Brocock Atomic / Ranger XR thoughts and testing.

It’s a very cool little carbine! Biggest “down side” is the retail price and the trigger. The trigger can be fixed relatively easy with some know how. The factory tune is excellent with “high” reg pressure which resulted in a very quiet and efficient gun with such short barrel. My personal opinion is it is a tad heavy with a scope on for how little it is but it certainly is pretty well made.

Wasn’t for I have so many guns in that power range I would get one if it is on a good sale.
It is definetly not a feather trigger, but for me it's about perfect --- I'm guessing 4-5lb, since that's what I always end up liking :)

Reactions: qball
It is definetly not a feather trigger, but for me it's about perfect --- I'm guessing 4-5lb, since that's what I always end up liking :)

4-5lb is definitely heavy for me, my guess from trying it is about 3-4lbs. @Motorhead worked on a Ranger’s trigger and got it down to what I think is a touch over 1lb, I really liked it because that’s where I like my triggers for precision style shooting.

Reactions: 850renxrs
Congrats @Larcat on your Ranger. Looks like you’re getting it dialed in. Don’t give up on Hades. They shoot VERY accurately in my Atomic. I’ve not had great accuracy with Hades in other rifles but they work really well in my Atomic at 700 FPS.
I've loaded up pretty heavy on 16s but if I run out I'll give em a gander :)

Larcat thanks to both you and L.Leon for those very meaningful numbers.
As a newly recovering L2 aficionado yourself who searched for that elusive L2 nirvana of both compactness & silent thunder.
Our current herd compacts the RTI prophet performance, AGT Uragan, L2 Hornet. Starting to think a Pathfinder is just another compact addition, instead of that nirvana I seek, which you may have found my friend. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Larcat thanks to both you and L.Leon for those very meaningful numbers.
As a newly recovering L2 aficionado yourself who searched for that elusive L2 nirvana of both compactness & silent thunder.
Our current herd compacts the RTI prophet performance, AGT Uragan, L2 Hornet. Starting to think a Pathfinder is just another compact addition, instead of that nirvana I seek, which you may have found my friend. :cool:
Glad the posting was helpful :) Atomic/Ranger definetly isn't perfect, but I think it's perfect for my needs :)

Reactions: SHOMER
Wanted to followup here with a very happy observation after a couple months of having the rifle.

I haven't seen ANY creep after sitting for a while. I can't read reg pressure, so I don't know, but my L2 almost always shot high on the first shot after sitting for a while. The Ranger is right on POA on the first shot after sitting for a while.

Starlings still are terrified of it, so Birchwood Casey has been the primary recipient doen range still.