• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Review

You are correct, the daystate has 4 screws and the ghost has 3. Weird because I thought the ghost was pretty much a delta wolf sans electronics 🤷‍♂️
I apologize if my comments about how the Ghost is an electronic-free Delta has caused problems. I was not aware of the 4 versus 3 screw situation on the trigger guard/underrail.

I know for a fact that magazines, barrels, probes, and valves are cross-compatible between Delta and Ghost, and it should hold true that shrouds are as well. There are likely other parts that are also (scope tower?, trigger pad?, bottle? regulator, reg gauge, etc).

It's been shown that grips are NOT. And now we see that the underrail also is NOT.

Reactions: Smitty911
I apologize if my comments about how the Ghost is an electronic-free Delta has caused problems. I was not aware of the 4 versus 3 screw situation on the trigger guard/underrail.

I know for a fact that magazines, barrels, probes, and valves are cross-compatible between Delta and Ghost, and it should hold true that shrouds are as well. There are likely other parts that are also (scope tower?, trigger pad?, bottle? regulator, reg gauge, etc).

It's been shown that grips are NOT. And now we see that the underrail also is NOT.
@Franklink - hope that apology was not directed at me because, in my mind, none was needed. We're all learning about the Ghost and I, for one, appreciate all the valuable information you have provided.

@Franklink - hope that apology was not directed at me because, in my mind, none was needed. We're all learning about the Ghost and I, for one, appreciate all the valuable information you have provided.
No sir, just a general apology. I hate putting out inaccurate information and hold myself to not do so (intentionally at least).

Reactions: Erdb
The Ghost in Competition (thus far)

I had the opportunity to shoot the Ghost at another Xtreme Field Target match this past Saturday. The winds were pretty stiff, double digits at times, with gusts up to 20mph. Here is the match report for anyone interested: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/xft-at-prgc-on-02-25-2023-match-results.1285261/

Ghost was good for 3rd place this month, somehow medaling with what I thought was a pretty poor performance on my part. During the match I felt like I was doing horribly but turned out most of the competitors were also struggling to get reads on the wind. I was quite surprised to come out with a third place finish. Despite the wind being so strong, I think I was overcompensating and actually holding too much for the wind. I say that based on greatly reducing my hold off on my last lane and going 4/4 on that lane. I'd started out well, having a streak of hits that was something like 11 in a row there at the beginning but gradually started increasing my hold off and my hit ratio went down as I held further and further for the far targets. Eventually resulting in my frustration with that gameplan on the last lane and reducing holdoff to minimal and having a "clean" lane. That miss free run in the beginning is what got me the 3rd place medal though, as there was a 3 way tie for third and we did the standard default of using that to break the tie. I don't remember ever missing the faceplate though, at least drawing steel on all my shots, so none were too far from that kill zone. The trend of the Ghost doing well in the offhand lane continued, as I went 3/4 this month. Of the 15 competitors, 5 shot 75% on the offhand lane. Ghost was 100% on offhand lane at the Jan XFT match and 75% at the November XFT match. So in the offhand lane, more of the same this month, Ghost ergonomics lending well to being shot offhand, and holding it's own on the forced offhand lanes.

Ghost was still in HP configuration, shooting the .22/25.4gr Monster RDs at a very consistent 935-940fps for just under 50fpe. I've not done any tinkering or adjusting since the November match so we're going on a little over 3 months and it's been stable/reliable/dependable in poi/fps/accuracy throughout that timeframe. I was squadded with Wes (high pellet score competitor) and in conversation during the match told him that I personally just don't have any patience for a gun that can't be trusted in all of those regards.

Competition summary for the Ghost, up to this point:
  • October 2022-Founder Cup Match sub 20fpe field target match with Airgunners of Arizona Club @ national forest south of Flagstaff, AZ
    • 47/48 with the .177 Carbine barrel, shooting 10.34s @ just under 900fps (high score that match was a 47/48
    • 1st place in Freestyle Class (bumbag and harness "Open" class style but used laser rangefinder for distances)
  • November 2022-Monthly sub 20fpe field target match with Airgunners of Arizona Club @ Ben Avery shooting facility (north of PHX Metro area)
    • 39/48 with the. 177 Carbine barrel shooting 10.34s @ just under 900fps (high score that match was a 43/48
    • 4th place in Hunter Class
  • November 2022-Monthly Xtreme Field Target (XFT) match at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club (PRGC), night match (100fpe limit, out to 100 yards)
    • 40/48 with the 23 inch .22 barrel shooting .22/25.4grain MRDs at 935-940
    • 3rd place in pellet class (high airgun score this match was a 43/48)
  • January 2023-Monthly XFT match at PRGC, evening match
    • 39/48 with the 23 inch .22 barrel shooting .22/25.4grain MRDs at 935-940
    • 2nd place in pellet class (high airgun score this match was a 41/48)
  • February 2023-Monthly XFT match at PRGC, afternoon match
    • 33/48 with the 23 inch .22 barrel shooting .22/25.4grain MRDs at 935-940
    • 3rd place in pellet class (high airgun score this match was a 38/48)

So, the Ghost has "medaled" in 4 of the 5 matches that I've campaigned it in. Generally speaking, the Ghost continues to show that it can hold it's own in competition against the industry's most well respected platforms.
PXL_20230228_043812839.jpg
PXL_20230228_043608438.jpg

Yeah, but lets not forget the the person behind the trigger either😳...

