• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Brocock Atomic XR first trip to the range!

Enjoyed the video... The gun and shooter can shoot. Calling it a pistol while shooting it off a huge bipod and bench? The thing looks huge in your hand, how about shooting it like a pistol? Standing, no bipod, heck, sitting off sticks, or your knee? Pistols don't typically use bipods and they fit in holsters for easy carry. Even as a pistol the Atomic would require some sort of sling in the field. If you're going to put a bipod on it you might as well shoot it as a carbine. Zero appeal as a pistol to me, just too big.

Enjoyed the video... The gun and shooter can shoot. Calling it a pistol while shooting it off a huge bipod and bench? The thing looks huge in your hand, how about shooting it like a pistol? Standing, no bipod, heck, sitting off sticks, or your knee? Pistols don't typically use bipods and they fit in holsters for easy carry. Even as a pistol the Atomic would require some sort of sling in the field. If you're going to put a bipod on it you might as well shoot it as a carbine. Zero appeal as a pistol to me, just too big.

And too expensive, lol!

$1k would have been reasonable 👍

I think we’re all seeking a true pistol. You can have that with a 1k ataman or a 250 pp750

but neither are going to group like that at 35 yards. 

But nothing wrong with that pistol setup on the bench. 

the price is brocock wild I’m waiting to see how the aea pistols do.

@GeneT, it's an awesome mini carbine. That Brocock insist on calling it a pistol and marketing it as such is questionable??? Brococks are solid, it just seems like they couldn't make up their minds on the Atomic. Brocock should drop the "giant pistol" part. Sell it as the solid mini carbine it is and be done. Oh, and don't price it so close to so many other, more desirable platforms.