• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Review

That was somewhat the idea when I made the external trigger-specific post a week or so ago.

Because I've gone from a 19fpe .177, a nearly 50fpe .22, and a .20 (various fpe), it'd be really tough to condense it into a sticky, take home message, sort of thing. Basically, many miles covered. I suppose I could filter out the match results and performance, but that is also part of my Ghost experience, and it seems appropriate as part of the entire process.

I understand that the length is cumbersome. Picking what to remove would be my challenge in trying to summarize. I guess I'm just long-winded.
We enjoy your long winded in depth reviews and info. Its so helpful to so many, both with the ghost, the redwolf and others. We all appreciate it more than can be expressed.

Received my Ghost .22 Plus yesterday and am excited to take it out for a test run this weekend. This is my first PCP gun and hope to like airguns. I have many different rifles / guns and have been shooting for over 30 years, but would be nice to have a plinker gun I can shoot at the house.

Not thinking about the gun being a bullpup rifle, it is very backend heavy and surprised me at first but it makes since with what is all located in the rear of the rifle.

I added the 0db moderator, PRS bag rider, extended rail and placed a Arken 4-16x scope on top. Only other option I might choose is to either cut the cocking lever by one notch or to get the PRS cocking lever since it is a little low, but will give the original a run for a few months to see if it gets in the way at all when actually shooting.

Oh and yes I am a lefty and am glad to see BRK truly having an ambidextrous bullpup rifle :)

Ghost01.1.jpg

Chad

(Edit: just remembered I shot some with it on the 16th, bout 2 weeks ago, so hasn't been quite as long as I thought).

Haven't shot the Ghost since that last FT match 3 weeks ago. Probably the longest I've gone without shooting in 14 months. I've just been busy with other airgun projects and work and life.

But did get curious while I was in the gunroom today....."wonder if the reg pressure has changed at all?"

Nope, right at 128 bar, just like it was the last time I shot it, and for months prior to that.
PXL_20231202_004639131.jpg

As this has always been a general info source for Ghosts, thought I'd share this from Philip H. (@DeadEyeNC ).

He vinyl wrapped his wife's Ghost. I checked out Amazon and every color under the sun can be had. For most colors looks like 1ftx5ft for around $10. I assume that's more than enough to wrap the mono block like Philip and his wife did.

Pretty cheap way to get any color Ghost that you want. YouTube videos for how-to apply vinyl wrap. Looks sharp on her gun. Longevity? Dunno, but if it comes off in a year? it was only $10 to begin with.

Just thought it cool and wanted to share. (Credit and thanks to @DeadEyeNC for the neat idea!)

Screenshot_20231210-200225.png

Thanks!
It takes a little practice to apply the vinyl without bubbles or creases, but it's one solution to add some non-permanent color.
I recommend a 90% alcohol, a heat gun and lots of sharp x-acto blades. And some patience of course!

I completely disassembled the gun for this application.

Thanks!
It takes a little practice to apply the vinyl without bubbles or creases, but it's one solution to add some non-permanent color.
I recommend a 90% alcohol, a heat gun and lots of sharp x-acto blades. And some patience of course!

I completely disassembled the gun for this application.
Good luck to her with her new weapon!

So I did a little CAD designing today, and look what came about!

A little Christmas present for you guys... 🎄🎅🦌

It's a shortened BRK Ghost cocking handle, so you can extend your trigger finger and/or operate the safety without the handle being in the way...:)

The look and feel is nearly identical to Daystate's original that is used on the BRK, I only made it a little shorter.
There are two sizes, one for regular trigger fingers, and one for regular and sausage fingers!

BRK Shorter cocking handle.jpg
BRK Shorter cocking handle VERY SHORT.jpg
IMG_3667.JPEG

IMG_3669.JPEG

Print with PLA+ (or PETG or ABS or a carbon reinforced filament) and use 3mm wall thickness so there is enough strength and flesh to tap an M4 thread into the vertical hole. Then use original hexscrew to fix it to the sidelever.

You can find the files here:

Merry Christmas! 🎅

Reactions: pierceg and rc4fun
@MartinT VERY cool.

Tell us about your magazine holders.
Thanks!
The magazine holder is another thingy I made (I have an OCD need for mag holders on (nearly) all of my airguns...:LOL:)
It's basically a simple box shape with very strong neodyne magnets embedded into it, so the mags are held (very firm) magnetically in place. The holders are on both sides of my Ghost, but since there was unfortunately no feasible way of getting them to interconnect to my liking, the concession I had to make was to fix them with black double sided tape.
BRK Mag holders.jpg
IMG_3675.JPEG

I did some work on the shrouding too, when I bought the Ghost it was a "plus" version, but I wanted even more compactness. So swapped the 480 bottle for a 300cc, and then I made a "Carbine" shroud, which decreased the length by about another 6.5 centimeters. Next I tried to go even shorter, So I removed the airstripper, and used an M14x1to1/2UNF adapter and used a Weihrauch (HW) silencer.
Since the bare barrel with adapter and HW looked very ghetto like, I also made a shroud for that combo, which is currently on the Ghost. This is the quietest combo of them all. (the other is with the 40mm HUMA as shown in the picture below, it is also very quiet but since the HUMA is a .25 caliber the HW has the edge and is just a tiny little more quiet)
IMG_3677.JPEG
IMG_3678.JPEG

The carbine with 40mm HUMA silencer: And with 30mm HUMA Avalanche inserts (noisier):
IMG_3222.JPEG
IMG_3232.JPEG

The quiestest option (HW silencer): And HW shrouded:
IMG_3345.JPEG
IMG_3346.JPEG

I figured that part of the accuracy was the airstripper, but removing it made no difference at all to my surprise.

