Brocock Concept XR 1 year review

So it's been a little over 1 year since I purchased my Brocock Concept XR in .22 from Mudilar Air in Portugal (Great company).
And here is my experience thoughts after shooting it and hunting with it over the last year.
xIki62R.jpg

Out of the box it was ready to go. I added a 3-12X Vector scope and Zero'd it. I was amazed at the accuracy out of the box. It shot just about everything well, including the Benjamin 14.3 grs that I was buying for $6 a tin of 500
aCwXt5K.jpg

I was able to catch the last week of Squirrel season and it was a pleasure to carry vs. the Big, long, heavy Cayden which I had purchased the year before.

I was able to tweak it to my liking over the summer last year
I added my sling set up, and the SOPMOD stock I like.

Brocock made some changed to the Concept to include a longer cocking handle and a different target trigger. So, the good folks at AoA hooked me up with both of those parts.
My XR also used the old-style Magazine, which to be honest, I liked and saw no reason to switch to the newer style with the plate that swings open. I scooped up a total of 5 magazines so that's a day of hunting. 50 rds.

As I had a 74 CF tank, but the two scuba shops would only fill to about 3500psi, I never got a full 250 bar charge on the gun, but still got about 60 shots off the 150-cc air tank on the gun.

The trigger was a little heavy initially, but after some tweaking, it is now excellent and too my liking. I was not a fan of the safety inside the trigger guard, but it has not been a problem and I have become accustomed to it. I did polish the barrel a few months into the gun, and did not really see an improvement other than for cleaning as the gun stacks them in one hole at 30 yds. The addition of the newer target sytle trigger was a great addition.
E2i2zML.jpg

V4fZQvK.jpg

9YLB0fN.jpg

The folding stock is great as I was able to find a cheap Instrument case on Amazon, that fits the gun with the stock folded perfectly. The Veryon scope turned out to be a great choice for this gun. its small, light and compact, with decent glass, holds a very good zero, has locking turrets and has a reticle I really like.

When Squirrel season started up in Sept 22 I was ready to go.
wRm7uIS.jpg

This air gun was everything I was looking for. When I added 0Db suppressor, this gun was so quiet, that if I missed a shot on a squirrel, all they heard was the pellet hitting the tree and would often freeze and gave me a second chance. This gun got a good work out during the season.

Was out all winter in cold down into the single digits and never once had an issue. I was able to navigate in all conditions with my hiking pole and pack and with the gun slung on me, I was able to get in shots rapidly when I had targets of opportunity.
TbyWLwz.jpg

LqZ3CXi.jpg

This gun has held its pressure and never once had any leak of any kind. The cocking action is smooth, and I love the design.
The pressure gauge is at the end of the tank, which I know is not the preferred spot, but honestly, it's not a deal breaker and I've not had any issues with "You''ll Shoot you eye out" reading it.

If I had one negative on the gun, it's Daystate/Brococks choice of going with an AK patter for the pistol grip vs. the AR. The amount of AR choices of grip is much more prevalent than that of the AK style. You would think after the Brits helped us win the cold war over the commies, they would have chosen the AR grip, but then again then did stick with that god-awful SA80 bull pub abortion for too many years:unsure:. I've tried several Ak grips and settled on the Magpul rubberized Ak grip.

Having an adjustable transfer port is also a great design feature, as once the hunting season is over, I can now turn down the power and shoot 10meter standing in the basement all winter. And with the 0Db. no one upstairs even hears it.

So in Summary, this gun was a great choice for what I wanted in an Air gun. The folks at Brocock really make a great air gun and you truly do get what you pay for. it has been run thru every scenario I want to use an air gun for and came out with flying colors. I put a lot of time in to researching my second PCP and this gun did not disappoint.

I would whole heartily endorse this gun all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

(y)Great writeup Harv24;I have the same one in .25, my stock extends, but does not fold, don't mind that at all.
I bought some mags from CARM, the fact is I always buy spare mags from that companyA+.
I shoot left-handed so have to use high-scope mounts to be able to clear for "the reach" when cocking.
I think the Brocock is a great hunting machine, the adjustability of it is user-friendly.

Reactions: L.Leon
@Harv24, excellent write up on your experiences, one year in. The Concept XR is an awesome gun, which begat the Atomic and Ranger XRs. Which are but proportionally smaller Concept XRs. The family resemblance, but better yet, performance? Is undeniable. I feel as you do about mine. In fact just came in from shooting my Atomic in the yard. Love the solidness of the design.

This is an awesome and thorough review of the Brocock Concept XR Harv24. I love the transition of your Concept over the last year. You've basically made it your own version. I feel the same way about the rifle and I have no regrets purchasing it 2 months ago. It is my first PCP acquisition and despite the hefty price ; it was well worth it. It's functioned flawlessly and the folks at Brocock have been very kind and helpful as well. Like you stated, this gun absolutely does it all. Very versatile and a total joy to shoot. The Walther barrel isn't too pellet fussy as well; although it hates the H&N Excite Hammers. Everything else I've shot through it is accurate. Mine loves the JSB Hades and Jumble Heavy the most. Basically pellet on pellet at 25 yards; bone stock out of the box. I noticed there's an o-ring by the breech. Do you lube it with silicone oil or leave it the way it is?

