• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite .25 caliber

Hello from Texas. First Post. And of course a question. AoA has a surplus of Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite .25 caliber guns. This will be my first PCP, and I don't want to screw up. The gun is on sale for $899. It is a non-regulated gun. Can anyone give me some first hand knowledge of this rifle? It has a bottle instead of a tube. How many shots before it starts falling off? What is the velocity in the .25? One of the guys at AoA told me to look hard at the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR, which is basically the same gun (I think) but regulated. However, it is $1399. He also told me to go with a .22. What say you??

Hello from Texas. First Post. And of course a question. AoA has a surplus of Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite .25 caliber guns. This will be my first PCP, and I don't want to screw up. The gun is on sale for $899. It is a non-regulated gun. Can anyone give me some first hand knowledge of this rifle? It has a bottle instead of a tube. How many shots before it starts falling off? What is the velocity in the .25? One of the guys at AoA told me to look hard at the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR, which is basically the same gun (I think) but regulated. However, it is $1399. He also told me to go with a .22. What say you??

~~~~~~~~~~

Application?

BTW, welcome aboard!

I had the 22 bantam long time ago great gun mine had the 480cc carbon bottle is the one on sale the 400 cc> utube some you'll find more info my 22 got 60 shots I think the 25 will get maybe 45 I bet trenier outdoors has some info look there also sorry couldn't help more llok your model up on there site it shows if you have the money get the regulated model youll be set then if it where me youll be happier in the long run

They've been on sale for quite a while. It's probably one of the best deals out there on a new gun. I don't own one, maybe someone will chime in that's does. The question is, what do you plan on doing with it? A .25 is more expensive to shoot and is more than what most people need. The shot count will be lower and it will naturally use more air. Which brings up the age old question of how are you going to fill it? I think you are on the right track starting with a higher end gun. Higher end guns tend to hold their resale very well and in my opinion are the better option. Welcome, by the way, good luck with you decision.

The Bantam Hi-Lite is a nice rifle, I own one in .22. Very well balanced, accurate and a high shot count. Very impressive for a non-regulated gun. Be aware though that the Bantam .25 caliber has the same barrel length as the .22 and is therefore only capable of about 35 FPE, while most other .25 cal guns put out around 45 FPE.

Hawke makes some very good points. The Harper Slingshot in the Bantam is as close to a regulated gun as you can get. I have a Daystate with that setup and it is very consistent and efficient.

You will find once you get a PCP you will go through pellets WAY faster than you think you might. I can burn a tin of 500 in a weekend easily. A .22 will do most of what you plan to do but if you think you might shoot something the size of a yote, you might consider the .25, but as Hawkeye said, the Bantam isn't the stoutest .25 available.