BRK Ghost Review

DId you test accuracy on the Ghost when you had straight 1/2unf to moderator?

Are you asking if I tested accuracy without the shroud and just a moderator? If so, yes.

I think with the adjustable splitter accuracy might be ever so slightly better, but it's a small enough difference that it'd be hard to demonstrate. Perhaps more mental than anything else.

And as an fyi, the threads at the muzzle of an OEM Ghost barrel are not 1/2x20. Ie, you cannot screw a normal 1/2x20 airgun moderator directly to the barrel, it requires a thread adaptor.

Are you asking if I tested accuracy without the shroud and just a moderator? If so, yes.

I think with the adjustable splitter accuracy might be ever so slightly better, but it's a small enough difference that it'd be hard to demonstrate. Perhaps more mental than anything else.

And as an fyi, the threads at the muzzle of an OEM Ghost barrel are not 1/2x20. Ie, you cannot screw a normal 1/2x20 airgun moderator directly to the barrel, it requires a thread adaptor.
Yes, I am looking to have a custom barrel made and want to know if its worth sourcing the air splitter/cone etc with the M14x1 threads or just to have the barrel machined for 1/2

Yes, I am looking to have a custom barrel made and want to know if its worth sourcing the air splitter/cone etc with the M14x1 threads or just to have the barrel machined for 1/2
The fellow that machined my barrel thought it was a bad idea to thread the end of the barrel and just machined a piece to fit over the barrel with an oring for the shroud , held in place by 2 set screws. The shroud and all parts as stock is about $200 from aoa. This was for a 25 cal barrel he cut for me

The fellow that machined my barrel thought it was a bad idea to thread the end of the barrel and just machined a piece to fit over the barrel with an oring for the shroud , held in place by 2 set screws. The shroud and all parts as stock is about $200 from aoa. This was for a 25 cal barrel he cut for me

Same fellow taught me that oftentimes the bore is opened up a bit when the OD is machined, either to cut threads or reduce the diameter. And I've been told by a couple different guys whose opinions I greatly respect, that bad things happen to accuracy when the bore is larger at the muzzle than the rest of the bore.

So, @Treks, it seems both your options have this possibility, since it's just different threads that you're considering.

This problem seems to be less of an issue when working with a choked blank. Ie the tightest part of the bore is still the muzzle, since it started with a choke. May be slightly bigger afterwards, as a result of the machining, but started much tighter than the rest so it's still tighter than the rest of the bore.

BRK Ghost Plus and BRK Ghost Carbin has the same Max Energy,

But Ghost High Power has almost double Max Energy

My question is:
Is there a differences on Factory Setting or mechanism on Ghost High Power,
or just change the Hammer Spring to get the same energy as Ghost HP ?

Below i get the spec from the Brocock Ghost Official website.

11.PNG

My question is:

View attachment 461721
Yes i went to a lighter hammer spring with a 177 hp and shoot jsb 13.4 gr in field target ( 19.5 fpe) if i put the stock spring in i can go up to 30 fpe. With the lighter spring and power wheel on max i go up to 26 fpe with the 13 gr

Reactions: MikeAndrews
Yes i went to a lighter hammer spring with a 177 hp and shoot jsb 13.4 gr in field target ( 19.5 fpe) if i put the stock spring in i can go up to 30 fpe. With the lighter spring and power wheel on max i go up to 26 fpe with the 13 gr
It is easy to go down from HP to low power,
How about from ghost plus to High Power ?

As simple as changing the harder hammer spring ?

Or there is a mechanical different from inside the airgun?

@Franklink , How do you cleaning BRK Ghost Barrel after shoot ? By PatchWorm or by Cotton Pellet?

Normally my other airgun and my springer, i clean up by a drop of birchwood barricade on cotton pellet, then i shoot

Occasionally I'll pull a patch, and even less frequently I'll pull the barrel and remove the shroud to do a deep clean.

Cleaning regimen for every barrel I've played with is different. Some almost never need cleaned, some occasionally need cleaned, some depend on what I'm shooting out of them. Really just a case by case situation, and that's generally speaking, not just specific to the Ghost.

Reactions: Dairyboy

My question is:

There are many ways to skin the proverbial cat with configuring the Ghost. Just today for example....

I've lately been pretty pleased with the .20/18.9gr slugs @ 910-915fps. That's the relatively new speed since I added back in the 38grain hammer weight a few months ago. That 910-915fps for the 18.9gr is with the OEM 0.047" wire spring plus my homemade 38grain hammer weight, plus a reg pressure of 128-130 bar, and MIN on the hammer tension wheel.

