• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BROCOCK BATAM

HI I JUST RECEIVED MY NEW BATAM. I took it out of the box and noticed the barrel shroud and bottle are touching .

im brand new to air gunning . but my opinion is it should be free floated. I cant even put a piece of paper between bottle and stock.

or bottle and barrel. I read a lot of reviews on the gun before I made my decision. I"m really disappointed so far. looking for opinion on what to do

thanks

Well where did you get the gun from? if its just a drive down the road I would take it back. If you have to pack it up and return it I would take a look at it first. Remove the shroud and ensure that the barrel is seated correctly. Brocock has many helpful videos on YouTube on how to remove the barrel for cleaning. If the barrel is seated but shroud is still misaligned check if any O rings and baffles might be missing. If you still can't get it properly aligned then i would return it.

well I have taken the stock off and the bottle was pushed into barrel shroud so the problem is with the stock putting pressure on the bottle

thanks for your input

Were you able to figure out what was causing it to get pushed up? I wouldn't want any contact between the shroud at the barrel, because this may cause inconsistencies every time you reinstall the stock. I would also be concerned about wear and tear between hard metal and carbon fiber.

yes the radius in the bottle is hitting the stock and pushing up on the bottle.

I could fix it with a dermal but the warranty is my concern.

thanks

Taking a Dremel to thin out a pressure vessel is an incredibly stupid idea...

Please don't do that - unless you don't value your face.

Im going to guess he was probably talking about shaving the stock