Brocock Bantam Sniper HR/XR Owners

Gents,

There is all kinds of info on the forums here about tuning the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR/XR up for peak performance. But has anybody tuned one down...say to about the 12-15 foot pound range? If so, how did it work out?

I have read where the factory regulator doesn't perform well set at lower pressures, but beyond that, not much detail was given (Huma does make a "medium power" regulator for the Bantam...70-155 BAR...I wonder if that would help).

My thought is if the Bantam can be tuned at its lowest power setting to the 12-15 pound range for rats and general purpose plinking, but with a twist up on the power knob, get another couple hundred fps for the occasional racoon or possum, it maybe just what I'm looking for.

Thank you for your replies.

Justin

From what I recall on the older platform, the adjuster doesn’t increase/decrease power by much. I recall the settings delivering a lot less variance in ft lbs than competitor’s products. So if you have an older model, what you are trying to achieve may not be worthwhile.

This said, the newer models may have more variation between the different power settings, I don’t know.