After making the above changes, I've only been shooting slugs and hadn't even chrono'd anything else. Well, prairie dog season is coming up and in some places pellets are the better choice, so today I decided to run some of the .20/15.89 JSB pellets over the Chrono. They came back at 995fps! Too hot for the pellets. And since the wheel was on MIN I couldn't go down in hammer spring tension to reduce the speed. So I removed the 38grain weight and could then only get to 875-880 with the slugs with the hammer wheel on MAX. So now too slow for the slugs without the 38grain hammer weight. So I swapped the 0.047" wire hammer spring for the 0.051" wire hammer spring. Back over the Chrono....I could get back to my desired fps of 910-915 for the slugs with MAX with the heavier hammer spring, and "5" on the power wheel was good for the 920-930 I wanted with the .20/15.89gr JSB pellets.

That's an example of using two different configurations to get the same exact speed with the .20/18.9grain slugs, whereas one of the combinations of adjustments wasn't going to allow me to also use the .20/15.89gr pellets, while the other combination of settings makes it possible.

That's the beauty of the Ghost, the adjustability creates a platform that allows the shooter to get what they want.

After the reconfigure I shot from 10-225 yards with the .20/15.89grain pellets, and had a lot of fun doing it. Im all set for long range prairie dog shooting for the summer now, with slugs or pellets, at EXACTLY the speeds I want to shoot them. And that's with a simple spin of the dial. Just need to print a dope card for both, using the info gathered today for the pellets and prior dope info from the slugs. And I'm OCD enough that I confirmed my slug dope while I was gathering pellet dope. After the changes I just wanted to KNOW that the previous dope was still good, and it is.

The swapping of hammer springs and chrono work took 5 minutes. Afterwards, the enjoyable part (the shooting) lasted a couple hours.

There are many ways to skin the proverbial cat with configuring the Ghost. Just today for example....

I've lately been pretty pleased with the .20/18.9gr slugs @ 910-915fps. That's the relatively new speed since I added back in the 38grain hammer weight a few months ago. That 910-915fps for the 18.9gr is with the OEM 0.047" wire spring plus my homemade 38grain hammer weight, plus a reg pressure of 128-130 bar, and MIN on the hammer tension wheel.

After making the above changes, I've only been shooting slugs and hadn't even chrono'd anything else. Well, prairie dog season is coming up and in some places pellets are the better choice, so today I decided to run some of the .20/15.89 JSB pellets over the Chrono. They came back at 995fps! Too hot for the pellets. And since the wheel was on MIN I couldn't go down in hammer spring tension to reduce the speed. So I removed the 38grain weight and could then only get to 875-880 with the slugs with the hammer wheel on MAX. So now too slow for the slugs without the 38grain hammer weight. So I swapped the 0.047" wire hammer spring for the 0.051" wire hammer spring. Back over the Chrono....I could get back to my desired fps of 910-915 for the slugs with MAX with the heavier hammer spring, and "5" on the power wheel was good for the 920-930 I wanted with the .20/15.89gr JSB pellets.

That's an example of using two different configurations to get the same exact speed with the .20/18.9grain slugs, whereas one of the combinations of adjustments wasn't going to allow me to also use the .20/15.89gr pellets, while the other combination of settings makes it possible.

That's the beauty of the Ghost, the adjustability creates a platform that allows the shooter to get what they want.

After the reconfigure I shot from 10-225 yards with the .20/15.89grain pellets, and had a lot of fun doing it. Im all set for long range prairie dog shooting for the summer now, with slugs or pellets, at EXACTLY the speeds I want to shoot them. And that's with a simple spin of the dial. Just need to print a dope card for both, using the info gathered today for the pellets and prior dope info from the slugs. And I'm OCD enough that I confirmed my slug dope while I was gathering pellet dope. After the changes I just wanted to KNOW that the previous dope was still good, and it is.

The swapping of hammer springs and chrono work took 5 minutes. Afterwards, the enjoyable part (the shooting) lasted a couple hours.

Means that the differences between BRK Ghost Plus and BRK Ghost HP only at
- Barrel Length and Hammer Spring?

From BRK Ghost Plus to increase the power the same as BRK Ghost HP Power Joule , it is just to change the Barrel and Spring Hammer ?

Is it any differences on Valve Volume on Ghost Plus vs Ghost HP ?

I ask this because my friend said (i dont want to mention the brand) there is a Valve Volume differences between Long Version and Carbin Version, means that Carbin Version will impossible has the same power as Long Barrel.

