• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Carbine, first 3 minute impression

To contradict the OP’s assessment of his rifle, here’s my Ghost Carbine with the latest power wheel and build quality is superb—very high-quality materials and no stupid plastic trigger blade (that cheapens the gun) like on some of the Eastern Bloc bullpups. Fit and finish on my Ghost is 👌. It is built like a fifth-generation jet fighter.

View attachment 314423
There is a clear color difference between the rear section and the middle section.

It's just a different color. From my first impression I've considered it the color scheme BRK chose to go with

All five pic rails are also black. So is the cocking lever if I remember right. From memory, seems like basically everything that isn't the monoblock is anodized black, and the monoblock is gray.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGunShooter
The monoblock is purposely painted titanium per the statements of some of the reviewers on YouTube. I think I've seen one video in which Tony Belas of Daystate appeared and said so as well. I think it's a great touch, and I like that they went with this decision as it allows the rifle to have a subtle, two-tone color and provide a nice contrast to differentiate itself in a sea of tactical rifles saturating the current market with such mono-colored, all-black schemes.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
The monoblock is purposely painted titanium per the statements of some of the reviewers on YouTube. I think I've seen one video in which Tony Belas of Daystate appeared and said so as well. I think it's a great touch, and I like that they went with this decision as it allows the rifle to have a subtle, two-tone color and provide a nice contrast to differentiate itself in a sea of tactical rifles saturating the current market with such mono-colored, all-black schemes.
I was not criticizing, just observing. Trying to understand what problem with finish the OP may have seen. My personal preference would be it all matched, or perhaps be so different as to contrast, totally different color, but that is such a small thing it would not play a role in my choosing to buy the gun (which I do intend to do someday).

It's not just the color that is slightly mismatched. Look at the bottom trigger guard piece below the trigger. The lines don't match up suggesting it's not an all in house production. It's as though that piece was made elsewhere and fitment is just so-so. I'm not saying it isn't a nice rifle just wouldn't call it world class!!
Gotta remember that this gun is modular, and it was designed that way. The trigger guard is removable and replaceable with an aftermarket one from PRS. What you're calling the trigger guard and the underbelly pic rail is all one piece. PRS makes a longer one that just swaps out.

I've been all over the one I've been reviewing for two months. I've had the exact piece you're pointing out off the gun a number of times and it has never given me the impression that you arrived at from photos alone.

I think it's cool that folks are digging this deep to find an issue with the gun. Implicit in the picking of nits is that there's nothing significant about the gun that warrants legitimate concern.

Gotta remember that this gun is modular, and it was designed that way. The trigger guard is removable and replaceable with an aftermarket one from PRS. What you're calling the trigger guard and the underbelly pic rail is all one piece. PRS makes a longer one that just swaps out.

I've been all over the one I've been reviewing for two months. I've had the exact piece you're pointing out off the gun a number of times and it has never given me the impression that you arrived at from photos alone.

I think it's cool that folks are digging this deep to find an issue with the gun. Implicit in the picking of nits is that there's nothing significant about the gun that warrants legitimate concern.
Thank you for doing your review, it was a major factor in my ordering one! You are correct, of the things I have seen (only in photos) there is nothing that is beyond nit picking. The trigger guard on your test gun seems to fit well but a few, and possibly the OPs are less than perfect. Definitely nothing that would stop me from enjoying mine.

Spinj 1.jpg

Thank you for doing your review, it was a major factor in my ordering one! You are correct, of the things I have seen (only in photos) there is nothing that is beyond nit picking. The trigger guard on your test gun seems to fit well but a few, and possibly the OPs are less than perfect. Definitely nothing that would stop me from enjoying mine.
I can finally see what the OP was talking about here in your photo with red circles.

I'll take a close look at the review Ghost after the kids are in bed, focusing on this area and how the edges of the rear sub assembly line up with monoblock, maybe even share some photos since there's been this discussion about it.

First world problems
Seriously...this is what the complaints have been about this whole time?

If I bought this gun, I probably wouldn't even notice it because the factory trigger guard would've been one of the first things I'd replace with an aftermarket part. It's basically the same short, rinky-dink trigger guard that comes on the Impact and I always swap them out for a K&L or Saber Tactical guard.

It is so trivial. My question still stands. Does it affect performance?
It do agree on that it's a trivial cosmetic detail that doesn't affect performance.

On the other hand though, this is an expensive 2000$ air rifle.

I might be wrong but aside from consistency and performance many people opt to buy 2000$ guns due to the details that they will have; those being, beautiful stocks, perfect component alignment etc.

Could be wrong though. Just my humble opinion.

It do agree on that it's a trivial cosmetic detail that doesn't affect performance.

On the other hand though, this is an expensive 2000$ air rifle.

I might be wrong but aside from consistency and performance many people opt to buy 2000$ guns due to the details that they will have; those being, beautiful stocks, perfect component alignment etc.

Could be wrong though. Just my humble opinion.
Yeah by that logic your brand new gun can show up with a giant scratch in it. That's fine as it doesn't effect performance. Aesthetics and fitment DO matter in this price range.