• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost share your tune?

I own a ghost carbine in 22 and was not impressed with the groups I was getting until I pulled the barrel and did a full cleaning with a brass brush, Gunzilla, and some JB bore bright....Now it is a tack driver.....Super filthy barrel !!!!! Here is 5 shots before and after cleaning the barrel at 40 yards.

Tony P.

IMG_7137.JPG
IMG_7150.JPG

Hello Ghost owners,
I bought my first PCP, a Ghost 22 HP a few days ago and yet hadn't had time to mess with it. Any owners here that care to share what works for them?
You...HAVEN'T even shot it yet !! Give the gun a once over, fill it with dry air and go shooting ! Learn a little about the gun, before you go turning dials/screws. In my case, the FIRST thing that I did AFTER...a coupla magazines, with mine was to adjust the trigger to attain a clean, no creep, break. No power adjustments...yet . Not until I checked things with my chronograph, and how the pellets were hitting the target.
Then, after this did I start...tuning. And this is after learning a bit about what sort of tune that I like to see with my...guns, and my...shooting.

Do some shooting first...it MAY...be just what you want (or, very close)...outta the box !
Do you have a chronograph ?
You'll NEED one BEFORE you go changing the power up or down. Do you understand the procedure, of the regulator pressure, vs. the hammer spring tension ?

Everyone's got different circumstances in their shooting. Rarely any two tuneups will be the same for everyone. Learn a little about the gun before you start changing it. You don't want to become...one of "those guys", that ends up asking questions about getting the gun back to original, after you get lost .

Mike

Hello Ghost owners,
I bought my first PCP, a Ghost 22 HP a few days ago and yet hadn't had time to mess with it. Any owners here that care to share what works for them?
What do you want to do with your Ghost? Pesting, target shooting (at what distance), all those will factor for responses.

I am pesting at 25 yds with Hades 15.89 ~80-95 bar and 10HS and am happy with results.

What do you want to do with your Ghost? Pesting, target shooting (at what distance), all those will factor for responses.

I am pesting at 25 yds with Hades 15.89 ~80-95 bar and 10HS and am happy with results.
Primarily target shooting at distances 40 yards to about 100 and hunting. It's very windy here so I want to tune it for some heavy slugs

Brand new Ghost Plus (17") in .22. Nice rifle! Just home from a visit to AoA this morning. The Ghost followed me home.

52844544348_2cb80d0a48_b.jpg

18.13 gr. JSBs are flying at avg. 982 fps, for around 39 FPE. Huma reg is set to around 152 bar. HS is at 10.

I am pesting at up to around 30 yards, more typically 25 yards, and finding there is more noise and power than I would prefer for my particular "back yard" application. I'd like to get down to 30 FPE or slightly below.

Can you folks suggest a reg pressure and hammer spring dial setting to tame the noise level somewhat, save some air, and maintain good accuracy at these fairly close distances in .22? Most of my shooting is with JSB 18.13 and I will shoot some JSB 25.39 RD Monsters.

@Erdb what velocity are you getting with your settings (posted above)?

Don

Last edited:
DHart

With my carbine I have the reg at 120 hammer spring at 18 and get 870 FPS with the JSB 18’s….super quiet and with the longer barrel you can go down on reg pressure and HS to achieve 870-890 with the 18’s.

longest shot with this set up is 104 yards on a pidgeon.

Tony P
Thanks, Tony... that tune puts you around 30.5 fpe, which is around where I'd like to be, or perhaps even a bit lower.

Today, I removed the buddy bottle and then took the Huma Reg down to zero, then re-attached the buddy bottle and brought the reg up to 90 BAR.

Then gradually adjusted the HS wheel up to #15 to achieve an average of 801 FPS with the 18.13 gr. Jumbo JSBs.

Gives about 26 FPE. Plenty of power for me - for the short range (up to about 25 yards) that I tend to shoot.

Relatively quiet. Accurate!

I don't know how much this will increase shots per bottle fill, but I'm sure it will give me some more shots-per-fill than I was getting at the 154 BAR Reg setting, HS #10, and 39 FPE, before the buddy bottle runs down to the 90 BAR that the Huma regulator is set at now.

52844095831_ef30a262fc_h.jpg

To Recap:

18.13 Jumbos - FACTORY SETTING:
Huma Reg: 154 BAR
HS: #10 position
Vel. 982 FPS and 39 FPE

18.13 Jumbos - CUSTOM SETTING:
Huma Reg: 90 BAR
HS: #15 position
Vel. 801 FPS and 26 FPE

I really like this Ghost - I think Daystate/Brocock did a great thing with this offering!

Last edited:
Brand new Ghost Plus (17") in .22. Nice rifle! Just home from a visit to AoA this morning. The Ghost followed me home.

52844544348_2cb80d0a48_b.jpg

18.13 gr. JSBs are flying at avg. 982 fps, for around 39 FPE. Huma reg is set to around 152 bar. HS is at 10.

I am pesting at up to around 30 yards, more typically 25 yards, and finding there is more noise and power than I would prefer for my particular "back yard" application. I'd like to get down to 30 FPE or slightly below.

Can you folks suggest a reg pressure and hammer spring dial setting to tame the noise level somewhat, save some air, and maintain good accuracy at these fairly close distances in .22? Most of my shooting is with JSB 18.13 and I will shoot some JSB 25.39 RD Monsters.

@Erdb what velocity are you getting with your settings (posted above)?

Don
@DHart my Ghost is an HP but with the reg around 85-90BAR and using 15.89 HADES I was averaging 960fps. I put a Wika gauge on mine and set the reg @ 65 and the same pellets settle down around 930fps. Side note, I do see the my reg pressure rise from 65 to 80 after a week or two...

Reactions: DHart
@DHart my Ghost is an HP but with the reg around 85-90BAR and using 15.89 HADES I was averaging 960fps. I put a Wika gauge on mine and set the reg @ 65 and the same pellets settle down around 930fps. Side note, I do see the my reg pressure rise from 65 to 80 after a week or two...
Erdb... with dialing your reg down to 65 bar, where did you set your HS wheel?

My HS is set at 5. However at that reg setting moving the HS doesn’t change the fps much.

22 HP here. I've seen the same thing with the reg at 90, I was getting around 935 fps with JSB 18.13s regardless of HS setting, Min up to Max. With the reg at 110-120 I started seeing a small difference, which got larger the higher I set the pressure.

It came set at 150 which actually has a greater range ~43FPE @ min to ~54FPE @ max. At 130 min was ~44FPE and at 140 min was ~45FPE, although I used progressively heavier pellets. Noise definitely goes up with pressure even with a moderator.

My reg also seemed to wander slightly, mostly lower after a few shots, so I'm doublechecking and adjusting. Also first shot after my increases (noticed after 120) in reg pressure was unexpectedly slower by about 15 fps.