Is this the same thing happen between Ghost Plus and Ghost HP ?
or all the Ghost version has the same Valve Volume ?

Last edited:
Means that the differences between BRK Ghost Plus and BRK Ghost HP only at
- Barrel Length and Hammer Spring?

From BRK Ghost Plus to increase the power the same as BRK Ghost HP Power Joule , it is just to change the Barrel and Spring Hammer ?

Is it any differences on Valve Volume on Ghost Plus vs Ghost HP ?

I ask this because my friend said (i dont want to mention the brand) there is a Valve Volume differences between Long Version and Carbin Version, means that Carbin Version will impossible has the same power as Long Barrel.

Is this the same thing happen between Ghost Plus and Ghost HP ?
or all the Ghost version has the same Valve Volume ?

Same valve.

The varying power outputs are from combinations of: caliber, barrel length, reg pressure, hammer spring, hammer spring tension.

Edit: UK sub12 fpe versions may have a different valve, Ive got no direct experience there.

Last edited:
Same valve.

The varying power outputs are from combinations of: caliber, barrel length, reg pressure, hammer spring, hammer spring tension.

Edit: UK sub12 fpe versions may have a different valve, Ive got no direct experience there.

Now i've got Brk Ghost Plus .177

if i would like to upgrade to BRK Ghost High Power,

i need to order this kit :
- https://brocock.co.uk/product/brk-ghost-barrel-caliber-changing-kit/
- https://brocock.co.uk/product/spring-power-tuning-kit/

Do you have suggestion any other part i need to order besides the kit? for FAC tuning ?

Now i've got Brk Ghost Plus .177

if i would like to upgrade to BRK Ghost High Power,

i need to order this kit :
- https://brocock.co.uk/product/brk-ghost-barrel-caliber-changing-kit/
- https://brocock.co.uk/product/spring-power-tuning-kit/

Do you have suggestion any other part i need to order besides the kit? for FAC tuning ?

Yep, the barrel kit and spring kit should get you there.

As an example....about three weeks ago I was playing with a .22 Ghost HP that's putting out around 60fpe. I lent out my .177 barrel kit and just wanted to make sure everything was still in order with the .177 before I handed it off. So I caliber swapped and dropped the .22 Ghost HP down to 18-19fpe in .177. Once the physical parts for the .177 were swapped, it was mostly dripping the reg pressure that got me down to the roughly 1/3power output that it has been doing as a .22. I could have improved the efficiency/shot cycle by playing with different hammer springs, but it was mostly a quick and dirty testing situation, so I didn't go that in depth.

Reactions: Aristovertex
I have the .25 HP and a .177 carbine barrel. I dropped to a medium spring from the stock heavy. My reg is cranked up to about 170 bar but I can shoot .177 10.38gr pellets at 860 w/ the power wheel on 3, and .25 26.54gr pellets at 950+ just by swapping the barrels and adjusting the power wheel. No need to mess with reg pressure.

I have the .25 HP and a .177 carbine barrel. I dropped to a medium spring from the stock heavy. My reg is cranked up to about 170 bar but I can shoot .177 10.38gr pellets at 860 w/ the power wheel on 3, and .25 26.54gr pellets at 950+ just by swapping the barrels and adjusting the power wheel. No need to mess with reg pressure.

As I commented a few days ago, that's part of the beauty of the Ghost, various ways to produce the desired fps. And how we choose to get there offers peripheral benefits that allow other uses, or increase efficiency, or shot cycle, or etc.

Reactions: Aristovertex
...I was aboot complain aboot the Ghost right after I was aboot to praise it here behind the "Franklin Tune"...

...after increasing regulator pressure, I shot a string of 6 and saw 891 fps with an SD of 1.1...

...I thought that was awesome but too good to be true, so I shot another string and got 885 fps with SD of 2.4...I was like "huh"...

...so the next string came up at 870 fps and 4.9 SD...now I was like WFT...?!?...

...then I noted that the tank pressure was down to around 125 BAR, which is where I had set the regulator...
'
...and now the regulator shows around 100 BAR again...how did that happen...?!?...

...I figger I best charge the air tank...but why is the regulator so low...???...there is still more than 100 bar in the air tank...???...

EDIT: ...whatever the reason, it is back where I set it at with a bit of air pumped into the tank...

...I don't usually get to shoot this much at once...!!!... :p

...FWIW this is the first time this rifle has been charged in CT....I hope it doesn't miss that AZ air...

...14 shots after refill came in @ 895.8 and 2.3 SD...

Last edited: