Brocock Atomic Xr Pistol vs AEA HP SS Pistol

I, and others have posted about their Atomic XRs or Ranger XR (same gun). Do a search, my Atomic XR has been a pest killing machine. And it shoots the $6.24 per tin Crosman Premiers Hollowpoints (Walmart) good enough for small pests to 40 yards. Don't know anything about the AEA... Good luck with your choice. Fair warning, I am a Brocock fanboy because they've been that good to me.

The AEA HP SS shoots well enough at 40 yards, however, the semi-auto feature is not reliable. Sometimes it shoots magnificently, and then it will misfire unexpectedly (after a while, you just expect it). But, when it works, the HP SS is a fun gun to shoot. At one third the price of the Brocock, it may be worth that annoying "feature".

I am assuming an average size yard with at least one standard issue whining :mad: NEIGHBOR from hell. So silence could well be the main issue? I Own a AEA .25 backpacker now and was considering purchasing an SS pistol prior to my shoulder surgery. I am glad I didn't, as my post surgery physical therapy waltz has given me time to reconsider things. Most of my small herd is designed to be used with TWO hands, although ways can always be found to make things somewhat operational. The thing about the AEA semi auto is it requires TWO hands to operate; one to hold the bolt back while inserting the magazine with the other. The weight distribution is forward of the hand grip, thus making them nose heavy. Also they require some sort of moderator for your neighbors, which gives you a four foot plus pistol?

Sadly I just sold my dearly loved Leshiy classic, because it has not been used, does not do too well with one hand.
The good news is thanks to the input of others here, an Atomic Ranger XR .22 will be replacing it shortly.
Life is a funny thing, just when it looks like easy street, BUMP your onto another path. That you may not have chosen, but for that bump.

I have both guns. Both kill rats(iguanas) very well. mine are 25 cal., scoped
The AEA will shoot more per fill, but the Brocock sure is nice to shoot.
do you bring out the Rem. 870 or the Perazzi MX2000. your choice.......
I came from the shotgun world. both break clays, but one is just a bit nicer......

Why just those two options? There are more than a few other compact guns that could fit the bill. And at a lower price than the Brocock.
Offer up the alternatives to the OP then… of course lower price options are available. None will be as day to day solid as the Atomic XR. If you ever get to handle an Atomic XR the quality will be instantly apparent and will be backed up by performance.

Offer up the alternatives to the OP then… of course lower price options are available. None will be as day to day solid as the Atomic XR. If you ever get to handle an Atomic XR the quality will be instantly apparent and will be backed up by performance.
I agree my concept light xr is built very well. brocock builds a quality gun.

The Atomic is great,but thrifty me would get a Prod for backyard plinking and save $1000.
I have Brocock Concept Xr in .25,it is great PCP,but better for hunting...I have 3Prods fixed up in various configurations,for me they are better for target shooting closer ranges.
Also have a Crosman 1720,it is a single shot pc pistol,.177 cal. On a good day I can keep all pellets within 3/8th inch at 25 yards.
There are a few more options out there,it depends on what you really what and how much you want to spend.

I just got a Ranger XR, haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, but it is solid. It actually seems a little heavy, not bad, a built well and solid type of heavy. Other guns to consider/I considered for small and fairly light… Edgun Leshiy (not a cheaper option obviously), AGT Vixen (not sure about price), AirForce Talon/Talon P (less expensive but good quality), American Air Arms Evol .22 mini (very similar to the Atomic/Ranger, but probably price prohibitive for most).

These are my typical targets out to 54 yards with my Atomic XR. The chalk vary in diameter from 5/8" to 7/8", I cut the 3" piece into three pieces. I get first round hits on these in good conditions from 20 to 54 yards. They represent the size of a rodents head or sparrows' chest nicely. When the chalk explodes the colored dust indicates wind direction, after the hit that is 😏...

image.jpeg

@darylm if you give me other options in what is out there. I am looking for something compact and light. Im thinking nothing more then 5lbs. Lighter then better. It has to be a pcp.I am open to other options. Anyone want to offer any input on whats out there let me know.

Thank you in advance
The P-rod and the Kral Empire XS come to mind. Both are excellent compact pcps. More than capable for your needs and less than half the cost of the Brocock. My shortest gun is the Hatsan Flashpup, and it’s been a fantastic pester for me. And if price is no object, maybe an Uragan, Katran or Impact compact.

Reactions: L.Leon