! Yes, the Vet is a bit modified - I had it shooting 48's at 1040fps but changed a few things and haven't been able to get it back. Its a work in progress, more like an addiction. I don't mind modifying the ghost just need to know if it has the potential. My Vet is limited by airflow, the ghost has that big bottle so that put me to thinking. LLeon pointed me to some good information so checking that out.

Hello...does anyone know the twist rate for cal 22 hp? I’m trying to set up my strelokpro, i really appreciate .
Derrick Wall commented recently that AOA rep told him the barrels supplied in the Ghost HP in .22 cal have Lothar Walther's standard twist rate of 1:17.7.

The .22 Ghost barrel I have appears to be a slower twist rate than LW's standard, but this barrel was delivered to a Daystate ART team-member (not me) with what was essentially a prototype Ghost, so can't make any conclusions from what I've got in-hand.

I may have found the first somewhat troublesome issue with the Ghost. Mine arrived yesterday and I shot maybe 100 rounds through it, starting out with JSB 18.13s. The first shot chronied came in WAY HOT, over 1100 fps. I turned the power wheel down to minimum and in my mind it was still too hot. So I tossed in the 25.39 MRDs and even with the wheel at minimum those were clocking in @ 920fps. The reg was sitting at 150 bar which I believe I've read to be the norm.
This morning I decided to turn the reg down and followed the directions in the handbook. Removed the bottle and dry fired until the pressure was gone. Turn the reg adjusting screw in a round or 3 and screwed the bottle back on. The bottle began to dump out the barrel because the main valve was stuck open. I've had this happen before with an FX and cocking the gun would allow the bottle pressure to seat the valve. However, the Ghost would not cock. The lever would get maybe as far back as where the major tension typically would start and it would hit a hard stop. Rather than force it I tried adjusting the power wheel as well as pulling the trigger and the level back, and just about everything else that I could imagine. Needless to say, the bottle is empty now, the gun won't cock, and I've had to reach out to my vendor who has replicated the issue on his personal Ghost. Now we're both waiting for answers from BRK or whomever my vendor is calling. Maybe it won't require disassembly, but if it does, I'm okay with that.