• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Review

Rear sub-assembly removed in this photo.
View attachment 297424

The rear sub-assembly comes off all in one piece, with the buttplate and power wheel all together, but it is further disassembled in this photo. Solid chunk of billet aluminum right there.
View attachment 297418
Good luck at Mormon Lake (I'm an AoA member, but can't make this match). You and your Ghost will doubtless get a lot of attention. I've been shooting FT for just a couple of months (with a CR97) but hooked. I've been looking hard for a modern, all-mechanical, fully adjustable, non-FX, bullpup. This looks like a future classic. Thanks for the superb information.

Good luck at Mormon Lake (I'm an AoA member, but can't make this match). You and your Ghost will doubtless get a lot of attention. I've been shooting FT for just a couple of months (with a CR97) but hooked. I've been looking hard for a modern, all-mechanical, fully adjustable, non-FX, bullpup. This looks like a future classic. Thanks for the superb information.
Thank you!
I don't think I know you but please come introduce yourself the next time we're both at a match. My name is Cole (and to help you identify me, I'll probably be competing with this Ghost).
And I'll be sure to get this thing in your hands to do some shooting and generally take it for a spin.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
Thank you!
I don't think I know you but please come introduce yourself the next time we're both at a match. My name is Cole (and to help you identify me, I'll probably be competing with this Ghost).
And I'll be sure to get this thing in your hands to do some shooting and generally take it for a spin.
Thanks. I saw you there last month. I'm Scott, the newbie with so much upside potential. I'd prefer a compact gun. Given that, if I pulled the trigger on a Ghost for FT (possibly before I see you), which barrel length would you recommend?

Thanks. I saw you there last month. I'm Scott, the newbie with so much upside potential. I'd prefer a compact gun. Given that, if I pulled the trigger on a Ghost for FT (possibly before I see you), which barrel length would you recommend?
So, OAL on this configuration is 26 inches before you add a moderator and just a smidge past 30 inches with one of 0dbs shorter moderators. If you go back to post #22 you can compare it to the full length barreled DW version. Notice that DW doesn't have a moderator, it is just the shroud, and it's still got 3 or 4 more inches on the Ghost Carbine +moderator. Add a moderator to the end of that longer shroud and you won't have the compact gun that you're considering.

Although I don't know for sure if BRK is going to offer a .177 with a barrel as long as the one on the DW in that photo on post #22. If you're sole plan for the gun is field target, and you'd like to keep it compact, this Carbine configuration has a plenty long barrel, and the 300cc bottle is more than enoguh for <20fpe. And it'll save you $100 or so by going with the Carbine over the full length/big bottle guns.

Thanks Cole for all of your time and efforts on reviewing design, function and assembly of the guns you put thru the wringer! We all appreciate it more than you know!
Thx
Dan
Thanks Dan.

Yes it takes some time to do the testing and then document my findings, but I'm often stuck on a computer anyway, so it's a fun way for me to enjoy my hobby, while I otherwise can't enjoy my hobby.

Really though, we need to give Arzrover credit where it is due. As he stated in the other Ghost thread, he's had one for a couple months now, basically doing R&D. I saw the one he had for the first time in May or June, under the cover of darkness, literally. And asked him at that point to make it known to his industry contacts that I'd be interested in doing an extended review of it. I then got to shoot it, in .25 configuration, at the next months FT match (it wasn't too tough to keep them mostly within an inch on my little 4 inch cube gong at 100 yards if anybody is interested). That only made me want to review one even more. I was happy when they contacted me 5 or 6 weeks ago and asked if I'd still like to put it through the process.

Anyway, a large majority of the technical details shared here, concerning function, etc of the gun, are simply my regurgitation of Ghost knowledge passed on to me by Arzrover.
For example, he clarified to me, just a few hrs ago via text, that the hammer stroke adjustments that I covered in post #23 are the coarse adjustments, but there is also finer adjustments to hammer travel within the hammer itself. (LOTS of adjustment and tuning capabilities in these Ghosts!!!) But, that's just an example of yet another piece of valuable information he has shared. He deserves recognition for his role in this, walking me through the function of the Ghost that has thus far and will continually be shared.

Last edited:
Subconjunto traseiro removido nesta foto.
View attachment 297424

O subconjunto traseiro sai de uma só peça, com a placa de apoio e a roda de força todos juntos, mas é ainda desmontado nesta foto. Um pedaço sólido de alumínio de tarugo ali mesmo.
View attachment 297418
Bom dia, primeiramente parabéns pelo post, poderia descrever o martelo utilizado nele, fotos e medidas e peso, desde já agradeço.

I'm 99.9% sure its an AR grip and Jared misspoke in his AoA video... Its the same basic frame as the Delta Wolf which takes an AR grip.
The MidWest Elite Airguns high capacity magazines for the Delta will fit the Ghost...
Incorrect...
It...IS...the AK style grip. !
The upper area (against the receiver) gives it away !

