• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Atomic XR rebuild

I also keep my Brocock Ranger XR .177 in a hard case 👍🙂

E2A8E4E0-B683-4DDE-B1BC-C6C726216AB6.1646476369.jpeg

And it still shoots good. I would want one if I didn’t have my Leshiy Classic.

@TerryE1 Do you think the two are comparable?

@Sorensd Thanks for sharing this video. Dana excels in documenting his work. I’m still kinda shocked by the way he dragged the guns behind the Jeep, tossed them off of a cliff, and three them in a jacuzzi. That was a legendary experiment! When I really think about it, it’s amazing that none of the reservoirs ruptured. 

@sorenSD, sweet setup. Any specs as to its FAC rating? I know you shoot long range with your .177s. So what kind of shooting have you been doing with the Ranger?

The Brocock Ranger XR with its 10 inch barrel is not a long range .177 like I am used to shooting 🙂

Have been adjusting the Huma regulator and the hammer spring tension to up the power level and try different pellets and also slugs 👍🎯

CBAB949E-B410-4DB8-95A3-6394D56940C6.1646498476.jpeg

E9E91674-1EBF-41CE-B045-0838EF99B6FC.1646498631.jpeg

FE5072EF-0111-4C83-BD2A-C0F44FA15F92.1646498708.jpeg

Nice compact setup! Just curious what the accuracy with the 10.3g slugs is like if you drop speed a little to say 800FPS. That’s a really short barrel to be pushing that speed and such light slug is very very sensitive to muzzle blast, still pretty darn good results for such a compact gun but curious on if it can be even better. the NSA looks like a winner as it is for sure. 

Edit: think I miss read the post, looks like the 10.3 grain you referred to are pellets not slugs, very curious to see if you can get the JSB 10 grain slugs to shoot well at 100 yards and what speed you can push it. People often dismiss that slugs can be shot with short barrel and lower speed but that’s just because they haven’t really tried it like you! Very cool and fun stuff! 

And it still shoots good. I would want one if I didn’t have my Leshiy Classic.

@TerryE1 Do you think the two are comparable?

@Sorensd Thanks for sharing this video. Dana excels in documenting his work. I’m still kinda shocked by the way he dragged the guns behind the Jeep, tossed them off of a cliff, and three them in a jacuzzi. That was a legendary experiment! When I really think about it, it’s amazing that none of the reservoirs ruptured.

@ezana4ce, would be interesting to see if the Leshiys 1 and 2 could take a similar torture and come out as good.