The "plus" shroud is a bit noisier than the "carbine" one, as you get quite a bit of report from the air venting via the rear of the shroud. This is less on the carbine (the contrary of what you would expect), and non existing on the shroud with the adapter, as there is no air venting to the rear (duh!)

Handling wise, I would say that the Carbine 40mm HUMA version is just a tiny little bit better for off hand standing shooting than with the HW shroud, as there is a little more weight in the front to make it a tad more balanced. But this is splitting hairs.

And then of course there are the Godzillaghost and the Uberghost as well... ;)

IMG_3174.JPEG
IMG_3191(1).JPEG

...But those are more just there to impress the ladies I guess...:LOL:

Last edited:
Hi all I’m new to AGN , I have recently bought a BRK Ghost .22 Plus. So I am just getting into it, I have the full power version which you need a firearm certificate for in the uk. First impressions are it is seriously loud so I am already machining an adapter 14x1mm to the 1/2” unf thread on my suppressor. Like you I will make new shroud to make it all neat. I was hoping for some advice regarding settings for regulator and hammer spring tension. I will be using the rifle hunting rabbits and other vermin. So my target is to use around 18grn pellets running at around 900 ft/sec. So any advice or experience would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi all I’m new to AGN , I have recently bought a BRK Ghost .22 Plus. So I am just getting into it, I have the full power version which you need a firearm certificate for in the uk. First impressions are it is seriously loud so I am already machining an adapter 14x1mm to the 1/2” unf thread on my suppressor. Like you I will make new shroud to make it all neat. I was hoping for some advice regarding settings for regulator and hammer spring tension. I will be using the rifle hunting rabbits and other vermin. So my target is to use around 18grn pellets running at around 900 ft/sec. So any advice or experience would be gratefully appreciated.
Start with 140 bar and power wheel dial at 5. Increase dial to reach your FPS.

Chronograph and go from there. Take/keep notes.

If it's excessively loud, my first thought is too fast for the projectile. I agree that 900 with 18.1s should be a pretty happy place.

Reactions: Solo1
My carbine, Buster‘s reg is at 120 PW 16. Averaging 870 FPS with 18’s….I was hunting with @Franklink and he can tell you how accurate Buster was…I am in the group where accuracy trumps speed any time.

Tony P
Yea i was gonna say 140 would be too high as when i switched from the 25 to the 22 barrel at 140 18’s were over 1000 at pw 1

Oops just noticed its a + my numbers are for the 600mm barrel

In the last fading light of the day I decided that I wanted to shoot the Ghost a bit this evening. It didn't start with any other intentions than wanting to shoot, but somehow became a pretty raw comparison between moderators added onto the shroud. . Not sure any final conclusions can be made, but it was fun, and that's what I needed.

So it turned into 4 "cards" at 100 yards, and 1x10 shot group on its own page. First three were with .20/15.89 JSBs, 4th card was with .20/18.9 NSA slugs, and that stand-alone 10 shot group was also with the slugs.

I'll present them in the order they were shot. This is all my standard process, shoot a couple sighters if I feel they're necessary, then everything else on the page is consecutive "counted" shots (25 in a row or 30 in a row).

First was the Hugget Atom. Scored an EBR 216. The average size of the 5x5 shot groups was 1.56" or 1.41MOA.
atom.jpg

Next was an @OldSpook Ember. Really cool little 3d printed moderator, I think resin but I know very little about 3d printing. Changes the sound tone in a very unique way. Not sure it's quieter, as far as DBs go, but definitely a different pitch. First group here was the upper left and it put all 5 into 0.64"!!! Same exact impact point as the Huggett Atom on the previous card. Middle right has four shots in that torn hole just to the right of the ten ring. Take the 5 highest of the six and it's an EBR score of 231, but that's cheating a bit. Averaging out the 6 groups it comes out as 45.66, and then x5 would make it an EBR 228, which is a bit more honest way of doing it when there's 6 groups. Average of the 6x5 shot groups is 1.35", or 1.29MOA.
ember.jpg

3rd was just the shroud, no moderator. Again no sighters here. And again, point of impact going where it should. I was surprised by this, usually swapping mods or removing a moderator will shift the poi around. If cherrypicking the best 5 of the 6 here it's also a 231, but more honestly the 6 groups average a 45.66 again, or a 228 EBR score. The 6x5 shot groups average 0.95", or 0.92MOA. And yes, that is a 1/4" inch, 5 shot group at 100 yards in the middle left, granted it doesn't look like 5 holes, but shots 4 and 5 pushed their way through without cutting any more paper. The sounds of those two shots hitting the paper had that greatly reduced slap that we get when the pellet hits a hole that's already been cut. Many guys would show only that 1/4" group and say they've got a 0.2387MOA @ 100 yards gun....but I'm more realistic than that, so you see them all.
no mod.jpg

