Brocock Bantam Sniper HR - Information thread

So a note on pellets. I had originally decided to go with the JSB 18.13 like everyone suggested. I also decided to give the Hatsan H&N Sniper Magnum Pellets 17.90 a try since they were similar weight, and wouldn't reguire much scope adjustment. So while weighting and sizing pellets I noticed the JSB's were very very inconsistent. Having a difference in weight of 0.60 grains. The sizes also seemed to be eratic. Don't get me wrong they weren't terrible, I was getting nickle sized groups at 20 yards with the sorted pellets. I was pretty much set with the JSB's but I thought since I have the H&N I'll do 2 five shot groups of sorted pellets. So while sorting I noticed they weights were MUCH more consisted with 60 percent of pellets only having a 0.10 grain difference, and a max spread of 0.30 grains. This peaked my interest. While sizing them I also noticed fewer defects in skirt and they were very consistent in size. So walked out to backyard and started testing. First shot was a little high, second shot disappeared. At first I was annoyed and thought I pulled it or had a flyer, but I realized no it just entered they same exact hole. Long story short I was pretty much getting 1 ragged hole at 20 yards in BOTH 5 shot groups. So while going from nickle to 1 ragged hole isn't a huge deal, but we are all aiming to get the best out of our rifles right? I also noticed the magazine does not like the traditional diablo shape. They rattle around and will fall out if placed in pocket. The H&N fits nicely in magazine. So gents try feeding your sniper some H&N and let me know your results. 

Rico... my Sniper isn't terribly happy with H&N 21.14 gr Baracuda Match. But, on your recommendation I will try the H&N Sniper Magnum 17.9. Who knows... may be even better in mine than the JSB 18.13?

Can you try them at 35 yards? The longer distance is more of a challenge for pellets.

Rico... my Sniper isn't terribly happy with H&N 21.14 gr Baracuda Match. But, on your recommendation I will try the H&N Sniper Magnum 17.9. Who knows... may be even better in mine than the JSB 18.13?

Can you try them at 35 yards? The longer distance is more of a challenge for pellets.

Dhart they are very similar in weight to the 18.13 so it would be fairly simple. If your rifle does end up liking them it would be really easy to rezero your rifle. I'm trying to work out a way to shoot 30 yards but need to build new target backstop (issue with being in residential neighborhood). 

Hi, I've had my 0.25 Brocock for about a month. I don't see much information on this caliber so I thought I'd share my experience thus far. My gun came from AoA with the reg pressure set at 130 bar, and at their recommendation I'm currently trying JSB Exact Kings 25.39gn. My range is set up at 25 yards and I'm getting good groups with an occasional flier. I've only charged to 200 bar so far and get about 50-60 useful shots before the tanks drops below the reg pressure. I'll be going to the full 240 bar this weekend and see the number of shots I get. I've shot about 500 rounds and the bolt seems to have smoothed out some, but it still a little hard to cock at the end.

I haven't chrono'ed it yet, since my chrony is set up in basement and when I tried the Brocock at 10 meters, it almost went through the ballistic clay. I've set my power level to "5" and will be checking out the difference in power levels once I get the crony outside. I'm pleased with the gun, but NOT with the ammo. After sorting a tin, there were quite a few lights and heavies for my taste. This weekend I'll give it a go with a sorted tin and see what kind of grouping I get. At 25 yards I'm thinking it is more user error instead of pellet weight, but we'll see. I've also ordered the 0.25 assortment pack from Straight Shooters and will be trying out different brands when it gets here.

Only one problem so far. I blew a breach seal, however AoA was kind enough to send me a few replacements. Boy those things are a b*tch to get in. Don't shoot the Brocock without the bolt fully closed! 

I've been hand pumping my PCP's for a number of years, but last month I went all out and I also picked up the Daystate 110V air compressor and a CF fill tank. Only one thing to say... Haven't shot my PCP's, and have this much fun, in a LONG time! I highly recommend an air compressor of whatever brand you choose and a CF fill tank. It will make all the difference!

Rico, Hammer spring is still set as it was out of the box. I won't mess with it until I get 1000 or so rounds through everything. 

Here's a picture. Remember the 25 is not a slingshot hammer.

1539795306_3900961515bc7696aa84e88.82181946_IMG_1747.jpg

Quick and dirty numbers for the first 3 power levels:

JSB King Diablo 0.25 cal 25.39 gn; Reg Pressure ~135; 10 shots

MV calculated from crono at 5 yards with a pellet bc of 0.04.

To be continued...I now want to see levels 4-6! Power Level 3 has me digging out pellets and remolding clay. Need to move my steel trap inside and set it up!

I will follow this up eventually with a shot string, over a full tank, at a power level yet to be decided.

How about a little hump day Sniper pic?

SWEET!

Which do you shoot more often, your Sniper or RedWolf?

Right now I'm shooting the Sniper more. MUCH more. Then when I go to the Red Wolf, it feels like I've just stepped out of a little BWM 3-series coupe with a stiff stick-shift and a 6-cylinder engine and into a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud with a V-12 engine and a silent 10-speed automatic transmission. Huge difference! But that's not to say that I prefer the Red Wolf. The Sniper might actually be more fun to shoot? Even with the stiff cocking bolt (manual transmission). But the RW is an amazing rifle - virtually effortless to operate - incredibly luxurious feeling from the feel of the stock, to the feel of the side lever operation, to that amazing trigger..

How about a little hump day Sniper pic?

SWEET!

Which do you shoot more often, your Sniper or RedWolf?

Right now I'm shooting the Sniper more. Then when I go to the Red Wolf, it feels like I've just stepped out of a little BWM coupe with a stiff stick-shift transmission and into a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud with a V-12 engine and a silent 10-speed automatic transmission. Huge difference!

😁 yup, same experience here. Luv my Wildcat... but shooting the RedWolf is smooth as butter!

So I just got off phone with AOA, they have recieved my email and said that it's the incorrect set up. I will need to return the it and swap it for a new gun or replace the parts. I asked if they could just send me the part and I'll do it myself, they said it was not a easily done. The rifle will need to be replaced or machined to work. It seems like a fairly simple swap to me but I could be wrong. Well gents I urge you to check your rifle incase yours is incorrect.

This is what the hammer spring area of my rifle looks like.

1539993542_7988739345bca6fc6b2eef3.51431492_20181013_214127.jpg

I don't understand why AoA won't just send you the parts, really simple to replace. I could replace those parts in about three minutes, but while I had apart I would make sure hammer weight was clean and bore where hammer weight slides was clean. It's nice being able to adjust hammer tension on the Sniper, Regulator pressure hand hammer tension go hand in hand.