• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Concept Lite @ 90 yards / 3" plate

I'm still working through performance/accuracy issues with my Concept Lite but I haven't given up on it yet. AOA sending me a new barrel to try out. Meanwhile, I got a little video while I was doing some testing at 90 yards.

Specs: Concept Lite 177 cal, JSB Monster Redesigned 13.43gr. at 880fps, DonnieFL suppressor, factory reg/hammer settings.

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txp4gVdzs7o

Here's a pic of the plate. Note 9 hits. First shot missed due to incorrect wind call. Note in the video the pages of the target pack blown around due to wind gusts. Group is about 2.5-3 MOA. Not great, but at the limit of what the rifle is capable of at the moment. I'm hoping to get it down under MOA at 100 yards. I might be expecting too much out of a .177 but I think it's doable. Updates to come.

1587513971_13538385735e9f8a73b4cf39.73880799.jpg

That’s some good shooting at 90 yards. Sub MOA at 100 yards? Maybe under ideal conditions, but sub MOA consistently? I doubt it can be done, but would welcome being proved wrong. Enjoyed the video.

While I might not be starting with the ideal platform (after getting my Concept Lite and using it for a bit I'm realizing that I should have bought an XR or similar) it's an interesting technical challenge to solve the accuracy issues and make it perform at 100 yards. I think it can be done and I'm adding a personal handicap in that I think it can be done without resorting to slugs. I just ordered up some much heavier pellets and I'm swapping optics to a 5-25x just to maximize my consistency at range. It'll be an interesting engineering problem to say the least.

That's some really decent shooting at 90 yards do you have a bubble level? YO!

Yes I have bubble levels but I wasn't using one then. I usually don't employ them on anything inside 200 yards. I know air rifles have much more trajectory than firearms but I regularly shoot my .22lrs to 400 yards with no level. I'll start paying attention to it when i get out to 800 yards or so with my centerfire rifles.