• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Ghost

Yeah and imagine shooting with a solid barrel and getting beat by a straw barrel at RMAC and EBR. Wow must be embarrassing huh?
Odd, a solid barrel won at EBR - this year and last year, and the year before, and the year before that... But a "straw barrel" did come in 2nd at EBR this year (I think - not sure which version of his Crown Nicolay brought to EBR).

Reactions: RWC123
Odd, a solid barrel won at EBR - this year and last year, and the year before, and the year before that... But a "straw barrel" did come in 2nd at EBR this year (I think - not sure which version of his Crown Nicolay brought to EBR).
My point was how many solid barrels did the straw barrel beat this year? How many solid barrels are below 2nd place? I never said a straw barrel won first place at ebr this year.

My point was how many solid barrels did the straw barrel beat this year? How many solid barrels are below 2nd place?
Ahhh, I see... I'd say in the top ten more solid barrels than straw barrels. Its kinda pointless, since about half were solid and half straw, unlike RMAC where 80% are straw and only 20% are solid... Plus if I remember correctly, 2nd place started life as a straw, but ended up being a 5mm thick carbon fiber reinforced straw, so much closer to solid than straw...

Ahhh, I see... I'd say in the top ten more solid barrels than straw barrels. Its kinda pointless, since about half were solid and half straw, unlike RMAC where 80% are straw and only 20% are solid... Plus if I remember correctly, 2nd place started life as a straw, but ended up being a 5mm thick carbon fiber reinforced straw...
Who cares a straw is a straw, if it takes 30$ in CF it's a fart in the wind in the grand scheme. Many comps won with the straw barrel before people were using liners/CF against solid barrels.

If a solid barrel is always better they should almost always win. Right?

• Wow
Reactions: Centercut
Who cares a straw is a straw, if it takes 30$ in CF it's a fart in the wind in the grand scheme. Many comps won with the straw barrel before people were using liners/CF against solid barrels.
Yes, true dat... Many won by FX with solid barrels prior to the straw also. And many solid victories over the years. Both divisions of EFT were won with solid, 100Y 1st and 3rd with solid, 50Y 2nd and 3rd with solid... RMAC had more straw victories. I don't think it matters, since it boils down more to shooter skill reading the wind than what flavor barrel or gun you use...

Yes, true dat... Many won by FX with solid barrels prior to the straw also. And many solid victories over the years. Both divisions of EFT were won with solid, 100Y 1st and 3rd with solid, 50Y 2nd and 3rd with solid... RMAC had more straw victories. I don't think it matters, since it boils down more to shooter skill reading the wind than what flavor barrel or gun you use...
Great so why you jumping on the liners suck bandwagon?

Great so why you jumping on the liners suck bandwagon?
I didn't... did I? That wasn't my comment above, that was @TerryE1 I was just pointing out that you mentioned being embarrassed getting beat by a straw, and at EBR more solid than straw were in the top 3. But at RMAC the opposite. Easy day... Both are excellent barrels. I own a .25 Impact slugger and a .177 Dreamline FT gun.

I didn't... did I? That wasn't my comment above, that was @TerryE1 I was just pointing out that you mentioned being embarrassed getting beat by a straw, and at EBR more solid than straw were in the top 3. But at RMAC the opposite. Easy day... Both are excellent barrels. I own a .25 Impact slugger and a .177 Dreamline FT gun.
My bad you didn't exactly. Anyways back to the Ghost which is what this thread should be about, I think it's a promising gun. For some reason these new Daystate/Brocock release threads always seem to involve FX bashing. It irks me lol. How Luis feels about his Brocock is how I feel about my FX's

Reactions: L.Leon
My bad you didn't exactly. Anyways back to the Ghost which is what this thread should be about, I think it's a promising gun. For some reason these new Daystate/Brocock release threads always seem to involve FX bashing. It irks me lol. How Luis feels about his Brocock is how I feel about my FX's
Totally understood. I shoot what I feel gives me the best chance to win. Don't care if its Daystate, FX, RAW, whatever. If it puts me in the X more than my others that's what I'm shooting. This time my .25 Red Wolf HP was absolutely STUPID accurate, so that's what I shot. When I won in 2019 (Sportsman) I shot a .30 FX Bobcat Mk2. OK, lets not screw up the Brocock Ghost topic any more than we already have. :sneaky:

Trigger on the Ghost is neither of these, although more similar to the left than the right.
UC1zZVR.png

Ih79Hqt.jpg

While the internal sear mechanism may be different, that trigger shoe and post are the same. And from a cost of manufacturing standpoint, why wouldn't Brocock use the same two parts if they already had them designed and built.

These are my thoughts. Change the AK grip to AR compatible. There's a lot more options available for thumb up or full wrap around. The grip on the Ghost looks like an AK grip to me. Incorporate a bag rider or a longer M-LOK or picatinny rail at the bottom of the rear stock. It only looks like 2 open picatinny slots. Make a solid or bolt-on ARCA rail with no flex at the end with a bipod attached for PRS/NRL or bench rest. The extension shouldn't touch the barrel so as not to affect accuracy.

I'm not an artist or photoshop expert by any means but here's my rendition...

20221014_112310.jpg

Reactions: piffy and JohanG