Brocock Bantam Sniper HR - Information thread

Can't wait to get back outside again tomorrow and launch some Crosman Premier 14.3 grainers (which just arrived today - recommended by bill). These CP pellets look totally different than the usual JSBs and H&Ns... they're really clean, polished and shiny looking!

I backed the hammer tension out to "flush", dialed the Huma reg to 140, lubed the bolt, lightened the trigger to 16 oz.. Rifle cocks really easily. Looking forward to punching some holes, bro! (My Red Wolf is "on break" and righteously jealous of the Bantam Sniper HR.)

Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP scope is fabulous! I like it much more than my Emerald 5.5-25x50 SFP, which I do like a lot. The reticle size on the FFP is much better than on the SFP and the illumination is waay cool, too. I think well worth the extra bill vs the SFP version.

Now... I want to know about the wood stock option for the Sniper HR!

So another I have another question. How do you guys feel about that safety?? It's right infront of trigger and kind of stiff. My Finger has actually slipped off safety and landed on trigger a few times, makes me super paranoid. What's your guys experienceses with this? 

I think there is a screw in front of the trigger guard that adjusts the tension on the safety. You may be able to lighten it up a bit. At least there is one on my Bantam Hi Lite..

The screw doesn't seem to lighten it only shorten the stroke to safe the rifle. You can shorten it to where it doesn't travel far, but you need to becareful because it may not actually safe the rifle. The safety is a simple threaded rod that blocks the trigger. If it's not in the correct posssition then it can't block the trigger. I come from powder burners were if you your not looking at target your rifle needs to be safe. These are strict range rules and great life rules to follow. Also I would always safe my springer before I charged and loaded it. But I guess with a pcp I don't need to safe it every time I cock the Hammer lol. Oh and guys I was able to get my trigger down to about 12 oz by the way.

1539481775_8560066005bc2a0af9438f9.09835128_20181013_214127.jpg

Rear of hammer

1539481819_1931260795bc2a0dbb57321.14153001_20181013_214151.jpg

Hole on side of hammer

OK so here are the pictures of my hammer spring adjuster. There is a black cover with a round smooth hole that fits a 2mm comfortably. I gently inserted the Allen wrench and it went in about 2.5 inches before stopping. The hole on the side fits a 1.5 mm Allen wrench quite deeply but no screw at bottom. I tried gently prying on it but no luck. It is a Bantam sniper in .22. What's your guys thoughts on this? Is it a protective cover or a different design? 

So other than that cover mine looks like yours. The surprising thing is how car I could insert that Allen wrench in that hole, about 2.5". If I can insert it that far, that might mean my hammer aping is turned all the way up if it can even go that far. My shot count also seems to be a bit low. The damn paint ball place filled my gun too quickly today, and caused the Guage to read high until it cooled down. I ended up with only about 220 bars. I shot about 10-12 shots and it's already at 200 bars. So that's about 5-6 shots per 10 bar increment. That only works out to be 45-54 shots per 240 bar fill, reg is set at 150. I don't have a chronograph so I can't tell you velocities, one is on the way though. 

So like I said I'm a complete novice with air rifles. I'm a bit worried that if I take out the guts 1 million little tiny parts will come flying out, and I won't be able to put it back together again lol. Well let's compare serial numbers maybe we can determine if mine is a early or late model. I have serial number NC 0320, so possibly it's the 320th model made? 

DHart you got yours a few days before me so it does seem they go in sequential order somewhat. This is quite interesting. Guys keep tge serial numbers comming. Maybe we can set up some sort of historical data. It would be nice if we found someone with a serial number that's higher than mine that Also has the same hammer. I didn't dig around in the hole too much for fear of damaging something, but I thing it may Lead to a Allen screw or something. 

DHart you got yours a few days before me so it does seem they go in sequential order somewhat. This is quite interesting. Guys keep tge serial numbers comming. Maybe we can set up some sort of historical data. It would be nice if we found someone with a serial number that's higher than mine that Also has the same hammer. I didn't dig around in the hole too much for fear of damaging something, but I thing it may Lead to a Allen screw or something.

I picked mine up in person, so there was no shipping time. Yours may have been in shipping transit for a number of days. I think you may have bought yours before I bought mine. Of course, when they are pulled from the warehouse at AoA, I’m sure they aren’t selected by serial number, but just grabbed off the shelves box by box.

Yours is a .22, right? I can’t imagine how it would differ so much from several others of us who have a different hammer tension screw/plug than you have? It may well be that only AoA can answer this.... but they won’t be available until Monday.

Rico, I believe your Sniper is a little different than ours because the first batch was modified by AoA to make the hammer tension adjustable by means of screwdriver slot. AoA told me that the next shipments from Brocock will already come with the modification. So do what DHart said and remove those two bottom screws and this will allow the threaded plug to come out, then you will see what is going on. Your adjuster uses an Allen key and probably has thread locker applied from the factory so you might have to apply heat to free up.Push in on plug with your thumb to remove spring tension while removing screws. If you remove and discover your plug is not threaded like ours you will have to add spacers to increase power. Mine is threaded and I still made spacers just to see how high I could get power. I ended up removing them later.