Brocock Bantam Magazines

Good morning Airgun Nation!

This weekend, I took advantage of an incredibly rare occurrence here in Kansas - low speed winds.

My Sniper HR shoots amazing when using a single shot tray. But the magazine that came with my HR, has always given me fits.

Am I the only person who struggles with their Bantam magazine?

Here is an example...

Below you see two targets. Both shot 10 times, at a distance of 50 yards, using JSB 18 grain pellets.

The target on the left was shot using a single shot tray. The target on the right was shot using the magazine. 

For NRL events, I'd like to have a dependable 10 shot magazine. I'm debating on purchasing a couple new mags in an attempt to find one that doesn't 'leak' pellets. Thoughts....?!!

1561986840_4873004595d1a0718184559.49414308_IMG_20190630_132535_01.jpg

You are far from the only person who has noted their rifle is less accurate through the mag than with a SST. There are dozens of threads on the issue, some specific to Daystate, others more broadly. I myself see an accuracy reduction in my Crown .22 when using the factory magazine. 

User ddark has been making magazines for a couple different rifles now which, aside from being less money than the factory magazines, also allegedly improve this issue. 
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-magazine-issue/

I've never personally tested, nor seen scientifically tested by someone else, his mags against an SST so please don't take this as an endorsement of his design (or criticism), it is simply an admission of ignorance. It is possible though that his design has resolved the issue. At the very least is is probably much less expensive to try than a handful of factory mags from Brocock. *shrug* 

I hope that helps. :) 

I'm not trying to prep for a speed challenge. Haha

All the shots had more than adequate time between trigger pulls. If it was a reg issue, I'd see the same performance with and without the magazine.

The random, and sometimes significant fliers only appear when the magazine is in use.

I've been using the rifle for several months now. The magazine has never been consistent or accurate.

Not uncommon at all, with most magazine fed rifles, but Daystate/Brocock seem to be the worst offenders. My Bantam shot poorly from the mag. My Red Wolf shows degraded accuracy from the mag, although not as bad as the Bantam, and my RAW prefers the s/s tray as well. The only rifle I've owned that shoots as well with the magazine is the FX Royale 400.