BRK Ghost patent issue?

I saw the following on a Dutch airgun site . Was this already discussed here? ( could not find such ).
IMG_3606.png

Yep, was discussed about 7-8 months ago.

Short version, original design of the hammer spring tension adjustment was similar to FX. Not identical, but the claim was that they were similar enough that FX made something if it. And because of that, BRK upgraded to a better design, rather than fight a legal battle.

I'vs used both designs. They both accomplish the goal of incrementally and repeatably adjusting the hammer tension, but the current/upgraded design feels a bit smoother, and offers an additional fixing bolt. Ie, upgraded wheel design is smoother and holds the rear subframe to the rest of the gun more securely.

Other than the additional bolt, the main difference was that the original design was a sort of corkscrewed ramp (think threads on a screw) while the current one is a worm drive. (Potato puhtahto, but such it is when lawyers get involved).

(Working through some mental images, the newer wheel might have more rear hammer spring support than the OG, as in a longer rear guide, but don't hold me to that, it's been months since I've been in that part of the gun).

☝️This.
FX shot themselves in the foot again by going after a fellow airgun company complaining of “
possible” copyright infringements. Daystate took the high road and redesigned it for the better. Now FX has another direct competitor to the impact. Put it in the right marksmans hands, and believe me, it’s winning competitions!

Is it that similar? I am a newb, so I have no idea, however, I feel like a lot of the impactish looking rifles look, feel and shoot about the same. I’ve always loved my life by the rule of “if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t tryin” lol
I think FX was intimidated by this brocock offering, and tried their best to delay it. It didn’t work. Lol

The adjustable hammer spring has been used in a good number of airguns for a LONG time before FX started using it or even existed, and in a few configurations, so for them to be able to patent it is questionable BUT IF there is something unique about the way they have, I don't see it.
Regardless, as mentioned above, I'm glad they decided to redesign it and work out the patent issues separately. My Ghost is awesome because it can switch between projectile and power easily and doesn't need a battery but I still prefer my Delta... everything is so much easier with it...
Bob