Fourth card was a switch to the 18.9grain NSA slugs, and continued without any moderator here.
Light was really fading fast by now and I could just barely see the holes in the beginning and lost enough light to be able to see them at all sometime in that first (upper left) bull. I shot the sighters (bottom right) first and saw that they were low so I gave it a couple clicks and ended up being high throughout the rest of the card. I was just trying to aim on what I thought I could see as the middle of the target on most of this card. The average of the 5x5 was just a hair over MOA.
slugs.jpg

And finally, the 10 shot group of slugs. This target was already out at 100 so I shot at it, but just didn't have enough light to see to finish out the 25 or 30 shots, and I didn't feel like getting the artificial lights out. Just held middle, near as I could for all 10 shots. Ended up at 10 into 1.5", 9 into 1.15" and 7 into 0.8'
slugsx10.jpg

All in all an enjoyable 110 shots downrange. I've been doing some testing with a different gun and some days that thing will shoot lights out and other days it's a struggle. I start to doubt myself when guns are behaving like that so it was really reassuring to set the other gun aside and sit back down with the Ghost this evening and see that I could make pellets and slugs go where I wanted them to, mostly.

In the last fading light of the day I decided that I wanted to shoot the Ghost a bit this evening. It didn't start with any other intentions than wanting to shoot, but somehow became a pretty raw comparison between moderators added onto the shroud. . Not sure any final conclusions can be made, but it was fun, and that's what I needed.

So it turned into 4 "cards" at 100 yards, and 1x10 shot group on its own page. First three were with .20/15.89 JSBs, 4th card was with .20/18.9 NSA slugs, and that stand-alone 10 shot group was also with the slugs.

I'll present them in the order they were shot. This is all my standard process, shoot a couple sighters if I feel they're necessary, then everything else on the page is consecutive "counted" shots (25 in a row or 30 in a row).

First was the Hugget Atom. Scored an EBR 216. The average size of the 5x5 shot groups was 1.56" or 1.41MOA.
View attachment 420582

Next was an @OldSpook Ember. Really cool little 3d printed moderator, I think resin but I know very little about 3d printing. Changes the sound tone in a very unique way. Not sure it's quieter, as far as DBs go, but definitely a different pitch. First group here was the upper left and it put all 5 into 0.64"!!! Same exact impact point as the Huggett Atom on the previous card. Middle right has four shots in that torn hole just to the right of the ten ring. Take the 5 highest of the six and it's an EBR score of 231, but that's cheating a bit. Averaging out the 6 groups it comes out as 45.66, and then x5 would make it an EBR 228, which is a bit more honest way of doing it when there's 6 groups. Average of the 6x5 shot groups is 1.35", or 1.29MOA.
View attachment 420583

3rd was just the shroud, no moderator. Again no sighters here. And again, point of impact going where it should. I was surprised by this, usually swapping mods or removing a moderator will shift the poi around. If cherrypicking the best 5 of the 6 here it's also a 231, but more honestly the 6 groups average a 45.66 again, or a 228 EBR score. The 6x5 shot groups average 0.95", or 0.92MOA. And yes, that is a 1/4" inch, 5 shot group at 100 yards in the middle left, granted it doesn't look like 5 holes, but shots 4 and 5 pushed their way through without cutting any more paper. The sounds of those two shots hitting the paper had that greatly reduced slap that we get when the pellet hits a hole that's already been cut. Many guys would show only that 1/4" group and say they've got a 0.2387MOA @ 100 yards gun....but I'm more realistic than that, so you see them all.
View attachment 420584

Fourth card was a switch to the 18.9grain NSA slugs, and continued without any moderator here.
Light was really fading fast by now and I could just barely see the holes in the beginning and lost enough light to be able to see them at all sometime in that first (upper left) bull. I shot the sighters (bottom right) first and saw that they were low so I gave it a couple clicks and ended up being high throughout the rest of the card. I was just trying to aim on what I thought I could see as the middle of the target on most of this card. The average of the 5x5 was just a hair over MOA.
View attachment 420585

And finally, the 10 shot group of slugs. This target was already out at 100 so I shot at it, but just didn't have enough light to see to finish out the 25 or 30 shots, and I didn't feel like getting the artificial lights out. Just held middle, near as I could for all 10 shots. Ended up at 10 into 1.5", 9 into 1.15" and 7 into 0.8'
View attachment 420586

All in all an enjoyable 110 shots downrange. I've been doing some testing with a different gun and some days that thing will shoot lights out and other days it's a struggle. I start to doubt myself when guns are behaving like that so it was really reassuring to set the other gun aside and sit back down with the Ghost this evening and see that I could make pellets and slugs go where I wanted them to, mostly.
So .20 cal what speed were you pushing them at?