Brocock Bantam Sniper HR Shot Count

Got my Bantam dialed in to my liking, gun loves Cheap Crosman Premier 14.3 gr pellets and Gun is set right around 900 FPS.As much as I wanted gun to shoot the heavier JSB 16&18 I was getting too many flyers with the JSB’s. I honestly thought it was the gun until I tried the Premiers. Yesterday after work I charged gun to the recommended 240 bar fill pressure. Loaded up some magazines, set up my Crony and started shooting.For the first 110 shots velocity stayed just above 900 FPS, after that velocity stayed between 890-898 FPS before falling off the regulator at an impressive 140 shots. I did not shoot every single shot across Crony, only a couple from each magazine. I know power is only around 26 foot pounds at this setting but gun is really accurate and efficient at this setting.

Bantam HR is a very nice gun at a good price point, my only major gripe is you have to make sure to fully pull back the bolt or magazine will not advance, gun will cock and fire but with no pellet in barrel. Just make sure you fully cycle bolt and everything will be ok. Brocock should have went side lever with the Bantam HR.

Brococks are nice guns! If it had a side lever I may have bought another one. My Brocock .25 did require a strong rearward pulll on the bolt to cock the hammer and cycle the mag. I was motivated to go side lever after that.

I think FX, with all of their side levers, are steering the industry in that positive direction. Glad to see Daystate using side levers on a coupe of models and I hope they do more of it.

Bzizzi - I am interested in the Bantam Sniper HR in .22 as well as the FX Wildcat. I am impressed with your shot count and I like that the Bantam has a Human regulator and you can adjust the power. I am a little leery of the Wildcat because of the reported problems with the FX regulators. I will likely be using it for plinking, target shooting, and pesting house sparrows on my purple martin houses. I have a couple of questions:

How much does dialing the power down change the fps/ft-lbs on the rifle? The reason I ask is that I may want to occasionally shoot lighter, lead free pellets and it may be helpful to dial the power down to shoot them accurately. My house backs up to a shallow part of a river that waterfowl inhabit and I don't want to add anymore lead to the river than it already has.

Have you tried shooting any lead free pellets (Predator GTOs, for example)? If you have used them, I am curious how they might have performed for you. 

Thanks.

Just to let you know the only pellets I have shot through the Bantam HR .22 are the following. JSB Exacts in 18.1-15.9-14.3 Crosman Premier in 14.3 gr and H&N FTT in 14.66gr. The Bantam is easily adjustable the regulator is adjustable through a access hole in bottom of stock, the hammer tension is adjustable by removing screw in pistol grip and slightly tilting action up in rear to expose adjustment screw slot. The lowest I set regulator so far is 120 bar, at this setting with hammer tension screw backed all the way out velocity with CP’s was about 890 FPS. At lower power settings I have found the gun easier to cock and shoot accurately.I was curious what would happen If I lowered regulator pressure say down to 100 bar. The nice part about the Bantam is the adjustability over the Wildcat, that and a 480cc bottle will give you a huge shot count. So to answer your question about lead free pellets you could pretty much adjust the HR to shoot those as well.