Mike

Reactions: Centercut
I thought it would come with a balanced valve like this, with which parts can be changed depending on the caliber, apparently they are still far from good internal ballistics...
US20210293509A1-20210923-D00000.TIF_800x800.jpg

So, OAL on this configuration is 26 inches before you add a moderator and just a smidge past 30 inches with one of 0dbs shorter moderators. If you go back to post #22 you can compare it to the full length barreled DW version. Notice that DW doesn't have a moderator, it is just the shroud, and it's still got 3 or 4 more inches on the Ghost Carbine +moderator. Add a moderator to the end of that longer shroud and you won't have the compact gun that you're considering.

Although I don't know for sure if BRK is going to offer a .177 with a barrel as long as the one on the DW in that photo on post #22. If you're sole plan for the gun is field target, and you'd like to keep it compact, this Carbine configuration has a plenty long barrel, and the 300cc bottle is more than enoguh for <20fpe. And it'll save you $100 or so by going with the Carbine over the full length/big bottle guns.
Franklink. Would you do me a favor and ask arzrover what the reg pressure is on the 25? Just trying to compare loosely with my m3 25

I have a couple questions about some of the pictures posted. It looks like there is lube on the actual hammer. Is this the case? It seems like this would affect consistency.

Also, have you looked at the bafles? I'm curious what style they are.

Thanks again for the super thorough review!
Seems like there was some lube on the hammer but it also hasn't created any problems with consistency. While I was in there a few weeks ago I qtipped off the excess. I know common knowledge on the forums says to not have lube on hammer, and maybe that's the case with some guns, but it's been 10-12fps spreads at worst (some single digits) every time and tune so far with this gun. Shooting my 10-55 dope literally right now and when I come back to a distance the holdover is identical so seems to still be at the same fps. Started this session by putting about 10 shots over the Chrono and they were all @ 880-885, just like they were the last time I shot it. First shot was 882. I think it had sat, unshot, since Weds or so.

Not much in the way of baffles in this short shroud, just on cone at the end, maybe longer shrouded versions have more?
PXL_20220928_051514073.jpg
PXL_20220928_051523673.jpg

Carbon fiber shroud walls are 0.065 inches thick. Pretty thick.
PXL_20220928_052456721.jpg

PXL_20220928_051452191.jpg

The Carbine version that I have needs a moderator threaded onto shroud. Too loud (for me) without it.

Reactions: Gear_Junkie
Franklink. Would you do me a favor and ask arzrover what the reg pressure is on the 25? Just trying to compare loosely with my m3 25
Here's a quote from him that he shared on the other Ghost thread, regarded reg pressure.

"To expound on the last question, it shares the plenum arrangement and size with the DW/AW so it's MUCH more volume than the Sniper. Getting power at lower pressure will not be a problem. At 147 bar, I'm able to send 22 MRDs at 940 or 25 King Heavies at 900 with no problem. I'm not really interested in slugs, so can't answer questions about that."

Thank you so much for the pictures and your thoughts on the hammer lube. The consistency sure sounds really good, so it doesn't seem like an issue. I'm also happy about the air stripper and the nice thick CF tube. This looks to be a well built field gun suitable for field use.

Is the threading on the end of the barrel 1/2x20?

After everything you've posted so far, this really looks like it's going to be my next rig with .177 and .22 barrels. (I'm just going to have to save quite a bit ; ) ) It just looks so well thought out. I'm hoping that it's fairly easy to maintain/disassemble in typical Daystate/Brocock fashion, without a ton of O-rings and tiny parts like some of FX's rigs.

The threading on the barrel is not 1/2x20. I was hoping it would be too, for the option of no shroud. But no, it's a finer thread. I may get out thread gauges the next time I'm in it to see what they actually are, but it's likely a moot point since it's for sure not 1/2x20.

The disassembly that I have so far done has been straight forward and relatively simple. Although I have not gone in the "block" where the regulator lives.

Bom dia, primeiramente parabéns pelo post, poderia descrever o martelo utilizado nele, fotos e medidas e peso, desde já agradeço.
Obrigado Fernando. Desculpa por meu Portuguese, faz bastante tempo (20 anos) desde que eu tenho falado ele mucho.

Infelizmente, nao posso te ajudar com os medidas de martelo, nem o peso, simples por que nao tenho removado lo ainda.

Eventualmente, talvez eu chegara ao ponto de inspecionar o martelo, e despois, vou compartilhar o que eu aprendo sobre ele.

Obrigado Fernanda. desculpa por meu português, faz bastante tempo (20 anos) desde que eu tenho falado ele mucho.

não posso te ajudar com as medidas de martelo, nem o peso, simples por que não tenho remoção lo ainda.

Provavelmente, eu chegará ao ponto de inspecionar o martelo, e depois, vou compartilhar o que eu aprendo sobre ele.
Obrigado Franklink, quando puder se possível me passa as informações, pode ser fotos dele mesmo.