BRK Ghost Carbine, first 3 minute impression

I was just telling my wife about this thread, and the different reactions to the minor alignment issues. She asked me what I thought and I told her, you know me I can find flaws in almost anything except you dear :giggle: . After a short cold stare her comment was. If you bought a $2000 dollar PB would you be happy with miss aligned parts? I know the answer to that.

Good information here - much appreciated

FYI, for those interested....the max length for any slug or pellet in the Ghost is 11mm or .433.

Fo me, that was the deal breaker and I really wanted one.....AVS doesn't even make a Boat-Tail slug that short. Wouldn't mind swapping the barrel for a non-chocked LW poly barrel.....Really nice gun with such limited capability in regard to projectile selection. sucks. & I don't shoot pellets. Hell, my Taipan Vet shoots 48gr BTs and they're .485, .....glad I ask before buying one

Reactions: Hornclayton
Good information here - much appreciated

FYI, for those interested....the max length for any slug or pellet in the Ghost is 11mm or .433.

Fo me, that was the deal breaker and I really wanted one.....AVS doesn't even make a Boat-Tail slug that short. Wouldn't mind swapping the barrel for a non-chocked LW poly barrel.....Really nice gun with such limited capability in regard to projectile selection. sucks. & I don't shoot pellets. Hell, my Taipan Vet shoots 48gr BTs and they're .485, .....glad I ask before buying one
That 11mm must be WITH magazine use?

I ask because there's enough room in that magazine gap to load an 8.84mm long .22 JSB MRD without any trouble, making the turn and all, one-handed, and lefty at that (I'm right-handed). This is single-feed though.

I was just telling my wife about this thread, and the different reactions to the minor alignment issues. She asked me what I thought and I told her, you know me I can find flaws in almost anything except you dear :giggle: . After a short cold stare her comment was. If you bought a $2000 dollar PB would you be happy with miss aligned parts? I know the answer to that.
Kinda hits the nail on the head. With all the CNC machines today, there is no reason why parts can't be made to fit and align, especially on the higher priced hole punchers. It's easier to just accept the cosmetic flaws, when it's not YOUR newest toy. I don't expect box store quality when I pay top dollar.

Reactions: Off Kilter
That 11mm must be WITH magazine use?

I ask because there's enough room in that magazine gap to load an 8.84mm long .22 JSB MRD without any trouble, making the turn and all, one-handed, and lefty at that (I'm right-handed). This is single-feed though.

Correct - I ask for max length for pellets/slugs capacity using the magazine

12:01 PM (2 hours ago)
to KMoses6080
Hello Keith

Thank you for your email.

All Ghost barrels are choked and not available unchoked.
The maximum length for a slug or pellet is 11 millimetre

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Hannah Talbot

Personal Assistant To The Director

Reactions: Richieg
We would like to see some pictures from @MikeVV . It seems unfair to accuse someone of something without any supporting evidence.

Sharing pictures is extremely easy. Simply take a picture using your phone, click the image button, select the picture, and Post Reply.

IMG_2602.jpg

Probably a case of multiple companies making parts for them. A downside of farming most of the process out.
THATS no excuse. The parts they make have dimensions, IF made to those dimensions it should fit perfectly. THAT excuse may work on a box store 200.00$ PCP, but on a 2000.00$+ PCP ? BE HONEST, would you expect any less on a new car, it runs great, but because of the parts farming out, its just what it is as far as quality and fitting together?

THATS no excuse. The parts they make have dimensions, IF made to those dimensions it should fit perfectly. THAT excuse may work on a box store 200.00$ PCP, but on a 2000.00$+ PCP ? BE HONEST, would you expect any less on a new car, it runs great, but because of the parts farming out, its just what it is as far as quality and fitting together?
Again lots of speculation as to fitment… on page 3 of this thread @spinj posted an image of his Ghost and stated what he thinks about the “fitment”.
To contradict the OP’s assessment of his rifle, here’s my Ghost Carbine with the latest power wheel and build quality is superb—very high-quality materials and no stupid plastic trigger blade (that cheapens the gun) like on some of the Eastern Bloc bullpups. Fit and finish on my Ghost is 👌. It is built like a fifth-generation jet fighter.

View attachment 314423
This post alone should’ve dissuaded those knocking the figment of bad “fitment” on the Ghost… which is based exactly on what? The OP‘s initial comments or, their handling of a Ghost?