• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Concept Lite XR .22 Vs FX Dreamline Tac????

Hello 

I have two fx streamlines, .22 and .25 and for sometime and been considering a new Dreamline Tac. However the Brocock Concept Lite XR has shown up on the radar. Some very good reviews that are not FX fanboys! Looks like the Brits are finally waking up after FX shook up the market. About the only thing I notice different is the Brocock doesn't have the power plenum. However the Brocock looks like a similar spec'd and finish to the DL. I also learned that Brocock is owned by Daystate, but doesn't have the Daystate electronics just mechanical innards.

Anyone have the Brocock Concept XR? Any how is it performing?

Take care

K

Did someone mention radar? lol

I have the FX DreamPup and I like it overall.

Just watched a "review" of the Brocock and it seems to shoot as well at 50 yards as the FX Dream series.

It was unclear if the hammer spring can be adjusted easily or what type of de-bounce setup it uses.

By looks alone, I say FX wins.

Not much help I realize.

BTW: Why did they choose the name "Brocock"? It just gives the powder burning only snobs more ammunition, pun intended, to ridicule the owner.

Just my two cents.

Will

ive been do the same dance as you ,,going back and forth ,so far FX is in the front knowing with a adapter and skinny shroud i can add a bottle or change calibers, the bad is both PA AND A D have pushed back the deliver date by another month or more the 22 cal was due saturday,now it"s 9 27 21 due date ,,,i really like the compactness of the new BROCOCK RANGER ,PAT

I'm not usually one to jump on the dogpile.. but IMHO.. Dreamtac all the way. Every AR style Stock and Grip on the planet fits this gun. You can CHOOSE how you want it to layout. I have every available barrel option for this gun (and one custom 380mm .22 barrel) and it shoots lights out. Some might say there are too many options for this gun, I disagree. Lets say you buy a DreamTac.. 6 months go by and you you want something a little different. Fine, remove the stock and AR attachments and drop the gun in a synthetic or wood traditional style stock with an air cylinder and game on again.. until you get bored. Fine, grab yourself a CZ Field Target Chassis (bottle or cylinder) and game on again. Point is, you can never get bored with this gun because it's a freaking Transformer! Performance is better than the Brocock, it's tunable for changes in pellets or slugs. It's the Swiss Army Knife of PCP Airguns. Oh.. and did I mention it's a stellar, proven no fuss shooter.. Buy a gently used one.. there are always deals listed in the classifieds. With the Brocock..you get the Brocock and it's always stuck being a Brocock.. Off my soap box now.. gonna go shoot my DreamTac.

Tom H. - Sacramento

If you like to "dress up" your gun and endlessly tinker? Get the FX. If you want a no nonsense PCP that is awesome right out the box? Brocock. I've owned my Bantam Sniper HR 3 years now. Shoot it almost daily, it's been an accurate, reliable PCP over thousands of pellets from day one. Zero issues. To me the FX guns are gimmicky, if I want to change up barrels, calibers, bottles, I'll just buy another whole gun.

If you like to "dress up" your gun and endlessly tinker? Get the FX. If you want a no nonsense PCP that is awesome right out the box? Brocock. I've owned my Bantam Sniper HR 3 years now. Shoot it almost daily, it's been an accurate, reliable PCP over thousands of pellets from day one. Zero issues. To me the FX guns are gimmicky, if I want to change up barrels, calibers, bottles, I'll just buy another whole gun.

Just because you can tinker and adjust with FX guns doesn't mean you have to. I don't see why adjustability is treated as a negative again and again.

It's what you want it to be, I bet the FX equivalent would hold its own out of the box with the brocock, and be more versatile. But that's a bad thing apparently and gimmicky. LOL

To me this Brocock gun is over priced and underpowered with a piddly shot count, so I guess we all have opinions.

^Edit I was thinking about the atomic for power output but the rest holds true IMO

Some guys just like to get a gun, scope it, find the best pellet and shoot it, I totally respect and get that. But many of us enjoy the tweaking and playing with ours. I enjoy s hooting from my bench with the FX chrono attached changing the reg pressure and adjusting the hammer spring in order to get the perfect tune. FX makes it so simple to do this. I have bought a 25 cal 600 mm barrel kit for my Dreamline Lite Compact and a 22 cal 600mm barrel, it is so easy to change these out. I try slugs, heavy pellets and whatever I want, it is just something I enjoy doing. A 25 cal barrel change kit cost $300, you cannot buy a 25 cal air rifle for that amount that is even close to approaching the Dreamline. Lots of shots, great trigger and yes I am more accurate with it than with my Bantam. Brocock is really quality stuff, but it Concept Lite does have a low shot count for my liking.

Glen, I didn’t say that all the FX adjustability is a negative just gimmicky. I agree that the Brococks have been creeping up in price. This makes them less attractive. As for shot count? I get at least 100 full power 30 ft. lb. shots from my Bantam HR. The Concept is more of a hunting gun hence, the svelte design and lower shot count.