I stuck with the factory mags and never got the Carn mags. Mine our the old design not the newer flip cover. I have five total which is plenty for a day in the field hunting.

Just went two weeks ago. T
kXhHBCS.jpg

My Brocock is still performing great and has been super reliable. Only issue I had was one of the two Allen cap screws that hold the folding stock mechanism in place was loose after I felt a wobble in the stock. It stripped when I tightened it, so I re threaded it to the next larger size and replaced it. I had to round up the head a bit so it fit flush.

No leaks, been out on 4F degree days and no issues.

Thank you for the update. Mine won’t have to worry about being below 60 degrees haha.
Are you able to tell me the length of the dovetail from the magazine to the rear? I need to find a dovetail to pic adapter so I can mount my Pard NV008
Am looking forward to your impressions in use and through pesting... I suspect that Notos is destined for the classifieds. I resisted and purchased two lesser PCPs, before the BRKs stepped in and stopped the nonsense. A fan, through performance, for life.

So it's been a little over 1 year since I purchased my Brocock Concept XR in .22 from Mudilar Air in Portugal (Great company).
And here is my experience thoughts after shooting it and hunting with it over the last year.
xIki62R.jpg

Out of the box it was ready to go. I added a 3-12X Vector scope and Zero'd it. I was amazed at the accuracy out of the box. It shot just about everything well, including the Benjamin 14.3 grs that I was buying for $6 a tin of 500
aCwXt5K.jpg

I was able to catch the last week of Squirrel season and it was a pleasure to carry vs. the Big, long, heavy Cayden which I had purchased the year before.

I was able to tweak it to my liking over the summer last year
I added my sling set up, and the SOPMOD stock I like.

Brocock made some changed to the Concept to include a longer cocking handle and a different target trigger. So, the good folks at AoA hooked me up with both of those parts.
My XR also used the old-style Magazine, which to be honest, I liked and saw no reason to switch to the newer style with the plate that swings open. I scooped up a total of 5 magazines so that's a day of hunting. 50 rds.

As I had a 74 CF tank, but the two scuba shops would only fill to about 3500psi, I never got a full 250 bar charge on the gun, but still got about 60 shots off the 150-cc air tank on the gun.

The trigger was a little heavy initially, but after some tweaking, it is now excellent and too my liking. I was not a fan of the safety inside the trigger guard, but it has not been a problem and I have become accustomed to it. I did polish the barrel a few months into the gun, and did not really see an improvement other than for cleaning as the gun stacks them in one hole at 30 yds. The addition of the newer target sytle trigger was a great addition.
E2i2zML.jpg

V4fZQvK.jpg

9YLB0fN.jpg

The folding stock is great as I was able to find a cheap Instrument case on Amazon, that fits the gun with the stock folded perfectly. The Veryon scope turned out to be a great choice for this gun. its small, light and compact, with decent glass, holds a very good zero, has locking turrets and has a reticle I really like.

When Squirrel season started up in Sept 22 I was ready to go.
wRm7uIS.jpg

This air gun was everything I was looking for. When I added 0Db suppressor, this gun was so quiet, that if I missed a shot on a squirrel, all they heard was the pellet hitting the tree and would often freeze and gave me a second chance. This gun got a good work out during the season.

Was out all winter in cold down into the single digits and never once had an issue. I was able to navigate in all conditions with my hiking pole and pack and with the gun slung on me, I was able to get in shots rapidly when I had targets of opportunity.
TbyWLwz.jpg

LqZ3CXi.jpg

This gun has held its pressure and never once had any leak of any kind. The cocking action is smooth, and I love the design.
The pressure gauge is at the end of the tank, which I know is not the preferred spot, but honestly, it's not a deal breaker and I've not had any issues with "You''ll Shoot you eye out" reading it.

If I had one negative on the gun, it's Daystate/Brococks choice of going with an AK patter for the pistol grip vs. the AR. The amount of AR choices of grip is much more prevalent than that of the AK style. You would think after the Brits helped us win the cold war over the commies, they would have chosen the AR grip, but then again then did stick with that god-awful SA80 bull pub abortion for too many years:unsure:. I've tried several Ak grips and settled on the Magpul rubberized Ak grip.

Having an adjustable transfer port is also a great design feature, as once the hunting season is over, I can now turn down the power and shoot 10meter standing in the basement all winter. And with the 0Db. no one upstairs even hears it.

So in Summary, this gun was a great choice for what I wanted in an Air gun. The folks at Brocock really make a great air gun and you truly do get what you pay for. it has been run thru every scenario I want to use an air gun for and came out with flying colors. I put a lot of time in to researching my second PCP and this gun did not disappoint.

I would whole heartily endorse this gun all day, every day and twice on Sunday.
I really like the Brocock product line