BRK Pathfinder XR - Ready for action!

Hi Airgun Nationers!

The BRK Pathfinder is now being shipped on ever increasing numbers so i though it a good time to share the press release and data on this very compact new rifle. For those of you who have missed it, the BRK/Brocock Pathfinder takes the idea of the super compact Atomic and Ranger but adds a 300cc carbon bottle instead of the 50cc air tube on the Ranger. We have done this using the well established Commander, and adding the ranger barrel and tuning up the Hume-Air regulator from the magnum version. The combination is a small compact and fully equipped carbine that is heavier than the Ranger, but more powerful and with a greater shot count. Tony

BRK PATHFINDER

READY FOR ACTION

BRK Pathfinder front angle.jpg
011-5_BRK Pathfinder XR.jpg

The BRK Pathfinder XR joins the super-light and compact Ranger XR which quickly became a firm favourite with hunters and pest controllers. Building on its success and reputation, the new Pathfinder XR features a lightweight 300cc carbon Kevlar bottle for increased shot count compared to the Ranger XR. Export and FAC models also benefit from higher power output as well. The Pathfinder XR measures a carbine length 22.5 inches with its folding stock deployed, and just 18.5 inches with it retracted, resulting in a rifle that is incredibly fast onto the target and useful in tight situations. It weighs just 6.4lbs, and yet in low power can deliver over 200 shots. .25 calibre models produce energy up to 30 ft/lbs. Super compact and able to be easily transported in a backpack, or optional purpose-built rifle slip. The Pathfinder XR offers superb accuracy at hunting ranges out to 45 yards and beyond and its slick sidelever action enables fast reloading. The Pathfinder features an advanced Huma-Air regulator and newly introduced hammer design. This new system is our most consistent, yet which results in superb performance and accuracy.

PATHFINDER XR​
Length Folded18.5ins
Overall Length25.5ins
Barrel Length10.1ins
Bottle Capacity300cc
Weight (Unscoped)6.4lbs
Available Calibres.177 (4.5mm), .22 (5.5mm) .25 (6.35mm)
CockingSide lever action
Single shot + Magazine13 shot (.177), 11 shot (.22), 10 shot (.25)
Power / .25Up to 30 ft/lb
Power / .22Up to 27 ft/lb*
Power/ .177Up to 18 ft/lb*
Trigger2 stage adjustable for pull weight, length of stage and blade position.
SafetyManual, resettable lever
StockPolyester
OptionsSide Picatinny, 0dB Silencer, AimGrip Bipod

Super sweet, very excited to have one in hand. Will supplement my Atomic XR nicely… @GA_LeadHead, yes, very cool and solid, unbox, scope it, sight in, go pesting… that good.
Huh, not what I expected you to grab. It does solve one of the few complaints I have with the Atomic (gauge in the wrong spot) but removes one of the benefits (don't need a tank/compressor.)

Does the second gauge mean the reg is externally adjustable or just a "we've got the space on the block, might as well" thing?

Super sweet, very excited to have one in hand. Will supplement my Atomic XR nicely… @GA_LeadHead, yes, very cool and solid, unbox, scope it, sight in, go pesting… that good.
This one could give my new Panthera compact .22 some competition. I'm still wanting a .177, the Pathfinder might be it!

Reactions: L.Leon
I'm not clear on the measurements.

22.5" with the folding stock deployed.

18.5" with stock retracted.

18.5" with the stock folded.

Overall length 25.5".

Is one of these a typo or is the 22.5" the length unfolded but with the stock in the shortest LOP position? And 25.5" in the longest position?

Regardless, looks really nice. For years i was hoping somebody from the tinkering side of this hobby would put a short barrel/shroud on a Commander.

Glad to hear it has the externally adjustable regulator. I recall in the vaporware stage somebody suggested it might not have that.

Last edited:
5 yr warranty I expect. Really only advantage over 3 yr wildcat that I see. Weight similar. Power goes to WC accuracy of the WC is unquestioned
How much $?.
This little rig is plenty powerful for small critters out to 50+ yards. Accuracy of the BRKs are also a known good quality of the entire XR lineup and its predecessors. More compact than the WC? Folding stock is a big plus.

This gun looks awesome I am a big fan of Brocock/brk since my sniper hr. The trigger and the valve system is incredible you barley feel anything. Top notch quality and even better accuracy for an average shooter. That gun makes me shine even when I think I can’t. So I can only imagine how well this new gun performs. I’d put my Brocock up against any rifle out there for sure.

Reactions: keith1 and L.Leon
5 yr warranty I expect. Really only advantage over 3 yr wildcat that I see. Weight similar. Power goes to WC accuracy of the WC is unquestioned
How much $?.
Bullpup vs carbine is a big difference if wanting to compare power cause of the barrel length.

This gun looks awesome I am a big fan of Brocock/brk since my sniper hr. The trigger and the valve system is incredible you barley feel anything. Top notch quality and even better accuracy for an average shooter. That gun makes me shine even when I think I can’t. So I can only imagine how well this new gun performs. I’d put my Brocock up against any rifle out there for sure.
That’s how I feel about the BRK Brococks, they make me look a better shooter than I am. They simply perform…

First thing I thought of was a direct competitor to the EVOL Mini.
Yeah, you've got a whole little cluster of these guns right now

Brk pathfinder, ranger.
Evol mini
RAW micro hunter
Panthera hunter
Side order of Leshiy 2

IMHO the real story is how badly Crosman dropped the ball.

Prod. Solid folding AR buffertube stock. LW barrel. Regulator. $1,000.

Reactions: qball and L.Leon