Just because you can tinker and adjust with FX guns doesn't mean you have to. I don't see why adjustability is treated as a negative again and again.

It's what you want it to be, I bet the FX equivalent would hold its own out of the box with the brocock, and be more versatile. But that's a bad thing apparently and gimmicky. LOL

To me this Brocock gun is over priced and underpowered with a piddly shot count, so I guess we all have opinions.

^Edit I was thinking about the atomic for power output but the rest holds true IMO

This comes up time and time again b/c of the marketing, both official and unofficial. FX guns are sold on the premise that their modularity is a pro, both in the official/directed corporate marketing and in the continued indirect marketing done through owners (just go up a few comments in this very discussion and you'll see what I'm referring to). I've been down the path of trying to make one gun fill multiple roles and (for most guns) it is simply an idea that looks better on paper than works out well in reality (there are a few guns that are exceptions, but generally, rezeroing, swapping barrels and tanks/tubes, adjusting regulators is a pain in the &$$). 

As for the piddly shot count of the Concept Lite.......

2021-08-26_07h33_45.1629988884.jpg

That's for a .177, but the fpe/cuin efficiency comes out around 1.04, and that was completely bone stock. 

I was impressed with how many shots that little tube gets. 

Glen, I didn’t say that all the FX adjustability is a negative just gimmicky. I agree that the Brococks have been creeping up in price. This makes them less attractive. As for shot count? I get at least 100 full power 30 ft. lb. shots from my Bantam HR. The Concept is more of a hunting gun hence, the svelte design and lower shot count.

I know you didn't say the word negative, but I said gets treated like a negative. Both guns are tuned from the factory and shoot "out of the box" no tinkering required is my point. Having the ability to change things externally is a bonus not a necessity. You aren't paying more for that ability, it's priced in the same range as others in its class.

"If you like to "dress up" your gun and endlessly tinker? Get the FX. If you want a no nonsense PCP that is awesome right out the box? Brocock."

^^ Treating easy adjustability and modularity as a negative.

"To me the FX guns are gimmicky"

I know you've had a great time with your gun Luis, I've seen the targets and the kills lol. Not crapping on Brocock at all.

*Full disclosure I was picturing the Atomic xr not the concept lite, which does look like a cool gun with a decent shot count.

It is ridiculously easy to change barrels on my Dreamline, 2 set screws to loosen, slid old out new in tighten 2 set screws done, no scope removal nothing else, to change calibers add 1 set screw for prob change under 60 seconds easily. Tanks simple unscrew with full pressure and stay pressurized, dont know how this is a pain considering the versatility it brings (if you like that feature of course) they may not be for you, but no reason to mislead regarding the ease at which it can be done.

It is ridiculously easy to change barrels on my Dreamline, 2 set screws to loosen, slid old out new in tighten 2 set screws done, no scope removal nothing else, to change calibers add 1 set screw for prob change under 60 seconds easily. Tanks simple unscrew with full pressure and stay pressurized, dont know how this is a pain considering the versatility it brings (if you like that feature of course) they may not be for you, but no reason to mislead regarding the ease at which it can be done.

The physical changing of the configuration is not the pain in the ass part, it's the getting the gun back to it's optimal, TRUSTABLE impact points that is the troublesome part. It seems that many like to tinker rather than shoot though. 

In a luxury hobby like PCP airguns, all of our reasonings for purchasing x over y are really just justifications, to ourselves or others (spouses, friends, etc). In those justifications we place "value" on different things, being different individuals. Really high on my list of priorities is a gun that can be trusted to put the pellets where I want them, which is a amalgamation of consistent fps, projectile the barrel likes, good scopes, and familiarity with all of the above and current settings (other stuff too, but those are the first that come to mind). 

My time to shoot is limited. My employment is rather stressful. When I get time to enjoy my shooting hobby, I don't want to be frustrated chasing my tail with the gun and it's settings. Lots of barrels, calibers, tanks, etc ("modular" if you will) turns my limited shooting time into tinkering time. BUT, others enjoy the tinkering.

That concept behind the colloquialism that goes something like, "beware the man with one gun" fits into this discussion somewhere. (Yeah, I got more than one :))

Priorities.

Not trying to stir the pot but here is my question.

FX makes it very easy to adjust the hammer strike force and reg pressure. You don't have to field strip the gun to do it.

Is this typical amongst higher end air guns?

I may in the future go down caliber change road, but for now I just want to experiment with the two mentioned adjustments to learn how they interact and how to achieve perfect harmony.

Will 

Appreciate all the comments. Thank you.

I feel Brocock was wise having Huma design the reg and it appears Huma had input on the internal design. Brocock also reports improving tolerances and finish with the XR line to compete with tier one AGs.

For me, i generally don't like to change the reg once it is set. Adjust the hammer spring and power port. It will be interesting to see/hear have the Brocock CL XR performs over the coming months.