• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Ghost

All,

The gun shoots really well and I'll post more pics and results this weekend. Will test with 44 and 50 grain JSB's. More to come. All parts completely interchangeable with the Delta Wolf too!!
Regards,

Steve

Ghost Pic 1.jpg

Other than projectile weight, there are three ways to tune for velocity: regulator pressure, hammer spring tension (power wheel), and adjustment of the hammer stroke/travel.

That harmonics word gets tossed around quite a bit. but I'm not sure it's a word that belongs in a discussion of the Ghost. The Ghost's barrel is supported throughout the length of the backbone/chassis. For example, on the configuration that I have, only a few inches of the 17inch barrel extends past the solid aluminum frame of the gun. Within that frame, in three different locations, are orings, centering the barrel inside the billet alum chassis. And two of those orings are small cross-section, so there's not much viton between the barrel and the frame. Furthermore, the mounting screw (or rather BOLT) is relatively large, with small tolerances. In short, the barrel starts out as a solid steel barrel (not thin walled liner) and is further supported by a rigid backbone, for much of its length. Harmonics always makes me think resonance (which a less worry-inducing word for vibrate), and there's just not much opportunity for anything to resonate in the Ghost with all that support.
That makes sense. I didn't see it anywhere in the manual addressing hammer stroke/travel. Plus, I thought the balanced valves didn't require as much HST adjustment

Honestly, I have contrasting vibes. Overall, it appears to be a good gun. But the shoot count is not great, and no info about the barrel (twist, choke, ID).
I'm not impressed by the AoA review. 50y is not enough for a .25. It is barely enough for an HP .177. One ragged hole at 50y is MANDATORY for a .25 23inch PCP well tuned.
I loved the easily adjustable reg. This is a win for sure, if it doesn't creep, of course. If.
I also noticed (but this can easily be a video misunderstanding) that the distance from the optic and eye is quite a lot. Also, I would love to know if I can change the HS. And also, if it fits a balanced valve (can explain the air hunger). Don't know.

Reactions: customcutter
Honestly, I have contrasting vibes. Overall, it appears to be a good gun. But the shoot count is not great, and no info about the barrel (twist, choke, ID).
I'm not impressed by the AoA review. 50y is not enough for a .25. It is barely enough for an HP .177. One ragged hole at 50y is MANDATORY for a .25 23inch PCP well tuned.
I loved the easily adjustable reg. This is a win for sure, if it doesn't creep, of course. If.
I also noticed (but this can easily be a video misunderstanding) that the distance from the optic and eye is quite a lot. Also, I would love to know if I can change the HS. And also, if it fits a balanced valve (can explain the air hunger). Don't know.
Can't shoot much better than what Jared did at 50 yards. I'm sure we'll find out about accuracy at 100 yards, but I shot next to the .30 Ghost in the current EBR 100Y finals (he was bench 31, I was bench 32), so it was accurate enough for that, which is pretty darn accurate if you ask me.

Also, Jared was shooting the .25 at about 70 FPE. So yeah, 30 shot count, but at or near maximum power. How many other manufacturers are that honest? Usually most show huge unreasonable shot count with the gun at or near the low end of the power band. Probably get considerably more shots at the typical 880 FPS for the King Heavy - my guess would be between 50 and 60...

I guess the abbreviation "BRK", which is part of the logo now, is to get away from the name BroCOCK which I'm only assuming

Oh come on, I can't wait to tell everyone how much I love the feel of my new BroCOCK... It feels SOOOOOO GOOOD!!

You know you want some BroCOCK time... Come over and we can play with my BroCOCK in back... Just watch out, it's sensitive and goes off really easy when you put your finger in...

I hear it's very accurate too, the BroCOCK puts it in the same hole over and over again until you're just done and bored with it...

(The residual teenager in me could just keeping doing this until I get banned... LOL...)

I can address a couple of your concerns,..

The scope is on a rail, just like the Delta/Alpha and can be slid forward or back depending on personal preference and scope eyebox requirements.

The HUMA regulator on the .177 I've been shooting for a month has not shown any indications of creeping, either on reg gauge or over the chrono. I'm up to 3 different times now where it's sat for days and I've shot the first shot over a chrono and had it come back right where it should be (ie not low). Shooting "cold" shots over the chrono is a personal practice until I gain confidence in a guns regulator and so far, so good.

Reactions: SupremaRatio
I can address a couple of your concerns,..

The scope is on a rail, just like the Delta/Alpha and can be slid forward or back depending on personal preference and scope eyebox requirements.

The HUMA regulator on the .177 I've been shooting for a month has not shown any indications of creeping, either on reg gauge or over the chrono. I'm up to 3 different times now where it's sat for days and I've shot the first shot over a chrono and had it come back right where it should be (ie not low). Shooting "cold" shots over the chrono is a personal practice until I gain confidence in a guns regulator and so far, so good.
Good to know, and thanks for your answer. As always, the only way I have to confirm or erase my doubts is to handle it for a couple of week.

Can't shoot much better than what Jared did at 50 yards. I'm sure we'll find out about accuracy at 100 yards, but I shot next to the .30 Ghost in the current EBR 100Y finals (he was bench 31, I was bench 32), so it was accurate enough for that, which is pretty darn accurate if you ask me.

Also, Jared was shooting the .25 at about 70 FPE. So yeah, 30 shot count, but at or near maximum power. How many other manufacturers are that honest? Usually most show huge unreasonable shot count with the gun at or near the low end of the power band. Probably get considerably more shots at the typical 880 FPS for the King Heavy - my guess would be between 50 and 60...
I really hope that it is as good as it looks and as you say. Cause I like it.

Reactions: Centercut

Centercut,

The Ghost near by you was shooting pellets or slugs, do you know?

Would really love to know how it will perform with slug. Apparently, there is enough power to play with. But power, without the right barrel, is nothing.
Realistically, I don't expect for the barrel on this .177 to be a heavy-for-caliber slug shooter. It is choked, and while it's not as tight as some LW choked barrels, it's got a distinct choke in it. It also has an 80% of caliber single hole transfer port. For the heavy NSA 15s (and definitely for the 20s), it'd probably need a bigger (and probably bridged) transfer port, as well as another couple inches of length to really get em moving.

However, I won't be surprised if this 17 inch .177 carbine does pretty well with the 12.5grain NSA slugs. I'll get around to testing them at some point.

They said that when the Jsar Raptor came out too. 😁
Well.....I can offer some thoughts there, as I was an early JSAR Raptor adopter and owned one for about 18 months.

The Raptor isn't that bad of a gun. Most that talked (or still do) crap about it never shot nor saw one. BUT, the Ghost is miles ahead of the Raptor, both in design and build quality (one example: HUMA vs Ninja?!?!), but ESPECIALLY in support. That was the Raptor's big downfall, poor support. The Ghost on the other hand, has the dealer network and got-your-back ness of one of the oldest, biggest and most well-respected airgun manufacturers.