BRK Pathfinder XR - Ready for action!

@Larcat and its not like they couldn' do it. They pretty much already have all the parts between this for the AR stock
View attachment 359099
and this for the LW barrel
View attachment 359100
and the reg out of a Fortitude. All the parts are there.
Yup!

And at 1k with the LW barrel they'd still make good money I think.

What do I know though, I'm just some dude.

Yup!

And at 1k with the LW barrel they'd still make good money I think.

What do I know though, I'm just some dude.
Respectfully disagree, I firmly believe the following:

BRK, Pathfinder, Ranger.
Evol Mini
RAW Micro Hunter
Panthera Hunter
Side order of Leshiy 2

Simply “outclass” those cobbled together Prods, whether by a user or Crosman themselves.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Anyone have a rough shot count on this one in .22? From low power to high power?

I was already seriously considering the atomic xr for its air efficiency (between 20-100 shots on a 50cc tube), so I’m really hoping this one can really maximize that shot count with a 300cc bottle.
Reach out or look for posts by @Elgreco, he’s posted about his BRK Pathfinder XR. And while I love my Atomic XR, there’s no way I get 100 shots, even with the TP on its lowest setting. If you lowered the regulator set point and adjusted the HS, I still highly doubt you’ll get anywhere near 100 quality shots from the Atomic XR. 45-50 strokes from my foot pump bring my Atomic XR to 250 BAR for 3 magazines or 30-33 shots. Good luck… The BRKs rock.

Reactions: Jnine
Reach out or look for posts by @Elgreco, he’s posted about his BRK Pathfinder XR. And while I love my Atomic XR, there’s no way I get 100 shots, even with the TP on its lowest setting. If you lowered the regulator set point and adjusted the HS, I still highly doubt you’ll get anywhere near 100 quality shots from the Atomic XR. 45-50 strokes from my foot pump bring my Atomic XR to 250 BAR for 3 magazines or 30-33 shots. Good luck… The BRKs rock.
Thanks @L.Leon , for some reason I thought they advertised the atomic xr for up to 100 shots in like the 3-4 fpe range, but thanks for clarifying your experience. The pathfinder must have a pretty decent shot count then since it's 6 times the plenum size of the atomic!
In .177 at like 5 fpe I think you could get 100. Would actually probably be a really fun gun setup like that.

In .177 at like 5 fpe I think you could get 100. Would actually probably be a really fun gun setup like that.

I agree, it would be a great basement setup for me, but sadly I don't own any .177. But if the pathfinder in .22 can generate over 100 shots per fill, I think it would be a real winner.

Reactions: L.Leon
I agree, it would be a great basement setup for me, but sadly I don't own any .177. But if the pathfinder in .22 can generate over 100 shots per fill, I think it would be a real winner.
I'd imagine it can --- I'm getting 30-35 at ~17fpe on the cigar sized air cylinder. Tune down a bit and 4-5x as much air.... it's a surprisingly efficient little system. I think maybe because they didn't design with the potential for flashy numbers in mind....

Reactions: Jnine and L.Leon
Looking forward to seeing Jessica at Iguana Solutions popping some scaly heads with one of these,

As cool as this looks, I am happy with my Ranger. @L.Leon I just moved to a farm, and am looking forward to slinging my Ranger across my chest while I am on the riding mower. Hopefully the spatzes and starlings on the other side of the farmyard will think they are safe because I am on the mower. The steering wheel should make a good rest for the Ranger. First I need to put the Westhunter back on the Ranger though, I stole it for testing out my Taipan.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Jessica at Iguana Solutions popping some scaly heads with one of these,

As cool as this looks, I am happy with my Ranger. @L.Leon I just moved to a farm, and am looking forward to slinging my Ranger across my chest while I am on the riding mower. Hopefully the spatzes and starlings on the other side of the farmyard will think they are safe because I am on the mower. The steering should make a good rest for the Ranger. First I need to put the Westhunter back on the Ranger though, I stole it for testing out my Taipan.
What’s not to like?, that Ranger XR you have is the cats meow… looking forward to some after action reports. My Atomic XR is with me for the long run. It’s just that good to me.

Reactions: ToddGeddes63
What’s not to like?, that Ranger XR you have is the cats meow… looking forward to some after action reports. My Atomic XR is with me for the long run. It’s just that good to me.

I have to say the Taipan Short in .25 is dogging at the heels of the Ranger, and will likely replace it as my general go to. It is pretty breezy here, so the 25 grain pellets zipping along at 890 are going to be a little more forgiving. The Ranger, however, will be my lawn mowing companion. Also, having adjustable power, it is going to get a chance to sling some lead free pellets at lower fps inside the barn at night. Pigeons $#!% on everything. Just gotta figure out what color of flashlight doesn't disturb them when they are roosting.

Actually, that would be a really great use for this Pathfinder: barn gun. Lots of air for low power pesting. Slap an infrared scope on there, rats and roosted birds beware!

Reactions: L.Leon
I have to say the Taipan Short in .25 is dogging at the heels of the Ranger, and will likely replace it as my general go to. It is pretty breezy here, so the 25 grain pellets zipping along at 890 are going to be a little more forgiving. The Ranger, however, will be my lawn mowing companion. Also, having adjustable power, it is going to get a chance to sling some lead free pellets at lower fps inside the barn at night. Pigeons $#!% on everything. Just gotta figure out what color of flashlight doesn't disturb them when they are roosting.

Actually, that would be a really great use for this Pathfinder: barn gun. Lots of air for low power pesting. Slap an infrared scope on there, rats and roosted birds beware!
Slap a simple red light on the gun, you’ll get many of them before they learn about the light. I killed many, many roosting starlings and pigeons with just a red light. Sounds like you’re in a sweet pesting environment.

Streamlight.

20230526_210538.jpg

20230526_210456.jpg

Huh, not what I expected you to grab. It does solve one of the few complaints I have with the Atomic (gauge in the wrong spot) but removes one of the benefits (don't need a tank/compressor.)

Does the second gauge mean the reg is externally adjustable or just a "we've got the space on the block, might as well" thing?
there is some realy good reasons for having a seperate gauge for the regulator - see if you can think of a few, go on you can do it! o_O