Tony P.
Ahh the philosophical arrow or indian.....I'm trying hard not to get baited into it but....cant resist so I'll go with just the following simple statement: The pellets won't go where they should if the gun's not up to snuff, no matter the skill level of the trigger puller.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Nice shooting, @Franklink !!
Really wish we could have made it.

On the differences between the Ghost and DW, I also had not noticed the trigger guard... interesting ... On looking at it, the Ghost also has the pin wrench type fill adapter that's used on other Brococks. Can't understand why they use that since the hex wrench style fits in the same space.

Nice shooting, @Franklink !!
Really wish we could have made it.

On the differences between the Ghost and DW, I also had not noticed the trigger guard... interesting ... On looking at it, the Ghost also has the pin wrench type fill adapter that's used on other Brococks. Can't understand why they use that since the hex wrench style fits in the same space.
Thanks Bob. I would have liked to have seen you and Sandy at the match but I don't think I'd be crowing about medaling this past weekend had you two been there!

We struggle with the wind too... 😉
Your consistency is pretty incredible... even with the supposed occasional trigger yanks. Wes is really stepping up these days 💪👊
You probably would have had more competition from 5Power...😁
Wes has turned into a really tough guy to beat! I believe he was first in the .22 class (Sportsman) at American Field Target at EBR in the fall, and he was first for two of the 3 matches I commented above on medaling with the Ghost, November and Feb. 5X Barb beat me in January, she's tough to beat too.

Got a Euro dove @ 187 with the Ghost just now. Took me 5 or six shots though, he was hearing my misses slap the brush behind him but wasn't alarmed enough to skedaddle.

Strelok was telling me 107 clicks (35-40yard zero) but first couple shots went high and wide. Took it down to 100 clicks and about 3 mils of wind hold off to connect. Fell off the fence doing the wings flapping and just rolling thing they do when it's a head or high chest hit. Can't claim the vitals shot was intentional though, not at that distance.

Strelok says the .22/25.4 gr MRD would have still been doing about 585fps and have around 19fpe left. Seemed plenty by the effect it had on mister collared dove. (Muzzle fps of 940 for about 50fpe).

Hey Frank, do you have list of O rings for the Ghost. Mine is leaking 100 bar in 24 hours. My search has not turned up a schematic or list. I will call AoA in the morning to see if they have them.
I'm sorry to have to tell you that I don't know any of the sizes of the orings in the Ghost. The only oring I've messed with was the missing oring that centers the barrel in the chassis.

Can you hear this leak? Air coming out the barrel or elsewhere? Where I'm going with this is wondering if it could possibly be the same valve problem that I had with the valve that came in the super early production Ghost review gun that I've been working with. Seems like I remember you also got one of the very first Ghosts....In my case, AOA supplied a complete valve and the replacement hasn't repeated the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I can't hear any air and it is not coming out of the barrel. It had air last Monday when I shot it. When I finished it had gone off the regulator and had 130 bar when I put it up. The regulator is set at 150. Yesterday it was empty, so filled it and shot 110 rounds, filled it to 200 bar at four P.M. and this morning it was down to 130 bar. What was your valve doing that it had to be replaced? I see your gun is 0013 and mine is 0017.

.....What was your valve doing that it had to be replaced? I see your gun is 0013 and mine is 0017.
It dumped all the air, twice. The first time was after I'd done some tuning one evening, came back the day after and it was completely empty. The second time was, again, after I'd degassed to bring the reg pressure down. Rescrewed in the bottle and it was dumping air. I heard/noticed it this time. Opening the side lever would change the sound of the leak, since it was a main valve leak and dumping air into the barrel.

Valve replacement and hasn't done it again. Still need to get the leaker valve to the Daystate ART team member that's always helping me out. Theyre wanting to see if they can figure out the reason for the leak.

Question on Ghost barrel cleaning. Does anyone remove the barrel when cleaning it? I have only been using a patch worm and alternating between a little ballistol on a patch and dry patches. However, I leave the barrel on gun and pull from breech towards front. I’m getting the barrel clean without plastic brush but wondered if others do it differently and why?